Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What to do? Bulk or Keep Cutting?

I started dieting and exercising back in February and since have lost around ~100 pounds. I've been maintaining this weight now for a couple months because I don't want to lose anymore. My big concern right now is my stomach, I am unsure if it is fat, skin or what. I am very lean everywhere else except for my stomach, is this something that will tighten up? should I keep cutting or would I be okay with bulking? I am at ~168 now, what would you guys do? The biggest concern of mine is that if I do start a bulk that I would add more fat to that area.

I added a picture below for reference.

Thanks guys.

::: Activate Xtreme & Triazole Log :::
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132810753

Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nathanfajkus View Post
    I started dieting and exercising back in February and since have lost around ~100 pounds. I've been maintaining this weight now for a couple months because I don't want to lose anymore. My big concern right now is my stomach, I am unsure if it is fat, skin or what. I am very lean everywhere else except for my stomach, is this something that will tighten up? should I keep cutting or would I be okay with bulking? I am at ~168 now, what would you guys do? The biggest concern of mine is that if I do start a bulk that I would add more fat to that area.

I added a picture below for reference.

Thanks guys.

Gratz on your progress! 100 pounds is a tremendous effort, and I know exactly how hard it is to lose that amount of weight in a mere 8 months. Awesome job.

You look very, very lean. Judging from your picture, you don't want to lose any more weight. Bulking looks like it's the way to go for you right now. Yes, you will gain fat in your stomach, but you'll also gain muscle all around your core. Right now, I doubt losing more weight will get you a perfectly flat stomach, but with this picture it's hard to tell.

If you can, take one more picture with your arms down by your side and your torso relaxed and facing the camera. Such a picture would be far more useful to make a conclusive recommendation at this point.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

-Invictus, William Ernest Henley

nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nathanfajkus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ronik View Post
    Gratz on your progress! 100 pounds is a tremendous effort, and I know exactly how hard it is to lose that amount of weight in a mere 8 months. Awesome job.

You look very, very lean. Judging from your picture, you don't want to lose any more weight. Bulking looks like it's the way to go for you right now. Yes, you will gain fat in your stomach, but you'll also gain muscle all around your core. Right now, I doubt losing more weight will get you a perfectly flat stomach, but with this picture it's hard to tell.

If you can, take one more picture with your arms down by your side and your torso relaxed and facing the camera. Such a picture would be far more useful to make a conclusive recommendation at this point.
    Thank you for the kind words and quick response! I have the taken the picture as you asked and I believe this angle shows the amount of fat/skin better (if you can even call it better). I know some of this is lose skin as it is loose and doesn't have much structure. I have been fat my whole life so what I have achieved thus far is a great improvement, but it isn't where I want to be. I feel the rest of my body is ready to bulk, besides my stomach region. And without the ability to spot reduce, who's to say that if I carry on cutting that I will even lose in my stomach area? I believe the weight I am at now is a good stopping point and a good starting point for bulking but I fear that in doing so I will add even more fat to the accumulated amount that still remains.

Here is the pic, I look skinny fat and I hate that.

Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ronik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for the kind words and quick response! I have the taken the picture as you asked and I believe this angle shows the amount of fat/skin better (if you can even call it better). I know some of this is lose skin as it is loose and doesn't have much structure. I have been fat my whole life so what I have achieved thus far is a great improvement, but it isn't where I want to be. I feel the rest of my body is ready to bulk, besides my stomach region. And without the ability to spot reduce, who's to say that if I carry on cutting that I will even lose in my stomach area? I believe the weight I am at now is a good stopping point and a good starting point for bulking but I fear that in doing so I will add even more fat to the accumulated amount that still remains.

Here is the pic, I look skinny fat and I hate that.
    I disagree, I think you look fantastic. What's there is almost certainly mostly loose skin (I mean, look at the vascularity on your arms and how defined your abs are even with the loose skin). The good news is that you're young - that loose skin is going to tighten up within the next year or so.

Now, as for the cutting v. bulking. The weight you're at looks like a great stopping point. You're obviously very lean, and cutting any further is certainly going to cost you more muscle than it costs you fat. I know for us former-fatasses, it's a huge mental hurdle to actually start GAINING weight - but trust me, it's what you need to be doing. Bulking IS going to cause a fat gain. You can't avoid that, as much as it sucks, and you're going to have to think of it as an investment.

