Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cory72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cory72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cory72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cory72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry not losing weight ?

i have been on keto for the past 7 weeks.i did lose about 10 lbs the first 2 weeks on keto but since then i haven't lost any weight.

i know my main reason for not losing weight is the lack of exercise or no exercise.i am about 80lbs over weight.i have little legs & arms.i carry most of my weight on the front of my body.i have been suffering with 2 crushed disks in my lower back for about 7 years.since then i have put alot of weight on as i carn't do alot of exercise.i have tried to lift weights but the day after i am laid up in bed with severe back pain.
    since doin the keto diet i have been unable to train at all due to the pain in my lower back.i realise that this is stopping me lose weight

is there away that i can adapped the diet so that i can again start losing the weight.i have been eating about 2000 cals per day.30 grams of carbs.

i didn't realise how unfit i was,i am.i am so unfit i find alot of the exercises hard to do.how can i start getting back into the training again.all i have is an bench,dumbbells,barbell & weights.

LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are 80lbs over weight, 2000 calories a day is a lot. I would say around 1200 would be a better number especially because of the inactivity.
    Last edited by LMG462; 11-03-2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: correction

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i know my main reason for not losing weight is the lack of exercise or no exercise
    /thread

Dude I'm about 120lbs over my desired weight, and some advice: Cardio is very very important. If you can't walk on a treadmill for thirty minutes chances are you can't do a meaningful workout either.

Your problem is a) diet, you're probably eating too much if you're not exercising. b) YOU'RE NOT EXERCISING.

YOU HAFTA HAFTA HAFTA EXERCISE. If you can't walk the treadmill you need to see a doctor.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    /thread

Dude I'm about 120lbs over my desired weight, and some advice: Cardio is very very important. If you can't walk on a treadmill for thirty minutes chances are you can't do a meaningful workout either.

Your problem is a) diet, you're probably eating too much if you're not exercising. b) YOU'RE NOT EXERCISING.

YOU HAFTA HAFTA HAFTA EXERCISE. If you can't walk the treadmill you need to see a doctor.
    Huh?

Says you're 200lbs. Do you mean you were 120lbs over your desired weight? If you lost 120lbs now you'd die.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    - Thomas Jefferson

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That picture and stats are from 3 years ago when I lost over 100lbs the second time....
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddersteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

That picture and stats are from 3 years ago when I lost over 100lbs the second time....
    Ahhhh.

Makes more sense now.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    - Thomas Jefferson

cory72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cory72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cory72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cory72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    /thread

have been to see the doc,they were going to inject my back with drugs but i didnt want that as there is a chance it might all go wrong.
    i have an appoinment to see the gastric band doc on the 17th november.
    i am type 2 diabetic too.my health is quight bad

and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Skelooth is right. YOU HAVE TO GET IN THE GYM AND DO SOMETHING! I understand you have circumstances that limit what you can do in the gym, but there are very low impact cardio machienes these days, like the eliptical, which is my personal favorite, and there is always the bike, both very good cardio, and both are very low impact. If you want to do this, you have to drop the excuses and just do it. With weights, chances are when you worked out the day you talked about, you did way too much. Everybody has to start somewhere. "Crawl before you walk" When I first started out at 372 lbs, I just did a basic workout, very simple, and 15 minutes of cardio on the eliptical or bike afterwards. Go light on yourself, and listen to your body...THIS IS KEY. Listen to your body. Push it, but also listen to it. Sounds complicated, but once you get going, you'll know what I mean. If you want to lose those 80 pounds, lose them in the form of body fat, sure some lean mass loss is inevitable, but you want to do your best to burn off fat not muscle. As far as diet, if your eating keto, eat only when hungry. Just listen to your body. Eat til satisfied, if your doing keto right, trust me it wont take much, appetite suppression is a huge plus to this way of eating. Let us know exactly what you want to accomplish and what youre willing to do to achieve it, because not to be a dick, but you have to get beyond those excuses. Where theres a will there is a way my friend.
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Online Coaching darr_fit@yahoo.com
    Like me on ********:https://www.********.com/darrfitness
    "The strongest steel is forged in the fires of h*ll"

and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cory72 View Post
    have been to see the doc,they were going to inject my back with drugs but i didnt want that as there is a chance it might all go wrong.
    My personal opinion of that gastric band crap is that it doesnt teach you any new habbits. You'll only get fat again once removed. I dont blame anyone who gets it, but cmon people, we've got to get up and take accountability. You can do this without that. Just takes a little will power, some determination, and persistance. That is it. Find those 3 things inside yourself and the fat is as good as gone.

shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that diabetics SHOULD NOT be on keto. I could be completely wrong but it's worth double checking. Also, if you really cannot exercise then you need to cut calories. Try going down to 1900 for a few days, then 1800, 1700, etc. Slow and steady should make the transition easier.

ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Diabetics are fine on Keto, but no carb up. My dad is a Type 2 Diabetic and has been on a low carb diet for years. He lost a lot of weight, plateaued out and is healthy as can be.

shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawkner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ryo1549 View Post
    Diabetics are fine on Keto, but no carb up. My dad is a Type 2 Diabetic and has been on a low carb diet for years. He lost a lot of weight, plateaued out and is healthy as can be.
    Just found this, maybe i'm missing something.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetic_ketoacidosis

Originally Posted by shawkner View Post
    I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that diabetics SHOULD NOT be on keto. I could be completely wrong but it's worth double checking. Also, if you really cannot exercise then you need to cut calories. Try going down to 1900 for a few days, then 1800, 1700, etc. Slow and steady should make the transition easier.
    going on a low card diet is the best for a diabetic like me who is a type 2.it has been proven to help low blood sugars & maintaine stable blood sugars.

Originally Posted by and1_balla52 View Post
    Skelooth is right. YOU HAVE TO GET IN THE GYM AND DO SOMETHING! I understand you have circumstances that limit what you can do in the gym, but there are very low impact cardio machienes these days, like the eliptical, which is my personal favorite, and there is always the bike, both very good cardio, and both are very low impact. If you want to do this, you have to drop the excuses and just do it. With weights, chances are when you worked out the day you talked about, you did way too much. Everybody has to start somewhere. "Crawl before you walk" When I first started out at 372 lbs, I just did a basic workout, very simple, and 15 minutes of cardio on the eliptical or bike afterwards. Go light on yourself, and listen to your body...THIS IS KEY. Listen to your body. Push it, but also listen to it. Sounds complicated, but once you get going, you'll know what I mean. If you want to lose those 80 pounds, lose them in the form of body fat, sure some lean mass loss is inevitable, but you want to do your best to burn off fat not muscle. As far as diet, if your eating keto, eat only when hungry. Just listen to your body. Eat til satisfied, if your doing keto right, trust me it wont take much, appetite suppression is a huge plus to this way of eating. Let us know exactly what you want to accomplish and what youre willing to do to achieve it, because not to be a dick, but you have to get beyond those excuses. Where theres a will there is a way my friend.
    i want to lose the weight & get fit again.i did once have a good body & was a natural bodybuilder.i did win a few local titles.i want to lose all the fat & get a toned body.what i have wrote about ib my post isnt an excuse.its real.when you carn't walk ten yards & have to stop for a break.

i want to lose the weight & get fit again.i did once have a good body & was a natural bodybuilder.i did win a few local titles.i want to lose all the fat & get a toned body.what i have wrote about ib my post isnt an excuse.its real.when you carn't walk ten yards & have to stop for a break.
    If you were a bodybuilder before and have won titles before, and let me say congratulations on your accomplishments, then you know what it takes. I understand your circumstances, but youve got to build on that ten yards and turn it into 11 yards. Then 11 yards to 12...youve got to build. I didnt go from 372 pounds to 257 overnight, I lost 5 pounds, then another 5, then that 10 turned to 20, and so on. You have to build on things my friends. Small things turn into big things when given time.

LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How about a stationary bike? No impact.

rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbdwarf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LMG462 View Post
    If you are 80lbs over weight, 2000 calories a day is a lot. I would say around 1200 would be a better number especially because of the inactivity.
    I don't see how being 80lbs overweight changes much. I'm currently about 100lbs over my desired weight and if I ate 1200 calories a day I would pass out from starvation. I'm currently losing 2-3lbs per week eating 2500 calories/day. Unless Cory is a 5' female 1200 calories is probably a little low.

Hey Cory, what are you? It might help a little to know

--
    Rob
    June 2007.........: 398 lbs
    July 07th 2008...: 297 lbs
    May 15th 2009...: 340 lbs (oops!)
    Sept 22nd 2009..: 284 lbs (back on track!)
    Dec 29 2009......: 250 lbs

Originally Posted by rbdwarf View Post
    I don't see how being 80lbs overweight changes much. I'm currently about 100lbs over my desired weight and if I ate 1200 calories a day I would pass out from starvation. I'm currently losing 2-3lbs per week eating 2500 calories/day. Unless Cory is a 5' female 1200 calories is probably a little low.

--
    Rob
    hey i am a female.

isnt 1200 cals a bit low ?

Originally Posted by rbdwarf View Post

--
    Rob
    I know she is a female, and I figured she was short as well for the amount of weight she wanted to lose. I also took in to account that she is not very active.

I know she is a female, and I figured she was short as well for the amount of weight she wanted to lose. I also took in to account that she is not very active.
    i am 5"8 tall is that short

i am 5"8 tall is that short
    My mistake, when I saw 176 on your profile, I thought that was your weight, not your posts.

mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mearsa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yh 1200 is on the low side, i am guessing it is far less than you have been eating.

I think even though you will probably be in ketosis you are eating too much.

what i would do is write down the calories and the grams of fat/carb/protein of everything you eat (can read it all from the back of the pack) and work out the daily calories. If you do that for 7 days then you know how much on average you are eating everyday.

now if you are not losing or gaining any weight in that time, then i would lower your calories by 500 for every day, so in total you are having 3500cals less than the previous week (again you need to keep a track of what you are eating and how much).

if you are losing weight with 500 less cals a day, stick with that until u are not losing any, then you can lower the cals again, obviously this cant continue forever but that is where cardio and weights can come in ( i realise you cant do much at the moment)

but the initial weightloss im sure you will get from lowering you cals and actually knowing your maintanance cals will make you feel better and more in control of things.

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Very poor advice.

Starving yourself will only lead to further metabolic slowdown and make the situation worse.

To the OP, you need to count your calories and see what you are eating. You can't wing it.

1800-2000 will be fine if you eat 5 small meals through the day and kepe tha cals lower.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

Originally Posted by CanuckTank View Post
    Very poor advice.

Starving yourself will only lead to further metabolic slowdown and make the situation worse.

To the OP, you need to count your calories and see what you are eating. You can't wing it.

1800-2000 will be fine if you eat 5 small meals through the day and kepe tha cals lower.
    I am probably too caloricly deprived to give any good advice, lol.

OP, I hope you find something that works.

MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lets see your calories and diet?
    Keto Diet:
    Start - June 13th - 198 lbs (~??% bf)
    November 06, 2009 - 168 lbs (14% bf)

Almost 4 weeks into Bulk:
    December 04, 2009 - 180 lbs @ 17%
    December 12, 2009 - 184 lbs

Originally Posted by MuZI View Post
    Lets see your calories and diet?
    i either eat 5 whole eggs for meal 1 or 80z meat.

lunch is a tin tuna with low cal mayo

dinner is either half a chicken or meat & green veg or salad.

bed 1 tbsp of coconut oil (to help with my diabetes)

thats what i tend to eat.sometime i don't eat lunch.

MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000)

is there away that i can adapped the diet so that i can again start losing the weight.i have been eating about 2000 cals per day.30 grams of carbs.

i didn't realise how unfit i was,i am.i am so unfit i find alot of the exercises hard to do.how can i start getting back into the training again.all i have is an bench,dumbbells,barbell & weights.
    i either eat 5 whole eggs for meal 1 or 80z meat.

lunch is a tin tuna with low cal mayo

dinner is either half a chicken or meat & green veg or salad.

bed 1 tbsp of coconut oil (to help with my diabetes)

thats what i tend to eat.sometime i don't eat lunch.
    ???
    Keto Diet:
    Start - June 13th - 198 lbs (~??% bf)
    November 06, 2009 - 168 lbs (14% bf)

Almost 4 weeks into Bulk:
    December 04, 2009 - 180 lbs @ 17%
    December 12, 2009 - 184 lbs

trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yea MuZI is right, your not even close to making any sense. You say you eat 2000 cals a day and quote a meal plan that barely makes 1000 cals and then sometimes skip lunch too. Your not losing weight and can't exercise because you are starving yourself. Your metabolism and energy levels are pretty much in the basement. You may want to start a new thread and get some details on a diet plan and calorie recommendations.

brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree with Muzi and trainerjyms. That is not even close to 2000 calories. I really think it would benefit you to sign up for a calorie count website, such as fitday.com Log everything you eat, and not"half" a chicken. Weigh it and log it as 10oz or chicken. Also i would say you need to eat more fats.

Originally Posted by trainerjyms View Post
    Yea MuZI is right, your not even close to making any sense. You say you eat 2000 cals a day and quote a meal plan that barely makes 1000 cals and then sometimes skip lunch too. Your not losing weight and can't exercise because you are starving yourself. Your metabolism and energy levels are pretty much in the basement. You may want to start a new thread and get some details on a diet plan and calorie recommendations.
    i thought i eat 2000 cals a day but looking at this i can see that i don't come near.

what cals should i be eating.i am afraid i might put weight on.

do i need to start a new thread ?