thub1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need your help becoming a new person!

I am 24 years old, my weight is 305ish.
    I cant stand being the fat fu*k anymore and i need your help, i am really confused about diet and calorie intake even after reading all the stickies on the entire internet because so many contradict(?) themselves!
    i have only changed my diet the last two weeks and i dont really know if im doing it right, most of the carbs i eat is during breakfast when i eat 60gr of oatmeal and a scoop of whey, 3 hours later i eat about 150g chickenbreast and 200-400gr broccoli with a tablespoon of bbq sauce ontop ofthe chicken, 3 hours later i eat around 300gr chicken breast with a tblspoon bbq and 3 hours later i eat 2-3 slices of 6%carb bread and high on fibres. (example)
    on days i workout i do a proteinshake right after in finished. Does this seem like a bad "diet"?
    I am kinda getting "scared" of eating carbs which i guess is a bad thing?
    there is no personal trainer in my city i can hire so i am hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.
    i really want to keep as much musclemass as possible throughout my journey to become a new person, my doctor seems kinda outdated on the entire nutrition part and i dont really trust him (lol).

Regards Thub

Excuse my bad English

PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by thub1987 View Post
    I am 24 years old, my weight is 305ish.
    I cant stand being the fat fu*k anymore and i need your help, i am really confused about diet and calorie intake even after reading all the stickies on the entire internet because so many contradict(?) themselves!
    i have only changed my diet the last two weeks and i dont really know if im doing it right, most of the carbs i eat is during breakfast when i eat 60gr of oatmeal and a scoop of whey, 3 hours later i eat about 150g chickenbreast and 200-400gr broccoli with a tablespoon of bbq sauce ontop ofthe chicken, 3 hours later i eat around 300gr chicken breast with a tblspoon bbq and 3 hours later i eat 2-3 slices of 6%carb bread and high on fibres. (example)
    on days i workout i do a proteinshake right after in finished. Does this seem like a bad "diet"?
    I am kinda getting "scared" of eating carbs which i guess is a bad thing?
    there is no personal trainer in my city i can hire so i am hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.
    i really want to keep as much musclemass as possible throughout my journey to become a new person, my doctor seems kinda outdated on the entire nutrition part and i dont really trust him (lol).

Regards Thub

Excuse my bad English
    Hello

"so many contradict"

All you need to follow this 3 rules from the sticky

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

doesn't matter what kind of food you get to reach the above requirements and you will lose weight.

his the link to the sticky.

showthread.php?t=129247741 (append it to this website )

"keep as much musclemas"

Lift heavy, use a program that consist of mostly compound exercise, don't make your own routine up when starting out.

Also stuff like, meal timing, when to eat crabs etc.. don't worry about it right now.

EDIT: seems like your not counting calories?
    Last edited by PepPete; 03-27-2012 at 06:39 AM.

thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100) thatcatlady is not very well liked. (-100)
    PepPete: Quick question, why do compound exercises? Noob asking here!

PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PepPete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by thatcatlady View Post
    PepPete: Quick question, why do compound exercises? Noob asking here!
    hey hey =) im a noob too only got 16 post, can't even post a link!

Here is a site that quickly explains it

http: //ww w. muscleprodigy.com/compound-vs-isolation-exercises-what-is-better-arcl-664. html

(remove the space)

mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would agree with PepPete's post in regards to this:

"All you need to follow this 3 rules from the sticky

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week."

The only part I would modify from the above statement is to only strive for a maximum loss of 1 lb a week because to drop 2 lbs a week, you need to be on 1000 calories per day deficit which is very hard to do.

If you want to come out looking good after losing some pounds, you really can't ignore weight training. Sure you can lose weight by only doing cardio, but the problem with that is you'll lose a lot of muscle and at the end of 10-15 lbs lost, you’ll likely end up skinny fat. By weight training during a cut, you’ll ensure most of the weight lost is fat, not muscle.

And if you lift weights, you need to make sure you get in enough protein for muscle repair, which is why they came up with 1g per lb of lean body mass. I’m not sure if it’s entirely necessary to meet those numbers, but getting somewhere close is probably good enough. As long as you make sure to eat enough protein, worry more about the calories than about your macro breakdowns (i.e. how many carbs, fats, proteins in your diet). You’ll realize when you design your meal plan that the carbs and fats will automatically get allocated according to the number of calories you’re trying to eat. In the end, it’s the calories that matter.