You're going to gain 30 pounds now, and depending on how clean your diet is and how hard you train, more muscle than fat will be put on. That's going to result in an improved physique straightaway- your skin will fill out, and the NEXT time you cut, you're going to look like a god. I know it's easier said than done, but gaining weight right now is a necessary sacrifice in order for you to get your body looking perfect.

You already lost 100 pounds - losing 15 pounds after you bulk is going to be cake. Take this first bulk as an experiment and see how you look after 2-3 months. If you train hard and eat above maintenance, you might even look better after the bulk than you do right now. And after that.. goal body achieved.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

-Invictus, William Ernest Henley

My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah I'd start bulking at this point...that's only loose skin. Aim for 0.5-1 lb per week and you should be fine..bulk for 3-4 months and see where you're at and you may be able to throw a 3-4 week mini cut in there to stay lean.
    Team Beyond Fitness - http://********.com/beyondfitnessofficial
    For coaching, send me a personal message!

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Feel the "loose skin". Can you feel fat under there? I'm not sure but it looks like there's still a few small fat deposits in there. True, you're fairly lean everywhere else but I am going to wonder aloud here: I wonder if it's possible for your BF distribution to kinda screw you over where your bottom gut is the very last to go AND lost unevenly--thus giving the appearance of loose skin. If you can still feel fat under there, I'd say continue cutting. If the skin is the same thickness as say, the back of your hand, then start bulking.
    Barely decent crew

COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) COZ999 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My hat is off to you my friend. Excellent dedication and work! Forget the loose skin and think how much better you look, feel and are. Your body is thanking you! I would say a nice clean bulk would do you well. Adding muscle in certain areas will help the skin being to wrap around the muscle. repped!
    BIG COZ - ALL AMERICAN EFX BOARD REP

ISSA CPT: https://www.issacertifiedtrainer.com/anthonycosentino

Log for my Pro Season:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139916333

"Tough times dont last...tough people do!"

@Ronik

I can't thank you enough for your thoughtful insight! It's great having someone who can relate and offer first hand advice. You're right, it is a mental hurdle for an ex fattie to fathom bulking with the subsequent fat that comes with it, but I guess that goes along with that old addage "it has to get worse, before it gets better".

on a side note, what will effect the lose skin? As it isn't fat or anything will it still tighten up during bulking or how is that taken care of naturally? I was wanting to consult with my doctor on this issue as I don't want to have to resort to surgery.

@My_Legacy

That's what I will be shooting for, now my plan is to get a good bulking diet and routine together to make my gains the best possible.

@cyco85

That was my exact concern but the skin really doesn't have much structure as it did when I was fat. It wouldn't bother me but compared to the rest of my body it sticks out like a sore thumb.

@COZ999

Thanks man! The gracious responses are much appreciated! The reponse has been to bulk and I believe that is what I will do. Everyone has been repped!

Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cyco85 View Post
    Feel the "loose skin". Can you feel fat under there? I'm not sure but it looks like there's still a few small fat deposits in there. True, you're fairly lean everywhere else but I am going to wonder aloud here: I wonder if it's possible for your BF distribution to kinda screw you over where your bottom gut is the very last to go AND lost unevenly--thus giving the appearance of loose skin. If you can still feel fat under there, I'd say continue cutting. If the skin is the same thickness as say, the back of your hand, then start bulking.

bro listen to this man its the thruth..

I was 273lbs 3 years ago i lost 100lbs and had the same problem as you.. I bulked to 218lbs after the 1st year from 173lbs then cut again to 175lbs same exact issue.. This past year i bulked from 175lbs once again to 227lbs and i'm currently cutting again down to 200lbs right now.. I will not stop cutting this time until my skin is paper thin i can still feel the fat thickness in my lower abs even when the rest of my body looks like a crackhead..

Just bite the bullet the first time and continue cutting that fat is weighing that skin down and making it hang worse.. You will look like a crackhead but you will quickly put on some size if you eat very clean and lift hard.. Don't waste 3 years like i have to get lean as possible..

