CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Symptoms of low Leptin levels?

I wanted to know what are some generic signs of low Leptin levels if anyone knows about this. This hormone seems to be the most relevant to achieve a steady state of fat loss so I think this is something everything should know. Refeeds seem to be fun and something I haven't done in a few months. How often should one do a refeed?

Read the f***** stickies. justmightbecraz's Avatar
    justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depends on the harshness of your deficit, and how long you've been cutting as to whether or not refeeds are necessary and how often. Symptoms would be plateauing even while on a deficit, strength gains stalling and stagnating, fatigue.
    USMC Veteran 2000-2005

Personal
    Responsibility
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Oct-2011: 340 lbs. ~45% BF Start 1st Cut
    Apr-2012: 263 lbs. ~32% BF
    Oct-2012: 215 lbs. ~23% BF End 1st Cut, Start 1st Bulk

CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CHRISTOPHERTEE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by justmightbecraz View Post
    Depends on the harshness of your deficit, and how long you've been cutting as to whether or not refeeds are necessary and how often. Symptoms would be plateauing even while on a deficit, strength gains stalling and stagnating, fatigue.

Definitely on a fat loss stall. I guess since I'm trying to play around with refeeds for the first time in a smart way I should see how my body reacts to a one day refeed and go from there. I wish there was one equation where we all fit in. This is all so subjective.

masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If running on a deficit and fat loss has stalled will a Leptin Supplement help? I know next to nothing about them but have heard that they can assist with upping your leptin levels without having to have a refeed day?

idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by masonb62 View Post
    If running on a deficit and fat loss has stalled will a Leptin Supplement help? I know next to nothing about them but have heard that they can assist with upping your leptin levels without having to have a refeed day?
    Leptin supplements don't work.

If you want to raise leptin, take a break from dieting, start with a two day carb up, and eat at maintence or slightly above for two weeks. Then go back to dieting and start refeeding at least once a week. Maybe every few days depending on how lean you're.

And read Flexible dieting by Lyle McDonald. He explains everything I said in much better detail.

masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonb62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by idz21 View Post
    Leptin supplements don't work.

If you want to raise leptin, take a break from dieting, start with a two day carb up, and eat at maintence or slightly above for two weeks. Then go back to dieting and start refeeding at least once a week. Maybe every few days depending on how lean you're.

And read Flexible dieting by Lyle McDonald. He explains everything I said in much better detail.
    Good to know, i had almost considered buying them earlier this week.

My last 2 weekends have been cheat days (definatly not refeeding, i ate heeeaps including 2 pizzas). Only gained 0.5kg which was nice. This week I ust started IF so monitoring that and am hoping that those last 2 weekends of not dieting will get me some decent losses.

Cheers for the reply!

RobinOlds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobinOlds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobinOlds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobinOlds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobinOlds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by masonb62 View Post
    Good to know, i had almost considered buying them earlier this week.

My last 2 weekends have been cheat days (definatly not refeeding, i ate heeeaps including 2 pizzas). Only gained 0.5kg which was nice. This week I ust started IF so monitoring that and am hoping that those last 2 weekends of not dieting will get me some decent losses.

Cheers for the reply!
    The earliest studies performed in mice were very promising. However, the most recent studies in humans have show leptin supplements to be ineffective unless you have a mutation in your leptin gene (in which case you would likely be morbidly obese). It appears the vast majority of obese humans already have markedly elevated leptin levels to which they are insensitive to. There is some research being performed in trying to sensitize individuals to leptin like some diabetes drugs that sensitize diabetics to insulin (ie the thiazolidinediones and metformin), but this is way down the road.

So unless your a mouse, or a morbidly obese individual with a very very very rare leptin mutation, leptin supplements appear to be about useless.
    Dec 2nd - Mar 1st

12-2: 238.2 | 12-9: xxx | 12-16: xxx | 12-23: xxx | 12-30: xxx | Month Total:
    1-6: xxx | 1-13: xxx | 1-20: xxx | 1-27: xxx | Month Total:
    2-3: xxx | 2-10: xxx | 2-17: xxx | 2-24: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 3-3: xxx

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
    -George S. Patton