slovak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any planner/calculator/couch for workout & food planning?

Hi,

I am soo confused, it looks like I am looking through some fog and this keto thing is one huge science to me.

There are so many approaches, when I read the replies, almost everyone has different approach and I am really confused what to do or not to do.

I am looking for some online planner/calculator for workout and daily food planning throughout keto diet. Or, maybe I'd prefer some really experienced "online couch", to help me with workout plans, foods, etc.

When I see all those protein, carbohydrate numbers,etc., my head spins like crazy Soo depressed because of this and I shouldn't, because my motivation to get down is very high.

Goal: Kick the fat out of my body & work some muscles
    6"1'
    213lbs
    >25% bodyfat (very little muscle)

AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink its really not that hard.

start with this.

Figure out how many calories you need to be taking in.

ie lets says 2000

now I do 60% fat, 35 % protein 5% carbs.

multiply your calories times the percentages then divide your grams = macros

ie. there are 9 calories per gram of fat.

so you take 2000 times .60 and then divide it by 9. = 133 grams of fat.

and continue.

now once you have your macros for me its easier to divide it into how many meals you have a day, lets say 6: one every 2-3 hours.

then you have a goal for macros per meal.

now after that its pretty simple.

Do basics, youll feel better and wont get tempted. I get thrown off once I start treating myself to sugar free candy and crap.

my meal plan generally looks like this:

3 scrambeled eggs with bacon and cheese (sometimes veggies).
    pwo shake
    tuna or salmon salad with full fat no carb ceasar dressing
    chicken with veggies ( I cook chicken in olive oil to get my fat)
    5-6 oz top sirloin with veggies
    the last meal I play with a bit since my pwo shake is virtually nothing but ill have a couple of boiled eggs, sometimes some pb and celery etc.

I sometimes will make a protein brownie if im sick of the above and have a sweet tooth with whey egg and PB, snack on almonds etc.

drink about a gal of water a day. I take multi, omega 3 , joint support and fiber supplement.

Im not sure where you are at with your training but make sure you have a solid strength training workout, lift heavy so you wont lose muscle, ofcourse you will have some off days in the beginning.

check your progress every 2 weeks, and monitor. dont make it too confusing with yourself. Dont get too gung ho with the scale, guys who are very lean can get away with it IMO. Take measurements and find a pair of jeans or a long coat thats tight and try it out on every 2 weeks.

I do a 3 day body split of heavy lifting, and 40 minutes of cardio 3-4 days a week for now. Since you have little muscles ( Im assuming youre a newbie?) do a full body weight training search on here and do it mon, wed, and friday.

my carb ups are every 10-14 days for only a day, I only eat 240-300 grams of carbs. Im carb sensitive so I dont go crazy and generally since my body is so used to keto, I feel like im gonna vomit with carbs.

buy some ketostix it will help motivate you!

hope this helped some. listen to your body.
    Last edited by AnyaBailey; 03-11-2010 at 07:36 AM.

AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

some online tools

calorieking.com

fitday.com

if you have an iphone I totally love the tap and track one, its like fitday but on your phone. Honestly I dont have the time nor the care to sit on a pc and do that stuff, I get too antsy

You'll have to spend a bit of time (couple hours) in the beg to get everything settles and tweaked.

Goodluck and don't dispair! Start off simple then you can tweak, everyone is tweaking and doing more 'advance' things. Just get in there, keep diet simple baby steps.

Thank you, helped a lot :-)

The calories are also a wonder to me but I'll try to use some online tables for that.

Are you saying you're on keto constantly?
    Should i do whole body workout + cardio (some fast walking) 3-4 days a week then?

Originally Posted by AnyaBailey View Post
    start with this.

Figure out how many calories you need to be taking in.

ie lets says 2000

now I do 60% fat, 35 % protein 5% carbs.

multiply your calories times the percentages then divide your grams = macros

ie. there are 9 calories per gram of fat.

so you take 2000 times .60 and then divide it by 9. = 133 grams of fat.

and continue.

now once you have your macros for me its easier to divide it into how many meals you have a day, lets say 6: one every 2-3 hours.

then you have a goal for macros per meal.

now after that its pretty simple.

