Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User Freddysmustache's Avatar
    Freddysmustache has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i am still too scared to go to the gym

when i go people bad mouth me over what im doing or look at me weird when im doing cardio. i try not to get into peoples ways but i always do without knowing

i am a pretty large guy also

what should i do?

pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pthree is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "What should I do?" ... How about not giving a ****??? You go to the gym for yourself, to change your body and become healthier. While these *******s talk**** about you or whatever they're doing toward you, keep lifting heavy weight and working hard...in a couple of months , look at them, flex your biceps and ask them if they're admirin.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

''Thank you, Marc'' - Jason Genova

I rape back(prepare your anus)

VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VeniVidiVici92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pthree View Post
    "What should I do?" ... How about not giving a ****??? You go to the gym for yourself, to change your body and become healthier.
    ^ This exactly.

I'd rather go to the gym and get stared at than stay at home and waste my life.
    Man up and go to the gym. You're doing this for yourself, not for anyone else.
    **Irish Misc Crew**

JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JVRICHARDS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hoodie + Headphones. There's just you and the equipment.

Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Spartan5364 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Freddysmustache View Post
    when i go people bad mouth me over what im doing or look at me weird when im doing cardio. i try not to get into peoples ways but i always do without knowing

what should i do?
    You sure you're not exaggerating? how did people bad mouth you? what did they say?
    I don't believe this ****

UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Disregard everyone and do your thing. Go in there knowing what your plan is, what your goals are, how to workout correctly, and have confidence. Research and plan ahead of time, so you don't aimlessly wonder and get into people's way.

****. I get in people's way all the time and don't give a damn lol. I'll steal your machine/equipment if your not watching out, or doing some big ass circuit workout.

Just deal with it. Your not there for them, but for yourself. Confidence comes from doing, so get in there and zone out. Headphones helps me concentrate on my workout and not other people's bull****.

After a while... people will start to stare not out of disgust, pity, w/e.. but out of admiration.

UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    And what exactly is there to be scared off at the gym? You mean your having anxiety because your overly self-conscious and get caught up on too much of what people think? If that's the case.. you really need to buck up and do it, otherwise it'll get worse..

OR go get some therapy.. possibly some medication if it's that bad.

icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JVRICHARDS View Post
    Hoodie + Headphones. There's just you and the equipment.
    This exactly. Today was a big lift day for me.. I always wear a hoodie.. always have the hood up.. when I do cardio I have a beanie cap on too.. pull it over my eyes and just go. There are a lot of people in my gym that stare at me but I don't care.. I know that I'M doing legit stuff and the guy that is 140lbs doing curls for 45 minutes.. why would I care if he stares when I do a *gasp* compound lift? To hell with people, don't let people bother you.. Let them look.. Haters gonna hate.

YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YourIHero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just be yourself and ignore what everyone else thinks. Otherwise you will never be happy if you are always trying to please people and make them happy. NOBODY is perfect and thats ok! Just keep telling yourself that and hopefully you can grow out of being so self-concious. I was like that when I was younger, but after living life I realized who are they to judge me or tell me what to do.

brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ok, so a few dozen gossipy bitches give you the creeps? Well then, 9 of us here, and maybe some more of us can talk ****e about them. Make a blog about how these people give you weird looks, how they look like ****e when they lift weights or work on their cardio and then the rest of us can make fun of em for that.

A few gossipers in the gym is one thing, talking ****e about people online is a real bitch slap to the ego .

So keep going, ignore what they think about you, because we don't care how weird you look. Thats the point of training, to get better at something. They're not very good at motivating people to get fit by talking about them.

Now get back into that Gyme and kick their arse.

bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigbosschris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i had the same problem too but i found a workout buddy whos pretty big and ripped and motivates me while working out.

JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCRZ88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey man a year i was afraid to go to the gym too. It's just not the environment a quiet shy timid editor is meant to be. But I went because I knew i had set goals, I knew I was doing this for my health, and eventually I just started to not care, even made some friends at the gym and now the gym is something I really look forward too. JUST GO!!!

