jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagsfan05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Creatine for tennis?

For those of you that need some background information on me, I am 23 years old. Currently I am 6'1", 150 lbs. I am a vegetarian and just lately I have started eating real strict which made me drop to 150. I am usually 170.

I used to be more into lifting weights than tennis, and I was at one point 190 lbs. I took creatine, nitric oxide, protein powder, etc. I stopped lifting weights except for on my legs, because now I am strictly all about tennis so I just want to play tennis all the time and put effort on my legs in the weight room.

Here is the thing. All throughout my life I have been called chicken legs. I have the skinniest bone structure through my legs, and they are extremely long. They have always been a nuisance to me.

Now the question is, do you think there would be anything wrong with me going back on creatine to build up my leg strength and get these legs to looking normal when I am on the tennis court? I am not doing it just for looks, but just to get them stronger and better for playing tennis. Since I started going to the weight room again for building up my legs, I can tell my legs have gotten bigger without me even being on creatine. But they are still pretty odd looking.

You think it would be ok or would this be "cheating"? Can anyone else relate to my body structure? Tall and skinny with chicken legs? Lol

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would look into Creatine and Beta-Alanine, both could help to increase your performance on the court and neither one is a banned substance.
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    as long as you dont feel that being 5lbs heavier will effect your game.

bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As Tom said creatine and beta-alanine can both benefit you. Maybe look into taking kre-alkalyn or even EFX's CellRush which is a blend of kre-alkalyn and beta-alanine, which both compunds will greatly help with your strength and endurance both in the gym and on the tennis court. Plus an advantage with kre-alklayn you will not be carrying around any extra water weight, you will get very lean dry gains.

It sounds like you just have a long lengthy frame, which there is nothing you can do other than kill it in the gym, diet and supps. What hurts you is you are constantly doing cardio with playing so much tennis, so maybe in the gym focus on some heavier squats and legs presses to add some size, keeping heavy weight and lower reps, but continue with your tennis training so you do not loose the endurance that is required to make it through a match or 2 in a row.
    AI Sports Nutrition Dir. of Sales/Marketing

Save 20% off on all AI Sports Nutrition products when you go to checkout all month long.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm

********.com/AISportsNutrition

Subscribe to our newsletter at http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jagsfan05 View Post
    For those of you that need some background information on me, I am 23 years old. Currently I am 6'1", 150 lbs. I am a vegetarian and just lately I have started eating real strict which made me drop to 150. I am usually 170.

I used to be more into lifting weights than tennis, and I was at one point 190 lbs. I took creatine, nitric oxide, protein powder, etc. I stopped lifting weights except for on my legs, because now I am strictly all about tennis so I just want to play tennis all the time and put effort on my legs in the weight room.

Here is the thing. All throughout my life I have been called chicken legs. I have the skinniest bone structure through my legs, and they are extremely long. They have always been a nuisance to me.

Now the question is, do you think there would be anything wrong with me going back on creatine to build up my leg strength and get these legs to looking normal when I am on the tennis court? I am not doing it just for looks, but just to get them stronger and better for playing tennis. Since I started going to the weight room again for building up my legs, I can tell my legs have gotten bigger without me even being on creatine. But they are still pretty odd looking.

You think it would be ok or would this be "cheating"? Can anyone else relate to my body structure? Tall and skinny with chicken legs? Lol
    Take it from a tennis player...

if it doesnt have anything for pumps, go for it. At least, around play time. Stick to efficacious forms of creatine; stay away from kre alk, CEE, etc. There is nothing "cheating" about creatine.

I remember a tournament where I took superpump or something similar (before I was with Gaspari) and a creatine product that also had pump enhancers, and by the end of the first set I was cramped so bad I could hardly sprint.

I have a 4.5 tournament coming up and Ill probably take half a dose of sizeon mp before the match. But when in the weight room, take what you want. Creatine isnt cheating in tennis any more than it is in any other part of life.

For other supplements that will help during tennis, get a multi, protein powder(s), and maybe look into something for energy. Ive also found a combo of Omega sports' ONE in one bottle and powerade/similar drink in another bottle to be a great combo for tournament time.
    God bless/science be with our military

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bodybuilder03 View Post
    As Tom said creatine and beta-alanine can both benefit you. Maybe look into taking kre-alkalyn or even EFX's CellRush which is a blend of kre-alkalyn and beta-alanine, which both compunds will greatly help with your strength and endurance both in the gym and on the tennis court. Plus an advantage with kre-alklayn you will not be carrying around any extra water weight, you will get very lean dry gains.

It sounds like you just have a long lengthy frame, which there is nothing you can do other than kill it in the gym, diet and supps. What hurts you is you are constantly doing cardio with playing so much tennis, so maybe in the gym focus on some heavier squats and legs presses to add some size, keeping heavy weight and lower reps, but continue with your tennis training so you do not loose the endurance that is required to make it through a match or 2 in a row.
    Very well said, and I agree. I will just add that I use to be a very high level tennis player and still can hit pretty well.