As for thatcatlady’s question on compound exercises, I would say if you want to get the most bang for your buck in the gym, compound exercises is the way to go. Doing isolation exercises will not build much mass. Focusing on the compounds helps with stabilizer muscles as well as your target muscle so you end up hitting more muscle groups and after your workouts, you will burn more calories too because your body has more muscle to repair.

BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mych3e View Post
    The only part I would modify from the above statement is to only strive for a maximum loss of 1 lb a week because to drop 2 lbs a week, you need to be on 1000 calories per day deficit which is very hard to do.
    At 305lbs (and assuming a high bf%), he's going to lose more than 1lbs per week, guaranteed. Everything else is his post is pretty much spot on.

Since the OP is at a high BF%, I'm sure you could lose up to 3-4 pounds a week no problem with proper diet and training. I'm assuming he doesn't have much muscle mass to preserve that will be burning up most of his calories.
    Not now chief... I'm in the f*cking zone

mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BereTTa View Post
    At 305lbs (and assuming a high bf%), he's going to lose more than 1lbs per week, guaranteed. Everything else is his post is pretty much spot on.

Since the OP is at a high BF%, I'm sure you could lose up to 3-4 pounds a week no problem with proper diet and training. I'm assuming he doesn't have much muscle mass to preserve that will be burning up most of his calories.
    Yeah you might be right about that, but I would still caution on losing the weight too fast to avoid issues like saggy skin. Just my own opinion though.

Originally Posted by BereTTa View Post

I dont really have that much muscle, my stats in the gym are as of today
    165lbs benchpress 3x10
    180lbs deadlift 3x10
    40lbs bumbbell curls 3x10
    80lbs squats 3x10

Trying to get to the gym 3 times a week to do weights, im around 1500-2000 kcal a day, sometimes a bit lower than 1500.

tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000) tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000) tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000) tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000) tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000) tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000) tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000) tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000) tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000) tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000) tc9012 is just really nice. (+1000)
    At 305 pounds you are going to need to eat much more than 1500 calories. Remember this is a lifestyle change not a race for an immediate result. Don't starve yourself and go so hardcore where you hate it because you will eventually quit and gain it all back. Think of how long it took to get to 305 pounds. Just as it took a while to gain all that weight it will take a while to lose it all. In all honesty, it will probably take about 2 years of consistent diet and exercise to get rid of all the fat. If you starve yourself you will just pig out every few days. From the stickies: Aim to lose 1-2 lbs per week. Remember consistency is the key. You can do it!
    Rep back always

toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tc9012 View Post
    At 305 pounds you are going to need to eat much more than 1500 calories. Remember this is a lifestyle change not a race for an immediate result. Don't starve yourself and go so hardcore where you hate it because you will eventually quit and gain it all back. Think of how long it took to get to 305 pounds. Just as it took a while to gain all that weight it will take a while to lose it all. In all honesty, it will probably take about 2 years of consistent diet and exercise to get rid of all the fat. If you starve yourself you will just pig out every few days. From the stickies: Aim to lose 1-2 lbs per week. Remember consistency is the key. You can do it!
    OP THIS!.... I started at 1800 calories, because I have a sit on my ass and do nothing job at a desk. For me 1800 calories is plenty of food especially healthy food I cook. You can eat a LOT more food when its lean proteins and veggies... I also have a concern with carbs but just make sure they are good carbs. Whole wheats, yams, brown rice... etc. YOU CAN DO IT! I have a friend who has lost 210lbs in 2 years.. I've lost 60lbs in 15 months... It is a LIFESTYLE change... not a fix quick problem.
    Starting Weight 255lbs. 2/1/2011
    Best weight so far 187lbs 5/1/2012 - Then got a hot gf a boat and gained fat lol...
    Starting again for the finish line of 180lbs - 11/1/2012 @ 201lbs

i will do this no mather what! i allready feel like i have more energy after only eating better food for 2 weeks.
    What number of calories do you think i should aim for? 2000-2200?
    i cant belive how i could let this happen to my body, it sucks to not be able to go to the beach without greenpeace thinking its a stranded whale!