Bertstarin' since 90' datderebjjguy's Avatar
    datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) datderebjjguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    age:29.. c'mon bro your a grown man. are you really gonna let a few looks stop you from improving your lifestyle?
    6'4+ Crew
    MMA Crew
    Introvert Crew
    Built-up Hate Crew
    Havent been laid in a long time Crew
    Avoids Alcohol Crew
    Marijuana Crew

Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    social anxiety? haha sounds like you might wanna get that checked...

anyway, u can't live through life caring what other people think of you... you'll try to make yourself perfect which is not possible causing you to turn into an absolute mess... good luck
    Have a good day, fellow miscer.

yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50) yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50) yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50) yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50) yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50) yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50) yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50) yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50) yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50) yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50) yellow_ninja will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As a big guy that puts up pathetic weight and then goes and dies running on the treadmill (and Im sure that looks and sounds terrible) Ive never had anyone say anything disrespectful or laugh at me. In fact most conversations revolve around "excuse me do you know if anyone is using that?". Nothing to be afraid of. Yeah some of the guys look huge and intimidating to newcomers but they've been nothing but polite. In fact Id say people are a hell of alot friendlier in the gym than out.

The only thing Im wondering is if your doing something crazy in your routine. If that many people are laughing at you maybe you're doing something unusual or dangerous.

Either way suck it up and do what you got to do. It wont be any easier tommorrow than it is today.
    Nicotine free since 8/15/09.

PR 5k: 26:44

3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3lixer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brother_h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ^^^ epic ^^^

TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I was starting I bought some cheap DBs and a bench so I could gain some experience before going into gyms.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    everyone, I do mean everyone has a starting point...some got started lifting in the gym way back in high school for athletics..some in college..some even later in life
    so what? you hear me? the gym and its equipment is for EVERYONE to use..this includes you. soooo take a deep breath and repeat the following mantra
    I DO NOT GIVE A RAT'S *SS WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS BUT ME!

supergohan91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supergohan91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supergohan91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supergohan91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supergohan91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supergohan91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supergohan91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supergohan91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supergohan91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your mindset should be totally different. but if people are bad mouthing you i suggest you get a trainer to show you the ropes. and when you are in there, its all about you, don't think about anyone else

p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) p0seyd0n is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    in my first 2 weeks err one was looking strange at me cus i was a beginer , but after that err thang seemd normal to me
    Article 49 : When asked, "Do you need some help?" a Bro shall automatically respond, "i got it," whether or not he's actually got it.

Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get a personal trailer for a little bit, so you know what you`re doin help with the confidence.

Butphuck the haters
    " Look me in the eye, it`s okay if you are scared , So am i. You are scared of what i would become and im scared of what i will become "

Strength is the total outcome of struggle no matter how bad that struggle is.

doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doworkgetbig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    FIND A GYM THATS RIGHT FOR YOU! not all gyms are the same, go at the right time! I love going to the gym ~ 8/9 at night because nobody's there, i can bust a workout out in 25/30 minutes if i have to but can spend up to an hour/hour 30 on days i want to.
    fecalpheliac

rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Forget about them, use it as fuel to power through you workouts.....

rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rhino71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Find another gym.....

Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taaber will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TooAnabolic View Post
    When I was starting I bought some cheap DBs and a bench so I could gain some experience before going into gyms.
    This. Except if your weight is an issue you could always walk/speed walk/jog/run/sprint/bike/swim/etc. outside or indoors away from people until YOU are comfortable being around everyone. Buy some equipment and get comfortable using them so you can be knowledgeable in the gym. After a while the regulars will recognize that you know what you're doing and won't look at you like you don't belong. At that point your size won't matter…unless you don't progress at all. Different topic though.

Cliffs: know your ****, **** the haters.

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Freddysmustache View Post
    **** 'em.

what should i do?
    Lift some serious poundage. Doing so will help you to shed some unneeded poundage as well as making you strong and, if you like, buff. Win-win!

simper333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly man just ignore them like everyone's saying, use whatever anger it brings to your advantage and surpass them in all aspects

icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icutty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wear some bright red shiny fila hightops that help me squat and deadlift and give me good support on those types of lifts and people laugh. I don't care what people think. I am the guy sweating his ass off and actually trying to better myself. They really are just mad at themselves because they can't be as determined as you. Either find a gym or don't let them bother you. I go to a small local gym and it's a lot better than the commercial gyms I've been to.

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    More than likely this is all in your head, perhaps some sort of subtle self-sabotage. Chances that people give .02cents what you do in the gym are very little. It can feel like all eyes are on you, but they are not. Go the gym, put in your work, mind your business, get healthy.
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer