Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Klayfish's journal - The Sequel

I'm not a movie buff in the least, but hopefully this sequel will turn out better than most movie sequels. I slacked off on the original journal, so I thought it best to let it lie in peace and start anew.

Since I let my last journal die, I have still been working out, and still been going at it. Just haven't been logging it. I need to get that part back on track. Can't promise I'll get to it every day, but I need to do my best.

So far, 2010 has been a bit of a struggle. Don't want to overdramatize it, as thankfully it was nothing horrible or life threatening, but I've had my share of challenges. Lots of struggles with how I've been feeling. Hence, my weights are down from what they once were, but I'm pushing as hard as ever. I'm feeling pretty good (knock on wood), with the exception of some right elbow issues. Currently weighing in at 167.6lbs.

Today was leg day. I'm definitely getting deeper in my squats than I used to, with less weights than I did before. The knees are holding it pretty well. I've been trying different kinds of lunges, just to mix things up and see what gives me a good workout. Walking lunges are killer. This week, forgive my ignorance of exercise names, but I did lunges where I stepped up onto a platform that was about 6" high, then stepped down. The workout felt great. Hit the squats hard. I find the hardest part to be starting from my lowest point. Once I get the weight moving back up, I'm OK.

Anyhow, glad to be back. Hope to have time to post in the OV35 forum here and there.

Smith machine Squats:
    1x10 body weight ATG
    1x10 bar weight ATG
    1x10 135lbs WU
    1x8 185lbs
    1x7 195lbs
    1x7 195lbs
    1x8 195lbs

Step up Lunges:
    1x10 body weight WU
    1x10 10lbs each side
    1x10 15lbs
    1x10 25lbs this was my first go at these, I can definitely do more, but need straps as it hurt the wrists to hold them too long

Walking lunges:
    1x10 steps each way - 15lbs

Stiff leg deads:
    1x10 70lbs WU
    1x10 130bs
    1x10 130lbs
    1x9 130lbs

Leg press:
    1x10 135lbs WU
    1x10 265lbs
    1x8 265lbs
    1x8 265lbs
    1x6 265lbs

Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Day two, and I'm still in my journal. Woohoo!! Tough night last night. We have a live in au pair/nanny to take care of our kids while Mrs and I are at work. We go through an agency, and the au pair is on a one year contract. Our current au pair, who is from Sweden, finished her year with us yesterday. Our new au pair, from Finland, arrived on Friday, so we had a 3 day overlap to help the new nanny get acquinted with the kids, etc… But last night we had to say goodbye to the outgoing one. It wasn't that bad for my my wife and I. We really like her, but we can deal. I just felt so horrible for my children. They really loved her. The twins are only 3 years old, I don't think they really understood she was leaving forever. But my oldest is 6 years old, and he completely understood. I could see his heart break as she walked out the door. As a parent, it was gut wrenching to see him cry, knowing that someone he loved, and loved him so much, is leaving. But we're very optomistic our new nanny will do just as well, we really like her.

Workout today felt good. I'm bringing my calories back up from having done a mini cut over the past 4 weeks. I had developed a tiny gut I didn't like, so I backed the calories down. Started going back up yesterday. Got more reps in on my smith machine benches. Then onto the flat flye. Pec dec up next, finished off by cable crossovers. Those last two always seem the same. Even though I'm pacing myself, I start off like a house of fire. 4,5,6, then suddenly splat. I'm glad to be back in my journal, and hope to take updated pictures soon, so everyone can see where I am now.

Smith machine bench press:
    1x10 95lbs WU
    1x10 165lbs
    1x9 175lbs
    1x8 175lbs
    1x7 175lbs

Flat flye db:
    1x10 25lbs WU
    1x8 35lbs each side
    1x8 35lbs
    1x8 35lbs
    1x7 35lbs

Pec dec:
    1x10 55lbs WU
    1x9 110lbs
    1x7 110lbs
    1x6 110lbs
    1x5 110lbs

Cable crossovers:
    1x9 60lbs each side
    1x7 60lbs
    1x6 60lbs
    1x5 60lbs

Ab machine
    Incline sit ups

Treadmill - 3.15 total miles in 33 minutes

Shoulder day. I need to get my lazy butt to an ortho to check my elbow, but I'm guessing it's classic tennis elbow. I feel it most on shoulder days. Trying to grip the dbs to do front and side raises is a b!tch. Nonetheless, workout was still good. I used to do my front raises one arm at a time, I now do them both at the same time. I use much lower weight that way. I also take caution to make sure there is no swinging of my upper body to give momentum. I tried varying how far apart my hands were during my sets of seated barbell presses. Did two sets with them wider, two just a few inches closer together. Definite difference in where I feel it and how many I can do. I'm sure part of it was I was tiring on sets 3 and 4, but I liked the different widths.

My numbers were good on my first few exercises. Very pleased with them. My last exercise is face pulls, and those numbers weren't as good. But I was pretty cooked by time I got to it, so I did all I could.

Seated barbell press:
    1x10 65lb WU
    1x7 105lbs - wider
    1x7 105bs - wider
    1x5 105lbs - narrow
    1x4 105lbs - narrow

Dumbbell front raise:
    1x10 15lbs WU
    1x8 30lbs (each side)
    1x8 30lbs
    1x7 30lbs
    1x7 30lbs