Jarriko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Form Check: Clean&Jerk. Snatch.

Just trying to improve upon my form for these lifts. Any positive advice and criticism is appreciated.

Snatch 135

C&J 195

C&J 200

derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derkerkjerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jarriko View Post
    Just trying to improve upon my form for these lifts. Any positive advice and criticism is appreciated.

Snatch 135

C&J 195

C&J 200
    No need to pause at the thigh on the snatch at all...one fluid motion. The bar moves out and away from you and then back towards you, then you pause, then it goes overhead - think of making it stay straight up and down and you move around it.

You can clean the weight, but I think you need to get under it more. You're catching it in what looks like a power clean, which is fine, but then you clearly have it resting FORWARD on your shoulders instead of further back. Think that after you clean the bar and it is floating that you want to pull yourself under it. If that tip doesn't help, the least you can do is to really make sure you snap your elbows around..this will be easier if you work on cleaning the weight and getting under it quick. Don't move slowly, get under there fast and really make those arms pop under the bar without hesitation.

You press out on the Jerk pretty clearly. Split your legs further in my opinion...front leg more forward, directly forward, and back leg landing on your ball of your foot NOT flat footed. You also didn't look too steady after cleaning it and before the jerk. What I was taught was to keep a "SLIGHT" forward lean...it really can't even be described as that, but you want your back solid and tight, as if you were about to squat, which normally means some sort of locked spine/slight curve to it.

Lose the gloves and turn on the lights?

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by derkerkjerk View Post
    No need to pause at the thigh on the snatch at all...one fluid motion. The bar moves out and away from you and then back towards you, then you pause, then it goes overhead - think of making it stay straight up and down and you move around it.

Lose the gloves and turn on the lights?
    Yes!!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Jarriko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Derk. I'll work on those things you mentioned. Never lifted with gloves before this haha. My hands were pretty torn up already and I didn't have athletic tape to make raps and the lights were all turned off in the building before I got up there. :s