Do basics, youll feel better and wont get tempted. I get thrown off once I start treating myself to sugar free candy and crap.

my meal plan generally looks like this:

3 scrambeled eggs with bacon and cheese (sometimes veggies).
    pwo shake
    tuna or salmon salad with full fat no carb ceasar dressing
    chicken with veggies ( I cook chicken in olive oil to get my fat)
    5-6 oz top sirloin with veggies
    the last meal I play with a bit since my pwo shake is virtually nothing but ill have a couple of boiled eggs, sometimes some pb and celery etc.

I sometimes will make a protein brownie if im sick of the above and have a sweet tooth with whey egg and PB, snack on almonds etc.

drink about a gal of water a day. I take multi, omega 3 , joint support and fiber supplement.

Im not sure where you are at with your training but make sure you have a solid strength training workout, lift heavy so you wont lose muscle, ofcourse you will have some off days in the beginning.

check your progress every 2 weeks, and monitor. dont make it too confusing with yourself. Dont get too gung ho with the scale, guys who are very lean can get away with it IMO. Take measurements and find a pair of jeans or a long coat thats tight and try it out on every 2 weeks.

I do a 3 day body split of heavy lifting, and 40 minutes of cardio 3-4 days a week for now. Since you have little muscles ( Im assuming youre a newbie?) do a full body weight training search on here and do it mon, wed, and friday.

my carb ups are every 10-14 days for only a day, I only eat 240-300 grams of carbs. Im carb sensitive so I dont go crazy and generally since my body is so used to keto, I feel like im gonna vomit with carbs.

buy some ketostix it will help motivate you!

hope this helped some. listen to your body.

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you have an iphone I totally love the tap and track one, its like fitday but on your phone. Honestly I dont have the time nor the care to sit on a pc and do that stuff, I get too antsy
    +1 to that! Tap N Track is my best friend!

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

Originally Posted by slovak84 View Post
    Thank you, helped a lot :-)

The calories are also a wonder to me but I'll try to use some online tables for that.

Are you saying you're on keto constantly?
    Should i do whole body workout + cardio (some fast walking) 3-4 days a week then?
    I just started back on keto , its been 3 weeks. its honestly the only diet that works for me mentally. But each person is different, I have a friend who doesnt like keto. Theres no perfect diet. I do have a carb up day every 10-14 days. The carb up is something you will have to find out what works for you, everyone is different. some can go mad crazy others cant. Id say you should be modest with your carb up since you arent as lean as some on here.

Yeah I would try a full body workout and do fast walking for your cardio, just keep challenging yourself each time you workout, whether its an extra rep or upping the weight

You will be weak the first week (sometimes 2 for some people).

Im not sure if you are into supplements but because I lift so heavy I use a pre workout mix: gaspari super pump. Some on the forum are using other stuff. It reaaly helps me to do my cardio. But like I said listen to your body, if you dont need it, dont bother.

The calories can be tricky, online tables to me are way off, some of the cals they say I should be eating theres no way id be able to cut, id gain a buncha fat lol . My body is weird (lol) so If im at a certain bf% I generally have to go lower then most would agree, but once I get down I can go higher with cals its weird.

Why dont you start with 2500 cals see how you feel, re evaluate after 2 weeks. if you need to cut down on cals DO NOT cut off the protein, cut down on the fat cals. Never never ever cut your protein, you need that to spare your muscles. And dont cut drastically, sometimes people only need to shave off 100 cals or 200. you dont want to go to low in the beginning because say youre mid way to your overall goal, and your cals are already too low and your busting your ass with cardio you cant go much lower when you plateau. (and plateauing is natural) so I say dont start screwing with things until you stop dropping weight. Just constantly evaluate and go from there.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by AnyaBailey; 03-11-2010 at 07:53 AM.

re carbup

I would suggest you trying this initially as your carb up.

