Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Lost 161lbs and counting Freddie Beef's Avatar
    Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Excuses are like a**holes

I am starting a journal in the O35 section, even tho I am not 35, mainly because I feel I will fit in better in here and have heard it is the best section anyway.

A little, well alot, about me. I have always been a fat a$$. I was born 30 years ago at 8lbs 4oz, butwas a fat baby, when I was 4, I was put into the NIH(national institute of health) for a month by my parents and doctors suggestion for weight loss, I lost 5 pounds in a month with only 100 calories a day given to me. I was 300 pounds by the time I was 14. I wasnt allowed fatty food, sugary snacks, kool aid, soda or any other kind of snack cakes or donuts growing up. I wa still fat. I joined weight watchers shortly I turned 14, I dropped 30 pounds, but by my senior year I was 357. I always worked out, ran around, I played sports since I was 14, I just got bigger and couldnt drop fat. I was strong as an ox, even benching 405 before i tore my rotator cuffs to hell. But I did get down to 177 poundswhen I was 22, on a weightgainer shake diet and lots of the good old ephedra filled hydroxycut. I dropped 180 pounds in 18 months. I then proceeded to be dumb with my finances and ended up losing my house, fiance and life I had at the time, I ate and drank and drank and drank(40 beers in a night was average) started popping pills(***** and pain pills). I was 330 pounds in 2003, by 2004 I was 400 pounds. In 2005 I sobered up when I woke up in my own vomit staring at my 3 month old son and wife. I quit cold turkey and dropped down to 370, but food became my addiction, replacing my old ones. I was 441 pounds in May of this year. I am now 410. I have a second son coming in a couple weeks, and even tho I am in outstanding shape for a man my size, and have no medical problems associated with bieng this big, it is only a matter of time before I croak. I had gotten seriously ill in June of this year and pretty much quit lifting, nagging injuries didnt help either. I am now employed, ready to start back and finish this wieght loss. I have made lifestyle changes needed to succeed, it is time to speed up the pace a bit. So here is my journal.

Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freddie Beef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Todays workout

I do a deck of cards workout 3x a week. I do sissy pushups(400 pound regular pushups are tough), situps, bodyweight squats with a calf raise at the end of each rep and pulldowns with 250 pounds as I cant do pullups. Aces count as 1 rep and jokers are the value of the previously flipped card, I take no rest duting it, I just keep on going till the deck is done. I am going to be adding a 2nd deck into the workout over the next few weeks.

AM CARDIO: 40 minute walk

Deck of cards:30 minutes
    79 pushups
    76 situps
    96 squats w/ calf raises
    88 250lb pulldowns

2,583 calories for the day.

Tomorrow is 2 cardio sessions, plus my first day at work.
    Last edited by toobigfred; 09-28-2009 at 06:48 PM.
    Strong and Brave, to the grave

...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Hi Fred! In and subbed. The O35 journal section will be a good fit for you, besides you're almost old enough to qualify anyway...

Originally Posted by ...Kennedy View Post
    Hi Fred! In and subbed. The O35 journal section will be a good fit for you, besides you're almost old enough to qualify anyway...
    This is true and thanks.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Welcome Fred!!!!!! Let's get rollin'
    David

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Welcome Fred!!!!!! Let's get rollin'
    Thanks. It is time indeed.

I was gonna do my deck of cards workout, and still might evne tho it is 9:12pm here. I was busier than hell and really didnt eat today and am pretty tired. But if I dont do it tonite I will definitly do it tomorrow morning. I am gonna switch my walking to at night and my workout in the morning, it is hard to muster it in in he afternoon, I am trying to set myself up with a succesful workout times. I did do 40 minutes of walking today and my forearm roller. I want my forearms 17" again.

...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ...Kennedy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you going to get back into the big compound lifts again eventually?

