almaric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Live 5 minutes from gym...should I eat or not?

Hello everyone,

I am finally starting to go to the gym and I am, for right now, following the "Body by Design" program. This program calls for morning cardio for about 20 minutes but he recommends you eat first then go to the gym in order to avoid any negative effects. Well I live literally 5 minutes from the gym and was wondering if its necessary for me to eat? Can't I just wake up go to the gym then come home an prepare a hearty breakfast without a negative effect? This would make thens a lot easier instead of waking up, cooking, waiting for some digestion, then going to the gym.

Thanks

adamgeurens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I havnt heard much about body for life, but usually when you do a specific plan you should follow to the t! I personally see better results from fasted cardio but everybody is different! If you feel your making better progress doing cardio fasted then do it!
    Good luck!

PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PizzaCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't know any science behind it but what works for me is a small bowl of cereal or oatmeal about 20-30 min before a run. Then I eat a real meal in post.

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't need to eat before you go to the gym unless you want to.

Count your calories. houndstoothgrin's Avatar
    houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lots of people on this site live and die with early morning fasted cardio so it is completely up to you how closely you want to follow the programs recommendation and whether you want to eat first or not.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by almaric View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am finally starting to go to the gym and I am, for right now, following the "Body by Design" program.
    Originally Posted by adamgeurens View Post
    I havnt heard much about body for life, but ...

Reading comprehension fail

OP, it is not likely to make any difference regarding body comp. However, if you feel light headed or no energy during your workouts, then fasted may not be the thing for you. The closer you get to your training session, the more helpful liquid nutrition becomes. But, if you workout just fine, then you can train fasted and eat a whole food meal afterward.

michwolver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michwolver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
    You don't need to eat before you go to the gym unless you want to.
    I agree, if can do without then just hit the gym, I do it every morning

get big or get fat trying NaLLa8705's Avatar
    NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Like previous posters said, eating before hand is completely optional. I work out in the morning and never eat before...

heather1y2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I live very close to my gym too and I will usually consume half of a protein shake before I head to the gym. Basically just to replenish my body after 8 hours of not eating but not enough that it would make me sick. Then eat my actual breakfast when I come home.

everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My gym is in my garage. When I used to do morning workouts I'd wake up, suit up, eat a very light breakfast (bowl of cereal) and start warming up (5 minutes) and lift. My stomach could take it. Listen to your body and see what it likes.

(Now I lift after work, I generally bike home and that's my warmup.)
    I LIFT THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cpojkILO0

natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah with me when I'm kinda hungry while running, I can go further distances.
    Start: 270 lbs#(March 5, 2018)
    Current: 259(May 24, 2018) lbs#
    Goal: 220 lbs by December#

vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000) vsukicker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you are lifting eat. cardio dont
    Miami Hurricanes
    ***Georgia Crew***
    Swedish/Cuban Crew.....only member
    Hair of the Gods Crew

I found that if you have a goal, you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal.

adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamg-golfpro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Reading comprehension fail .
    Haha my bad, too early in the morning for me lol