Jbone101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Confused on How much should I be eating??

Hey guys,

So I am a 21 year old college kid. I've been working out on and off basically since high school football but as of recently, 3-4 months i've been getting very serious about the gym. I go 4 times a week usually sometimes 5 depending on how i feel.

I am naturally a very small kid, I'm 6'0 and only about 170 if that. It is a little hard for me to put on weight naturally. My workout schedule has been Chest/tris, Back/bis, shoulders, legs. I separated the legs and shoulders because i really like getting into my legs nowadays. My bench is not coming along so well, I'm kinda stuck at repping 185 around 4 times with some kind of spotter. I rep 205 around 7 times on my deadlift, and about the same with my squatting. I am definitely improving in all areas, but it's definitely coming slower than it used to. I also do 10 minutes of cardio usually before every workout.

My eating schedule is usually this, wake up have a yogurt (i'm in college so usually rushing to class), i'll come home eat boneless chicken thighs, eggs, or a big peanut butter jelly sandwich. I'll usually snack on peanut butter or beef jerky during the day a couple times. For dinner after I workout i'll have a nice steak or some more boneless chicken thighs with some kind of veggie.

For supplements, first let me say this, I am lactose and tolerant which ****ing sucks. And on top of that a lot of supplements just don't sit well with my stomach. So I can't really just go drinking protein shakes all day, my stomach can't even handle egg protein. If anyone has any experience with that, that would be great. I might have to just get Muscle milk and deal with that. But, I take a BCAA made by poliquin and i also take their glutamine and Glycine after I workout.

My question is for those who have come from my situation of just naturally being small and possibly some kind stomach issues. Should I literally just eat all day?? How many calories should somebody be taking in if they wanna build lean muscle and is working out 4-5 times a week (my goal isn't to just be huge)?. Or is what I am doing fine and the slower gains is normal after your first couple gains? I'm just not sure on how much i should be eating without getting fat i would say...

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jbone101 View Post
    Hey guys,

So I am a 21 year old college kid. I've been working out on and off basically since high school football but as of recently, 3-4 months i've been getting very serious about the gym. I go 4 times a week usually sometimes 5 depending on how i feel.

I am naturally a very small kid, I'm 6'0 and only about 170 if that. It is a little hard for me to put on weight naturally. My workout schedule has been Chest/tris, Back/bis, shoulders, legs. I separated the legs and shoulders because i really like getting into my legs nowadays. My bench is not coming along so well, I'm kinda stuck at repping 185 around 4 times with some kind of spotter. I rep 205 around 7 times on my deadlift, and about the same with my squatting. I am definitely improving in all areas, but it's definitely coming slower than it used to. I also do 10 minutes of cardio usually before every workout.

My eating schedule is usually this, wake up have a yogurt (i'm in college so usually rushing to class), i'll come home eat boneless chicken thighs, eggs, or a big peanut butter jelly sandwich. I'll usually snack on peanut butter or beef jerky during the day a couple times. For dinner after I workout i'll have a nice steak or some more boneless chicken thighs with some kind of veggie.

For supplements, first let me say this, I am lactose and tolerant which ****ing sucks. And on top of that a lot of supplements just don't sit well with my stomach. So I can't really just go drinking protein shakes all day, my stomach can't even handle egg protein. If anyone has any experience with that, that would be great. I might have to just get Muscle milk and deal with that. But, I take a BCAA made by poliquin and i also take their glutamine and Glycine after I workout.

My question is for those who have come from my situation of just naturally being small and possibly some kind stomach issues. Should I literally just eat all day?? How many calories should somebody be taking in if they wanna build lean muscle and is working out 4-5 times a week (my goal isn't to just be huge)?. Or is what I am doing fine and the slower gains is normal after your first couple gains? I'm just not sure on how much i should be eating without getting fat i would say...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851