I found that creatine is great for overall strength which translates into a more powerful serve/backhand (if you use a 2 handed backhand). Just make sure to drink a LOT of water, especially with all the water you sweat out from tennis

longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bulk beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate would serve (pun intended) you well.

oomph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TigerStealth View Post
    Very well said, and I agree. I will just add that I use to be a very high level tennis player and still can hit pretty well.

I found that creatine is great for overall strength which translates into a more powerful serve/backhand (if you use a 2 handed backhand). Just make sure to drink a LOT of water, especially with all the water you sweat out from tennis
    True that..

Water, water, water to make sure you stay out of bad cramping!

There is some supplements exclusively for tennis player on the market now.. interesting readings.

StimJunkieExtraordinaire hedfullofmusic's Avatar
    hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn dude you need to gain some weight.
    * ulcerative colitis crew *

drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by oomph View Post
    True that..

Water, water, water to make sure you stay out of bad cramping!

There is some supplements exclusively for tennis player on the market now.. interesting readings.
    they are almost completely bull**** however. Kind of like the creatinine bottles from a few years back that were advertised in Tennis magazine (that I bought when I was 16 lol).

Stick to athletic performance supplements and possibly joint supplements. Proven forms of creatine (aka NOT CEE or kre alk), beta alanine is fine, electrolytes, good carb sources, etc. Avoid pump products, unless you are a 3.0 or something where no one cares.

ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My older brother was a D1 college tennis player, lifts with me 4-6x per week. Lifting definately aided him in his tennis game, gave him an awesome powerful serve. He takes creatine/fish oil/ multi vitamins, protein.. all the staples.

He also has chicken legs insanely bad... and that is mostly genetics, as well as not doing heavy leg compound lifts while growing up. Doing squats, legpress, lunges, single leg squats/lunges will only benefit you and help your legs grow and build mass. Form > weight. Get that full Range of Motion. Doing these exercises helped him build a much more solid lower half, I definately recommend you do squats, legpress, and the rest I listed above.

IMO taking creatine will benefit you with doing anything athletic/exercise. I'd definately look into a creatine supplement, Creapure mainly. Allmax makes great creapure for cheap.

Originally Posted by ISurfNudeBrah View Post
    My older brother was a D1 college tennis player, lifts with me 4-6x per week. Lifting definately aided him in his tennis game, gave him an awesome powerful serve. He takes creatine/fish oil/ multi vitamins, protein.. all the staples.

He also has chicken legs insanely bad... and that is mostly genetics, as well as not doing heavy leg compound lifts while growing up. Doing squats, legpress, lunges, single leg squats/lunges will only benefit you and help your legs grow and build mass. Form > weight. Get that full Range of Motion. Doing these exercises helped him build a much more solid lower half, I definately recommend you do squats, legpress, and the rest I listed above.

IMO taking creatine will benefit you with doing anything athletic/exercise. I'd definately look into a creatine supplement, Creapure mainly. Allmax makes great creapure for cheap.
    oh look a non pimp rep, how refreshing

good adivce. Also doing deep squats and DLs definitely helped my baseline game and hops.

Another thing to do are exercises that help the stabilizing muscles. Nothing like coming down from an awkward overhead on one foot and not having good stabilizers.

ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by drxmn View Post
    oh look a non pimp rep, how refreshing

good adivce. Also doing deep squats and DLs definitely helped my baseline game and hops.

Another thing to do are exercises that help the stabilizing muscles. Nothing like coming down from an awkward overhead on one foot and not having good stabilizers.
    Just here to give advice my man. Try to help out the public.

Originally Posted by ISurfNudeBrah View Post
    Just here to give advice my man. Try to help out the public.
    Good. Some people see a newbie question on the forum and are all over it like fat on oprah.

Originally Posted by drxmn View Post
    Good. Some people see a newbie question on the forum and are all over it like fat on oprah.
    I was a newbie 3-4 yrs ago... Gotta start and learn from somewhere.

Leah86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Creatine may be helpful for well-trained athletes to increase exercise performance and strength, however if you decided to be strictly about tennis, I would suggest acceformula (aceformula.com). It's a natural product, low on calories and it's especially designed for tennis players. Playing tennis means you might develop joint problems, so that's definitely something to take into consideration when you're choosing your supplements. Also, tennis players tend to get tired more quickly, coffee is a great energy booster but chances are it's going to make you dependent.
    If you have ant doubts, try talking to a nutritionist.
    Leah

kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kimbotslice1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thread is obviously a bit dated, but i would say from my experience that whilst on creatine itself, I found my concentration and energy levels on court decreasing - it could just be a physchological effect however, as I am now taking an all in one and feel fine on court

my only advice would be to not get so big that you lose your speed and agility on the court

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kimbotslice1 View Post
    thread is obviously a bit dated, but i would say from my experience that whilst on creatine itself, I found my concentration and energy levels on court decreasing - it could just be a physchological effect however, as I am now taking an all in one and feel fine on court

my only advice would be to not get so big that you lose your speed and agility on the court
    Creatine wouldnt make you big unless you trained and dieted for it so that wouldnt be a concern.

Your point in your post is one of the reasons I cycle off creatine for a minimum of 6 weeks once or twice a year. It just gets boring and you dont notice anything. The placebo psychological boost you may initially get from creatine can go a long way imo should you take advantage of it (motivation).
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife