annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

fitness poynters?

i'm really interested in trying it out to lose some fat and build lean muscle. it seems like it will be worth it but i'm not too sure yet..... i just wanted to get some insight

Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr. G is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

just have fun! honestly...working out sucks in my opinion. the only way to really not hate it is to try and have as much fun/enjoyment with it as possible. Also it's the one thing that is a garantee...you're garanteed to see results if you put in a decent amount of hard work. There are no garantees in life...but I tend to think this is the one exeption to that rule, training hard and working out for results can be a garantee
    I have my standards...they may be low...but I have them.

annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annamariiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    just have fun! honestly...working out sucks in my opinion. the only way to really not hate it is to try and have as much fun/enjoyment with it as possible. Also it's the one thing that is a garantee...you're garanteed to see results if you put in a decent amount of hard work. There are no garantees in life...but I tend to think this is the one exeption to that rule, training hard and working out for results can be a garantee

i knowwww, i've just been kind of unmotivated lately! i lost the weight i wanted to but now i'd like to lose a little more and start putting on some muscle i just need something to get my back to where i was motivation wise! thank you though i like and agree with your outlook

AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All I know is he knows his **** from results I've seen.
    Kettle Bells? Bulgarian Bags? Cross Fit? Eff Yeah, on it.

transformation started... aussieangie's Avatar
    aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    try hard to tay focused number 1, and 2 eat as lean as possible and train at the pace that you can. Motivation is the key to success. GOOD LUCK TO YOU
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by aussieangie View Post
    try hard to tay focused number 1, and 2 eat as lean as possible and train at the pace that you can. Motivation is the key to success. GOOD LUCK TO YOU
    I work with Steve Poynter, and he does know his stuff, if you have any questions ask away.

Originally Posted by sersokhi View Post
    All I know is he knows his **** from results I've seen.
    very true haha

Originally Posted by BUFFIAM View Post
    I work with Steve Poynter, and he does know his stuff, if you have any questions ask away.
    thanks, i think i might!

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I will say that he WILL get results, however I wasn't that impressed with what Steve gave me. It felt cookie cutter to me. Esp since I filled out the pre-forms for him, and I feel like he didn't even read them. I'm now working with Emma-Leigh and I LOVE it! I have never been so impressed by a trainer.

With whatever you choose, good luck! It all boils down to your effort really. If you MAKE a plan work, it will
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BUFFIAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by vandalgirl59 View Post
    I will say that he WILL get results, however I wasn't that impressed with what Steve gave me. It felt cookie cutter to me. Esp since I filled out the pre-forms for him, and I feel like he didn't even read them. I'm now working with Emma-Leigh and I LOVE it! I have never been so impressed by a trainer.

With whatever you choose, good luck! It all boils down to your effort really. If you MAKE a plan work, it will
    I agree that it is cookie cutter, there are only so many workouts you can establish i guess, but I am sure my workout is similar to what he gave you. His diet is pretty good though and he is always there to answer questions.

I am going to try someone else next time for sure, but it wasn't a bad experience.

FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did the COMPLETE 12 week program with Steve and let me just say it's a good diet and great workouts but the diet is not something I would suggest you live on forever. It's an anabolic diet with a higher carb day every 3 days. It did help me lower my body fat and helped me realize diet first then workouts next. I liked how the workouts changed every two weeks...kept me on my toes!

TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by annamariiee View Post
    i'm really interested in trying it out to lose some fat and build lean muscle. it seems like it will be worth it but i'm not too sure yet..... i just wanted to get some insight
    Try to visit in the gym daily and ask for help of your gym instructor of what is the best first step to lose weight.

You need to have a healthy diet too.

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TheBodyGenie View Post
    Try to visit in the gym daily and ask for help of your gym instructor of what is the best first step to lose weight.

