Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    still crazy lean and growing! great to hear things are going good man, been following the vids on youtube
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000)
    making some srs gainz in this thread...mirin that diet cherry 7up too, just finished my 12 pack lol. got them antioxidants. I'll see you at 190 in a month or so, and we shall have an epic pose off
    IFPA Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    Team Scivation
    Team 3DMJ
    IG @Daddyfatceps

boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50) boxteross will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bit late but I'm in.. Great progress so far mate!

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Back at it!

I have not liked not having the time to actively be apart of this forum so I am going to be trying to change that. With time being my biggest issue I am going into the vlog type style of updates becuase it is much more time efficient and honestly more exciting imo. I am currently 8 weeks out from a USPA meet here in Kentucky that Brandon Lilly is hosting. So these vlogs are going to be documenting my training, thoughts and life leading up to the meet. This project was something that I wanted to get started in the first week of this meso cycle of training but I did not get it all in the works so I am picking up starting with week 5 of our soviet strength program M1 and just to clarify when I say soviet strength program that is just the loading parameters that we use, the program is then programmed for each individual based on their needs. So the way that these videos will work is that they will be a week behind which will allow time to edit and voice over. So this is week 5 of Meso 1, week 6 will be out this weekend and I am currently in week 1 of Meso 2. I am excited to be back and apart, you guys let me know what you think about this! When i do have time to come on here I would much rather read about you guys and your training rather than talk about me. So we are off this first video is a little update on the program itself as well as my approach to this program.
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well Well well.. Look who is BACK!

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    Back at it!

I have not liked not having the time to actively be apart of this forum so I am going to be trying to change that. With time being my biggest issue I am going into the vlog type style of updates becuase it is much more time efficient and honestly more exciting imo. I am currently 8 weeks out from a USPA meet here in Kentucky that Brandon Lilly is hosting. So these vlogs are going to be documenting my training, thoughts and life leading up to the meet. This project was something that I wanted to get started in the first week of this meso cycle of training but I did not get it all in the works so I am picking up starting with week 5 of our soviet strength program M1 and just to clarify when I say soviet strength program that is just the loading parameters that we use, the program is then programmed for each individual based on their needs. So the way that these videos will work is that they will be a week behind which will allow time to edit and voice over. So this is week 5 of Meso 1, week 6 will be out this weekend and I am currently in week 1 of Meso 2. I am excited to be back and apart, you guys let me know what you think about this! When i do have time to come on here I would much rather read about you guys and your training rather than talk about me. So we are off this first video is a little update on the program itself as well as my approach to this program.
    Glad to have you back posting!

Gonna kick the wifeys ass soon?!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Aw yeah! Welcome back coach, you know I'll be along for the ride!
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Being that my weekly videos are a week or more behind so that I can get all the training footage for that week plus put it all together and edit it, I wanted to give you guys a little update from yesterday. I am sitting around 188's right now and am going to hold steady around here and not really worry about dieting for the meet. Around 4-5 weeks out Ill tighten up a bit and get within shooting range to just drop some water the last week. I do have the luxury of friday weigh ins for the meet so Ill be weighing in early and eating. Here is a clip of squat training yesterday.

Squats
    Reverse Banded Squats (light bands) 100% training max
    470x5 (2 sets) 470x3 (1 set)
    Squats 90% Training Max
    425x3 (3 sets)

Training the squat following banded squat work is extremely tough and its carry over for me is great. The bands really help me train my explosive strenth out of the bottom and also help build confidence working with heavier loads, being that these are light bands towards the second half of the top on the concentric its basically all me so transitioning from these into regular squats really makes you engage mentally because once those bands are off being that I am already taxed it is extremely tough at the bottom. I am excited about the progress thus far implementing both back to back.

Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best you have ever looked at this weight man. period. you are killing those squats, your numbers have skyrocketed.

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Best you have ever looked at this weight man. period. you are killing those squats, your numbers have skyrocketed.
    Thanks buddy, still a long ways to go, I am going to enhoy this season of PL'ing and then would like to come back to the stage as a middle weight towards the top between 172-176.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000) djkenny is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks buddy, still a long ways to go, I am going to enhoy this season of PL'ing and then would like to come back to the stage as a middle weight towards the top between 172-176.
    brb gaining 15-20 pounds of stage weight...not jelly at all
    Team Scivation
    Team 3DMJ
    IG @Daddyfatceps

Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    this...

Lookin fantastic Matt, you've made some awesome improvements in size while leaning out! SUPER jelly of that v-taper, your waist is crazy waspish

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WOW!

Looking good matt! Looks like your practicing what you preach

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is that the same 12 pack of diet cherry 7up as 4 months ago? Lol. Looking really good man, your glutes look like bricks in shorts!
    TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You don't even need to post any text with your updates to track progress. Just post a pic. It's worth a thousand words.
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Meso 1 Week 6 training recap, these videos are a few weeks behind but I am trying to really make them semi interesting and quality. If you guys have any feedback as to how to make them better/more interesting I would appreciate it. Currently just started week 3 of my current cycle. I will be getting the next video out in the next few days!
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    Thanks for being there for me through all of this your support means the world to me bud. This year is all about living through you and being side by side chasing after that first call out in Cali! Hopefully a PC prior to that as well!