Btw i really appreciate the answers in this thread, keeps me motivated!

pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pscho002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    op, i am in the same boat as you man! i started 280 feb first, and i am 265 now. The advice everyone has given is solid. i am following the those same three rules and im very pleased with my progress. just stick with it bro! you will see results. Here are a few other things that have helped me so far.

don't just go by the scale! during the first few weeks the scale was bouncing around alot. The biggest single motivator for me has been the way my clothes have been fitting looser. I have to go buy a new dress belt for work because ive gone down two holes and now the last hole is getting loose. I would suggest just weighing in weekly, at the same time (when you first wake up). my ocd would not let me follow this advice though, If you weigh everyday, be mentally prepared for seeing the scale jump around, its normal with water retention, glyc levels, and food/liquid in your gut. after about a month it seemed to be more consistent day to day.

I've been using a calorie app to help me stay on track. I like myfitnesspal, it gives readouts of my macros, calories, and even weight. Its based on public input on nutrition contents, so its not all 100% accurate, but its a great tool.

you have taken the leap! now just follow through! stay motivated, stay consistent, and watch the transformation unfold!

BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BereTTa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tc9012 View Post
    He's right, 1500 calories is pretty low. When I first started, I was about 210 lbs of all fat and no msuclr and I got down to 180 lbs in 3 months. All I did was began to workout (I could barely bench the bar back then) and started to eat cleaner foods. I started staying away from anything fried and looked for more lean protein. If you stay dedicated, you will succeed in your goals.
    Not now chief... I'm in the f*cking zone

i will do this no mather what! i allready feel like i have more energy after only eating better food for 2 weeks.
    What number of calories do you think i should aim for? ?
    i cant belive how i could let this happen to my body, it sucks to not be able to go to the beach without greenpeace thinking its a stranded whale!

Btw i really appreciate the answers in this thread, keeps me motivated!
    in new, but 2000-2200 sounds decent for now.

Post back often about once a week.

Post info about your weight and mood, then the pros here should be about to adjust you if needed. (no sure if this should be in dairy section)

Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Horizon92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would actually recommend 2500kcal and monitor your weight loss. At 305lbs you use a lot of energy. You want to be conserving your muscle the best way possible. Since you're a big guy you should expect (and go for) some big drops in weight in the beginning. But as you get lower in weight, concentrating on retaining your muscle becomes more important. I myself has gone down from 330lbs to 205lbs, and I made the mistake of getting stressed out and going to hard at it. I'm paying for it now. Don't do the mistake I did! Don't go too low on calories, don't waste time on cardio and lift heavy weights!
    390 back squat
    285 bench press
    500 deadlift (I don't DL anymore)

"It's not about how much you lift. Its about how much it looks like you lift"

JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There's some really good advice in this thread. If you take it, you're going to see results. At 305lbs, I recommend you consume as close to 2500 calories per day as possible. That's WELL below your maintenance. When you are down to 250, you can look at reducing further.

I've lost 52lbs doing what's been outlined in this thread so far. I highly recommend the Starting Strength program, as it's done wonders for me.

Hey guys, i really appreciate all your replies and i feel real bad for stopping my diet and workout for a month.
    I got real depressed, and all i could think about was the negative things in my life..
    But now i got some good news, i got a job, so im going from a monthly student income of 1000$ to 6000$ work income.
    And with that job i get half price at the local gym (YAY!)
    AND its quite a physical job so i will burn more calories daily
    Starting with the starting strength program tomorrow, damn it feels good to see the light at the end of the tunnell!

GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100) GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100) GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100) GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100) GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100) GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100) GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100) GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100) GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100) GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100) GoUSAguy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey guys, i really appreciate all your replies and i feel real bad for stopping my diet and workout for a month.
    I got real depressed, and all i could think about was the negative things in my life..
    But now i got some good news, i got a job, so im going from a monthly student income of 1000$ to 6000$ work income.
    And with that job i get half price at the local gym (YAY!)
    AND its quite a physical job so i will burn more calories daily
    Starting with the starting strength program tomorrow, damn it feels good to see the light at the end of the tunnell!
    Good luck OP. Just see each day that you exercise and eat at a realistic deficit as a victory. Do that for a couple months and you will see results. Then, you won't stop until you get to the finish line. Then have fun, be smart, and relish in your accomplishment.