Originally Posted by Samuels View Post
    bro listen to this man its the thruth..

I was 273lbs 3 years ago i lost 100lbs and had the same problem as you.. I bulked to 218lbs after the 1st year from 173lbs then cut again to 175lbs same exact issue.. This past year i bulked from 175lbs once again to 227lbs and i'm currently cutting again down to 200lbs right now.. I will not stop cutting this time until my skin is paper thin i can still feel the fat thickness in my lower abs even when the rest of my body looks like a crackhead..

Just bite the bullet the first time and continue cutting that fat is weighing that skin down and making it hang worse.. You will look like a crackhead but you will quickly put on some size if you eat very clean and lift hard.. Don't waste 3 years like i have to get lean as possible..
    This seems like a split view here, but you have personal experience so this has me thinking. hmmm

Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samuels has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This seems like a split view here, but you have personal experience so this has me thinking. hmmm
    trust me man just bite the bullet you don't have much more weight to lose you will get very frail but its only temporary.. If you bulk now as you gain weight your stomach is just gonna get bigger again trust me i've done it twice now... When all the fat is gone that skin will be paper thin.. I can look at the pics and tell there is still a good bit of fat in your stomach area.. You will have loose skin regardless but it will never tighten up any unless the weight of the fat is off of it.. I actually did 2 Prohormone cycles this year while bulking and put on a good bit of muscle but i still have the same issues its the fat you never lost and is the last to go on people like us that has to either be burn off with diet and cardio or sucked out with lypo..

here is a good write up....

I always read this article by Tom Venuto

There are 12 things you should know about loose skin after very large weight losses:
    Skin is incredibly elastic. Just look at what women go through during pregnancy. Skin has the ability to expand and contract to a remarkable degree.
    Elasticity of skin tends to decrease with age. Wrinkling and loss of elasticity is partly the consequence of aging (genetic factors) and also a result of environmental factors such as oxidative stress, excessive sun exposure, and nutritional deficiency. The environmental parts you can fix, the genetics and age part, you cannot. Advice: Get moving and change the things you have control over... Be realistic and don't worry about those things you don't have control over.
    How much your skin will return to its former tautness depends partly on age.The older you get, the more an extremely large weight loss can leave loose skin that will not return to normal
    How long you carry extra weight has a lot to do with how much the skin will become taut after the weight loss: For example, compare a 9 month pregnancy with 9 years carrying 100 excess pounds.
    How much weight was carried has a lot to do with how much the skin will resume a tight appearance. Your skin can only be stretched so much and be expected to "snap back" one hundred percent.
    How fast the weight was gained also has a lot to do with how much the skin will resume a tight appearance. Your skin can only be stretched so quickly and be expected to "snap back."
    How fast weight is lost also has a lot to do with how much the skin will tighten up. Rapid weight loss doesn't allow the skin time to slowly resume to normal. (yet another reason to lose fat slowly; 1 to 2 pounds per week, 3 pounds at the most if you have a lot of weight to lose, and even then, only if you are measuring body fat and you’re certain it's fat you’re losing, not lean tissue).
    There are exceptions to all of the above; i.e, people who gained and then lost incredible amounts of weight quickly at age 50 or 60, and their skin returned 100% to normal.
    There are many creams advertised as having the ability to restore the tightness of your skin. None work — at least not permanently and measurably — and especially if you have a lot of loose skin. Don't waste your money.
    If you’re considering surgical skin removal, consult a physician for advice because this is not a minor operation, but keep in mind that your plastic surgeon may be making his BMW payments with your abdominoplasty money. (Surgery may be recommended in situations where it's not 100% necessary). Surgery should be left as the ABSOLUTE FINAL option in extreme cases.
    Give your skin time. Your skin will get tighter as your body fat gets lower. I've seen and heard of many cases where the skin gradually tightened up, at least partially, after a one or two year period where the weight loss was maintained and exercise continued.
    Know your body fat percentage before even THINKING about surgery. Loose skin is one thing, but still having body fat is another. Be honest with yourself and do that by taking your body fat measurement. This can be done with skinfold calipers or a variety of other devices (calipers might not be the best method if you have large folds of loose skin. Look into impedance analysis, underwater weighing, DEXA or Bod Pod).