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    this...

Lookin fantastic Matt, you've made some awesome improvements in size while leaning out! SUPER jelly of that v-taper, your waist is crazy waspish
    Trying man, the biggest thing I think has not been chasing a number on the scale and really being patient on the nutrition side of things. My metab is still not 100% so i am just working with the cards I have been delt.

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    WOW!

Looking good matt! Looks like your practicing what you preach
    Sometimes I feel like that is the best thing I can do for my future. Could never ask for something out of others I myself am not doing.

Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    Is that the same 12 pack of diet cherry 7up as 4 months ago? Lol. Looking really good man, your glutes look like bricks in shorts!
    Lol you got me man that is the same can as you can see we dont drink them often haha. Its funny that you noticed my glutes I was probably the most excited about the progress I have made back there myself, i have made it a goal to ahve the best lower half on stage next time around. Thanks for checking in.

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    You don't even need to post any text with your updates to track progress. Just post a pic. It's worth a thousand words.
    Wow Billy that really just blew me away thank you man.
    Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Meso 1 Week 6 training recap, these videos are a few weeks behind but I am trying to really make them semi interesting and quality. If you guys have any feedback as to how to make them better/more interesting I would appreciate it. Currently just started week 3 of my current cycle. I will be getting the next video out in the next few days!
    Love the videos matt! I don't really have any recommendations to make them better though, they are awesome as is!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

Training this week is going really really well. So far I am really happy with how I programed out this cycle, intensity is really high and I defintely feel it a bit CNS wise but getting stronger every week. Weight is rising a bit which I dont like I was 191.8 this morning and I have been watching things closely so I have went ahead and dropped 50-75g of carbs to see how I am doing and go from there. Here are a few clips from this week. The OHP press PR was spur of the moment I have had a goal in my head that I wanted to hit bwx10 on ohp by the end of summer and I wanted to see where I stood. I was pretty happy with this being that I do not really train the movement for strength and this set was after 12 sets of chest work. Dead lift today was also a PR and I felt really good about it. My early back rounding at the initial pull is starting to become less and less. I demand perfection from myself and at times I need to sit back and realize that I have really only been specializing on PL'ing for 9 weeks and I have only been pulling sumo for 5 months. I will be getting the week one recap video up this weekend but here are some lifts from this week.

Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

Training this week is going really really well. So far I am really happy with how I programed out this cycle, intensity is really high and I defintely feel it a bit CNS wise but getting stronger every week. Weight is rising a bit which I dont like I was 191.8 this morning and I have been watching things closely so I have went ahead and dropped 50-75g of carbs to see how I am doing and go from there. Here are a few clips from this week. The OHP press PR was spur of the moment I have had a goal in my head that I wanted to hit bwx10 on ohp by the end of summer and I wanted to see where I stood. I was pretty happy with this being that I do not really train the movement for strength and this set was after 12 sets of chest work. Dead lift today was also a PR and I felt really good about it. My early back rounding at the initial pull is starting to become less and less. I demand perfection from myself and at times I need to sit back and realize that I have really only been specializing on PL'ing for 9 weeks and I have only been pulling sumo for 5 months. I will be getting the week one recap video up this weekend but here are some lifts from this week.

lulz low 190s and super lean "which i dont like"
    Team Scivation
    Team 3DMJ
    IG @Daddyfatceps

Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

definitely in on this
    “be yourself, everyone else is already taken"

Training is going really well currently 4.5 weeks out from my meet and everything so far is going according to plan. I hit two sets @ 97.5% of my training max yesterday on squats then was feeling good so I went ahead and hit my training max for a double. It was an all out grinder but following the previous 2x2 it is encouraging to see where I stand and I hit it for a double in a fatigued state. Weight is also progressing really well I am down to about 187 ish from a high of 192. Here are training recap videos from 8 and 7 weeks out. I am also going to be doing more themed topics while the videos are playing now and I am doing the voice over which is something that I am looking forward to!

Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com

A little update. Everything is going well training wise I am entering my peaking cycle for the meet now currently 3 weeks out. I finished up with a 485 squat, 355x1 paused bench and 485x3 dead lift on this last training phase. Its time to buckle up and finish the drill. Dieting is going well too slow and steady really I hit a low of 186 this friday then had a refeed yesterday. So far in 3 weeks I am down from 192-186 so I am pleased not really worried about making weight at all. I also am very honored to let you all know I have been signed on with Scivation as an Athlete/Brand Ambassador and I am looking forward to representing them through coaching and through my own training as well. Here are some recent videos of training and progress pictures from this morning post refeed.

Pics from today: Disreguard Bed Head

Matt Jansen

www.thestrengthguys.com