TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Opinions on Fat Gripz for olympic lifts

I have a few questions regarding Fat Gripz.

Firstly, how do they stay in place on the bar? I can only presume they have a slight give in them....but would that not reduce the point of it being a axle-type of grip which should be solid....

Secondly, if they DO stay in place (which I am hoping they do) for linear movements such as bench press and deadlifts....how would they be for olympic lifts? Of course not maximal olympic lifts per se, but I am more into barbell complexes which as a wrestler is great for conditioning..

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    they stay in place perfectly

I use it for mostly arm and back exercises-curls, pulls- and gives my grip and forearms tremendous workout

For the oly lifts it would be very difficult but guess could be similar to axle clean and press. I wouldn't do it for snatch though.

I find it works best for arm exercises and just pure grip exercises.

pretty much feels exactly like thick bar but not quite as good of grip since its rubber. I usually use it always for curl type movements and few pulls like bent over rows, ad dl variations till my grip is completely done then switch to straps for heavy work.

TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10) TemporaryFat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by someonefat View Post
    they stay in place perfectly

I use it for mostly arm and back exercises-curls, pulls- and gives my grip and forearms tremendous workout

For the oly lifts it would be very difficult but guess could be similar to axle clean and press. I wouldn't do it for snatch though.

I find it works best for arm exercises and just pure grip exercises.

pretty much feels exactly like thick bar but not quite as good of grip since its rubber. I usually use it always for curl type movements and few pulls like bent over rows, ad dl variations till my grip is completely done then switch to straps for heavy work.
    thank you for the reply bro, they do sound different but I think I will be leaving these and not buying them ever, i have read around on the boards and they just sound like another gimmick and Dave and Charles do recommend them, but they are the ones selling them too.

Thanks again, I will leave this thread up I guess for others to read

endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000)
    They will never come off. I usually put the slit somewhere in the palm of my hand.

You end up compromising the weight of any exercise you use them on. You wont be able to clean as much as you normally would, because grip becomes the determining factor
    Everything I post is my opinion. However my opinion is based upon things I have done, seen or implemented with others.

You can take it or leave it. After all...you are entitled to your own opinion