2 weeks of keto straight, then I usually pick the sunday where I flip my macros so instead of 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs. I flip to 60% carbs, 5 % fat. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR PROTEIN THE SAME.

my carbs are fairly lean, like wheat stuff, oatmeal etc. once in awhile ill have something 'yummy' but I only keep that at one meal.

I generally only have 240 carbs that day so about 40 grams per meal very minimal sugar (again carbs have always been not great for me).

carb ups are tricky because some people get real fancy with them, some can go on a carb feast etc.

but the above is what works for me right now.

Isn't 5% of carbs too much??? It's like 125cals from around 2500cals a day!

I would suggest you trying this initially as your carb up.

2 weeks of keto straight, then I usually pick the sunday where I flip my macros so instead of 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs. I flip to 60% carbs, 5 % fat. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR PROTEIN THE SAME.

my carbs are fairly lean, like wheat stuff, oatmeal etc. once in awhile ill have something 'yummy' but I only keep that at one meal.

I generally only have 240 carbs that day so about 40 grams per meal very minimal sugar (again carbs have always been not great for me).

carb ups are tricky because some people get real fancy with them, some can go on a carb feast etc.

but the above is what works for me right now.

Isn't 5% of carbs too much??? It's like 125cals from around 2500cals a day!

You need to stop asking people very simple questions and DO some reading of your own. This site is full of knowledge and its FREE Especially if you plan on doing a diet that you really don't know much about.

I don't mind helping but I'm not going to hold your hand, especially if you don't know what difference is between calories and grams.

there are 4 calories in one GRAM of carbs. You carb macros would be around 31 grams a day.

http://www.annecollins.com/dieting/c...-fat-carbs.htm

Goodluck
    Last edited by AnyaBailey; 03-12-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Yeah, I just noticed how stupid I was.. Of course I know that, but it didn't cross my mind when I was "counting that".. Now I know the macros for meal per 6 day servings. I'll try to copy your daily food and adjust :-)

You need to stop asking people very simple questions and DO some reading of your own. This site is full of knowledge and its FREE Especially if you plan on doing a diet that you really don't know much about.

I don't mind helping but I'm not going to hold your hand, especially if you don't know what difference is between calories and grams.

there are 4 calories in one GRAM of carbs. You carb macros would be around 31 grams a day.

Goodluck

Yeah, I just noticed how stupid I was.. Of course I know that, but it didn't cross my mind when I was "counting that".. Now I know the macros for meal per 6 day servings. I'll try to copy your daily food and adjust :-)
    yeah try it out, this is all constantly monitoring obsessing and trial and error lol. thats what it takes if you want to look better then avg.

theres also some good basic keto articles on this website (if you do a search under supersite).

Hope I didnt sound like a dick, It tends to come out that way when Im online (since Im blunt)

Finally, I kicked my ass to go to gym :-) That's a good thing. I haven't started Keto yet.

I've found out I need to learn to cook first!

I am heading for 2000kcal a day.

morning: 3 whole hard boiled eggs with 2 strips of bacon
    ..workout..
    post-work out whey shake (1 scoop)
    lunch:Fish pangasius, some leafy veggies
    later-pm: beef steak, leafy veggies
    snack: peanut butter, almonds

If I spread the grams between these meals accordingly, will it do ?

bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bxxpeace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Finally, I kicked my ass to go to gym :-) That's a good thing. I haven't started Keto yet.

I've found out I need to learn to cook first!

I am heading for 2000kcal a day.

morning: 3 whole hard boiled eggs with 2 strips of bacon
    ..workout..
    post-work out whey shake (1 scoop)
    lunch:Fish pangasius, some leafy veggies
    later-pm: beef steak, leafy veggies
    snack: peanut butter, almonds

If I spread the grams between these meals accordingly, will it do ?
    You'll want some variety....some people can eat the same thing each day, but check out the recipes section in the keto forum. Lots of good recipes...and start experimenting. The hardest part is getting started...the second hardest part is sticking with it. You'll see great results if you just jump headfirst into it.