Thread: HIIT on Keto

BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10)

HIIT on Keto

I've never seen so many mixed opinions on a topic since i went to the supplement wars page. I'm looking to get a cardio routine going and I've put together a workout similar to my old football conditioning program which at its core is a HIIT program...

Reading through this site some people swear by HIIT others swear in the absence of carbs and in periods of fasting doing it will do just short of killing you. Does ANYONE have some info they can share with me on this matter

thank you in advance
    Pain is nothing but weakness leaving the body

"everyone lives not everyone deserves to"-prudentius

"truth is sacred; and if you tell the truth too often nobody will believe it"-GK Chesterton

Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Schwartz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not an expert but I think it varies from person to person. Probably has to do with whether you do a carb up and if you do how much you can replenish your glycogen levels. Also would depend on your goals. Personally, I mix it up. For the cardio sessions in the middle of the week I will do low intensity for about 45-60mins. If its close to my carb up perdio (immediatley before/after) I will use HIIT, to the point of exhaustion. I think some people would be able to get away with doing HIIT constantly while others wouldn't. Just depends on your body. My advice would be to give it a shot and see how your body handles it. Then adjust accordingly.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agreed. Depends on the person. At the end of my depletion workout, I 'try' to do HIIT haha. If I can't even get through a minute, I know I'm done. I prefer to do LISS during the week, but for variety I'll throw in 1-2 SHORT HIIT sessions (as in 10 min tops after my workout). I will generally do that only if I know I have the next day off though...
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigVinnieBeere is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thank you all for the replies i'll prob give the HIIT a go for a week or two my body is weird and reacts well to exertion and if "smoothing out" is any indication of how my body replenishes glycogen i have NO problem in that category lol

thank you all for your advice
    Pain is nothing but weakness leaving the body

"everyone lives not everyone deserves to"-prudentius

"truth is sacred; and if you tell the truth too often nobody will believe it"-GK Chesterton