You need to have a healthy diet too.
    Lowering body fat is all about the diet. PT's don't necessarily have experience when it comes to dieting. You will need someone that specializes in nutrition.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    He does a competition style diet for his programs...his program really taught me that nutrition comes firt (because he only requires 20 min cardio on his plans)...only prob is I felt you can only eat like that for so long...low low carb and literally no diary..and there is nothing wroking with add in some low fat cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or a small protein into your diet...but steve poynter would disagree. You want to be a able to diet in a way where it can be a lifestyle afterwards...I would NOT recommend cutting on less than 1,600 calories...for so many reasons! Steve throws you into this diet in a way that your set up to crach and burn. You want to mentally change the food choices you are making so it's slowly shuttle and where "diet" does not create a burn out.

I will be honest his diet and workouts did work for me and he give one cheat meal every 4 weeks...but you can do the same things at home by eating a solid program of 1,600 caloires, lift hard/heavy, keep it fresh and change it up in your workouts every 2-3 weeks, and reduce your treat meals to once a week.

there is no need to do countless hours of cardio..control your fat loss with diet first...once I started doing THAT my body looked better.

tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tiff_7_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FitWish View Post
    I did the COMPLETE 12 week program with Steve and let me just say it's a good diet and great workouts but the diet is not something I would suggest you live on forever. It's an anabolic diet with a higher carb day every 3 days. It did help me lower my body fat and helped me realize diet first then workouts next. I liked how the workouts changed every two weeks...kept me on my toes!
    I second this. I got great results from him but eventually did grow tired of the diet and had a rebound.

I still use his workouts to this day and I am appreciative of the support and advice I received from him.

I have an event I want to look my best for in about 8 weeks and i'm following his meal plan strictly again to get down to a lower weight...and lo and behold its working like a charm.

Although yeah...I tend to eat more fruit and dairy than what is in his meal plan and probably more fats too...

If you need guidance I would recommend him for sure...now I feel more confident and knowledgeable myself but it was really great to have his help at first.

jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jersey31 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I tried Steve's plan and it didn't work for me, but that was mostly my fault since I didn't do the meal plan to the T, which is what you have to do. His workouts are awesome but I wasn't crazy about the meal plan. I need variety and can only eat so much meat and veggies before I start getting nauseous thinking about it. If you feel you can stick to the plan to the T, give it a try, it will work. Good luck!
    "Where there is no struggle, there is no strength"

CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreativeRick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Motivation is very important, but not the only trait that can drive you... Here are a couple other words to keep in mind.

Discipline - Sticking to your diet and work out regimen.

Dedication - Going to the gym and eating right even when you aren't motivated.
    Twitter/IG: @RichyRG
    Snapchat/kik: SarcasticBoi

*Military Brah*

Murica.

kiki25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Steve- Fitness Poynters is amazing!! He is so great! Check out my profile for some before and after pics. I did his psychotic fat destruction plan!!!
    Good luck =)

-kimia <3
    Believe in yourself <3

designgurl76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Fitness Poynters

Originally Posted by vandalgirl59 View Post

I am just finishing up a 12 week challenge with Steve Poynter and I wish I would have known this information sooner. I definitely have results. Part of the program is filling out a sheet for food allergies, preferences, and what you are currently eating.

However, I've found out the hard way that his plan is very cookie cutter. I put down that I am allergic to certain items and he put them into the nutrition plan anyways. I have also messaged him about not being able to stomach certain items only for him to put them in anyways. There's no customization.

I'll give him a lot of credit for being quick to answer questions. However, he is very short and sometimes snippy with answers.

The workouts involve a ton of cardio (almost 2 hrs daily) six days a week and weight training is 2 sets (8-12 reps) of an exercise, with approximately 5-6 exercises. Honestly, I achieved the same results on my own with a regular diet and more weight training; and a lot less cardio.

All that said, a lot of people have good reviews and it's possible his other programs work better. I've had two friends he has trained for bikini contests, one placed. One person stuck with him, the other did not.

If you take anything from this post, make sure you ask a lot of questions to see if his method will work for you.