Suppose for example, a man drops from 35% body fat all the way down to 20%. He should be congratulated, but I would tell him, "Don't bitch about loose skin, your body fat is still high. Press onward and keep getting leaner.”

Average body fat for men is in the mid teens (16% or so) Good body fat for men is 10-12%, and single digits is extremely lean (men shouldn’t expect to look “ripped” with 100% tight skin on the abs unless they have single digit body fat, and women low teens).

Except in extreme cases, you are very unlikely to see someone with loose skin who has very low body fat. It's quite remarkable how much your skin can tighten up and literally start to “cling” to your abdominal muscles once your body fat goes from “average” to "excellent." Someone with legitimate single digit body fat and a ton of loose skin is a rare sight.
    So... the key to getting tighter skin is to lose more body fat, up to the point where your body composition rating is BETTER than average (in the “good” to “great” category, not just "okay"). Only AFTER you reach your long term body fat percentage goal should you give thought to "excess skin removal." At that point, admittedly, there are bound to be a few isolated cases where surgery is necessary if you can’t live with the amount of loose skin remaining.

However, unless you are really, really lean, it's difficult to get a clear picture of what is loose skin, what is just remaining body fat and how much further the skin will tighten up when the rest of the fat is lost.

All American Dave All American Dave's Avatar
    All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50) All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50) All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50) All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50) All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50) All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50) All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50) All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50) All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50) All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50) All American Dave will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Although I agree that you should bulk, this should be a very controlled bulk, slowly increasing your macro-nutrients from where you are now and eating clean all the time. This should be just as monitored as the diet you used to get where you are now or more so. I would try and only increase your weight only a few lbs as well. Good luck!
    Built by P/RR/S Training System

God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change; the courage to change the things i can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bulk
    and wow respect at your weight loss

Aurilian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aurilian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aurilian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aurilian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aurilian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aurilian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Definately start bulking up. Can never have enough muscle :P

Reps to everyone on recharge. There is some good debate here and it has me on the fence. I may just have to learn from expierence and start a slow clean bulk as you guys have reccomended and just see what my body does and then from there make a further decision. Thanks fellas!

Reps to everyone on recharge. There is some good debate here and it has me on the fence. I may just have to learn from expierence and start a slow clean bulk as you guys have reccomended and just see what my body does and then from there make a further decision. Thanks fellas!
    everybody told me the same thing to bulk its not the answer trust me... Take your 2 fingers and pinch your lower stomach see if you can feel fat in between your fingers that will be your answer.. You are young enough if you get that fat that is weighing your skin down, off of u some of it may tighten up over time...

alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would continue to concentrate on getting leaner... depending on what your after.. My goal was always to be able to take my shirt off and be proud of what i work out for every day..

Once you get to the point were you no longer feel proud to take your shirt off in public.. think about it..

Originally Posted by alex a View Post
    I would continue to concentrate on getting leaner... depending on what your after.. My goal was always to be able to take my shirt off and be proud of what i work out for every day..

Once you get to the point were you no longer feel proud to take your shirt off in public.. think about it..
    Thanks, but my question is if you can't spot reduce how will I remove the fat from that area or tighten up my skin? me continuing cutting will not gauruntee me losing in my stomach area, my concern is that I will lose in areas I don't want to lose in

Thanks, but my question is if you can't spot reduce how will I remove the fat from that area or tighten up my skin? me continuing cutting will not gauruntee me losing in my stomach area, my concern is that I will lose in areas I don't want to lose in
    You will lose it man you might lose alittle more size but its worth it in the long run.. Just suck it up continue your cut till that skin is paper thin in your fingers.. You don't wanna be like me who listened to everyone else and you keep bulking and cutting..

My boy at the gym eventually cut all the way to 160lbs from 300lbs he had a ripped 6 pack but had some loose skin at the bottom that would hang just alittle but he could cover it with his shorts if he went swimming or something and was ripped.. Now he has continued eating very clean and is up to 190lbs and that skin is tightening up with his weight gain and he still has abs...

Me personally this will be my last hard cut i don't care if i gotta get to 140lbs i will be ripped and then i will slowly put it back on..

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Read this too: http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

You've done a great job, but if you really want to tighten up that skin as much as possible at some point you must get REALLY lean....sub 10%. That is when the skin is really going to shrink. Few people that have been heavy for a long time can imagine sub 10% body fat, so they rarely give it a chance.

I've never seen someone with a lot of excess skin and sub 10% body fat.... have you? Anyone have pictures?

I'd put your body fat right now at 15%-17%... So that means losing another 10-15 pounds.

It will be difficult, but extremely rewarding...You'll look better and better with every pound. My vote is that you should go for it.

You have good muscle mass so you aren't cutting to nothing. GREAT JOB!!!
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

nuthin but a gbone thang gbone74's Avatar
    gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post

I've never seen someone with a lot of excess skin and sub 10% body fat.... have you? Anyone have pictures?
    !!
    This guy got pretty lean and skin issue is still pretty evident

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/je...n=progresspics

sometimes when you have been too fat its just the way it is
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

David Brent: 'If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain'. Do you know which philosopher
    said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

4th jun 2008-342lbs
    21st may 2009-186lbs

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gbone74 View Post

Homie was also probably close to 400 pounds at his heaviest standing only 5'9. He also lost 180 pounds in less than a year.... And he's 34. That's a pretty good example though because even with ALL of those factors against him, he still tightened up fairly well.
    Barely decent crew

nuthin but a gbone thang gbone74's Avatar
    gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cyco85 View Post
    Homie was also probably close to 400 pounds at his heaviest standing only 5'9. He also lost 180 pounds in less than a year.... And he's 34. That's a pretty good example though because even with ALL of those factors against him, he still tightened up fairly well.
    I dont think this example is exactly relevant to the OP I didnt really read his stats

he has,a fantastic job but realistically how much leaner does he have to be? sometimes excess skin is just that it aint stretching back if its hanging down.

I know its a bit of an extreme example but not every body "fat" is only 250 with a 42" waist to start with.

The idea of keep cutting and cutting is not always relevant in every case,sure if you start off at 250 with a gut I can see the cutting thing working even if you are 300 but fat and firm like some of the out of shape powerlifters who get ripped you can see they are heavily muscled but just have a big solid gut,but sometimes 350-400 with a hanging 50-60" waist to start with sometimes its just too far gone.

I have never seen a really obese person (obviously we all have different ideas of obese but my thinking is a big fat wobbly person)go from that extreme to perfectly ripped tight abs etc no sign of excess skin on chest or side chest ever and I have been hunting transformations non stop from the start of mine
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

David Brent: 'If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain'. Do you know which philosopher
    said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

4th jun 2008-342lbs
    21st may 2009-186lbs

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    Read this too: http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

You've done a great job, but if you really want to tighten up that skin as much as possible at some point you must get REALLY lean....sub 10%. That is when the skin is really going to shrink. Few people that have been heavy for a long time can imagine sub 10% body fat, so they rarely give it a chance.

I'd put your body fat right now at 15%-17%... So that means losing another 10-15 pounds.

It will be difficult, but extremely rewarding...You'll look better and better with every pound. My vote is that you should go for it.

You have good muscle mass so you aren't cutting to nothing. GREAT JOB!!!
    great post and i will get to sub 10% bf this time i'm tired of the yo yo bulking/cutting by listening to everyone else..

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gbone74 View Post

Okay...now find me a guy that is morbidly obese that wouldn't be thrilled to have that physique....even with the extra skin.

These are the guys that deserve cosmetic surgery to remove excess skin. They've earned it.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

.Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Guy looks great, just a shame that the loose skin or fat will put a mark on his current progress.

Great work OP.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by .Geeza View Post
    Guy looks great, just a shame that the loose skin or fat will put a mark on his current progress.

Great work OP.
    Let those "scars" remain to remember your mistakes so that you never make them again.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Congrats!!!

Wow is all i can say man! Here i thought i made huge progress dropping 40 this year and u do 100 in 8 months. Repd. Just think how much muscle youll pack on when not in a calorie deficit. Great work!!!

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow great job
    Just start lifting the weights to tighten it all up
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Knicks - NY Yankees

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"