Are you going to get back into the big compound lifts again eventually?
    Yes, hopefully in November if not sooner. I want to get a decent protein powder adn multi and have plenty of chicken on hand to support my heavier lifts and volume while cutting. My goals are for starters:

Bench to get back up to 315, it is in the 290's right now
    Squat 356
    front squat 315
    dead 450

if I get close I will be happy. I do not knwo how much strength I ahve lost not lifting and eating, but I hope it comes back in a few months of good diet and lifting.

Originally Posted by toobigfred View Post
    Yes, hopefully in November if not sooner. I want to get a decent protein powder adn multi and have plenty of chicken on hand to support my heavier lifts and volume while cutting. My goals are for starters:

Squat 356
    front squat 315
    dead 450

if I get close I will be happy. I do not knwo how much strength I ahve lost not lifting and eating, but I hope it comes back in a few months of good diet and lifting.
    They are all good lifts, but the bench is monstrous.

Well, here's to hoping things straighten out enough in your life that you can hit the weights sooner than November. Although, now that I think about it, tomorrow is October already, so that's not that far away anymore...

They are all good lifts, but the bench is monstrous.

Well, here's to hoping things straighten out enough in your life that you can hit the weights sooner than November. Although, now that I think about it, tomorrow is October already, so that's not that far away anymore...
    hard to believe. I hope to be in a steady routine by my birthday in november, by then I should have work, preschool, and newborn schedules semi organized, all I need is a sleep pattern.......yikes

I am also gonna rejoin the gym down the street it will help to get out of the house sometimes to lift. And I cant do heavy deads in a second floor apartment

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Squat 356
    front squat 315
    dead 450

Here's to muscle memory Fred! Those are some good goals.
    David

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Hey Fred, good luck on achieving your fitness goals friend! Your strength will be soaring on it's way back up in no time just stick to working hard, stay dedicated, stay focused and hope this journal and the good subscribers to it hold you accountable and keep you motivated.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Here's to muscle memory Fred! Those are some good goals.
    Thanks. All thos numbers were pre illness lifts so I am sure I willget back there

Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Hey Fred, good luck on achieving your fitness goals friend! Your strength will be soaring on it's way back up in no time just stick to working hard, stay dedicated, stay focused and this journal and the good subscribers to it should hold you accountable and keep you motivated.
    Thanks Stroke!! I am on the road to success. It will just take a couple months to get up to speed.

Bump. Hope all went well with you today, Fred.

Bump. Hope all went well with you today, Fred.
    yes, so far. I am gonna be working out in a little bit. I have an itch for some weightlifting. We will see what I do here in about an hour.

(from Fred)

yesterday I did some sets of benches.

115x10
    165x5
    215x1
    265x1
    325x1(very easy)

I thought it was 315 but it was 325. It was easy too. I was mindblown. I figured it would have gotten stuck on me. I havent benched in over a month really heavy. I will see what my squats and deads are tomorrow now that my curiosity has been awakened about my strength levels. I eat 1000 calories a day, and maybe 30g of protien a day.

(from Fred)

I am heading off to work, and I just got done farting around with some squats. If youcould, post this in my journal for me.

115x3
    165x1
    215x1
    265x1
    315x1
    350x1

I could have gotten 365 very easy. I am curious as to how I am still so strong with no working out. I did find out tho that my grandpa could deadlift cars when he was in the army. ANd he didnt work out. So there is stong dudes on both my moms and dads sides of the family.

Thanks Ken for posting these for me.

I am gonna try out my deads tuesday, but I am still not going to do a solid routine till I get more money coming in, but cardio and the deck of cards workout will still be my staple.

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck with your goals Fred!
    Genshai

Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    Good luck with your goals Fred!
    thank you so much

That was a good test of your current squat strength, Fred.

A couple of cycles of that and deads and presses and you'll be back to powerhouse status in no time.

That was a good test of your current squat strength, Fred.

A couple of cycles of that and deads and presses and you'll be back to powerhouse status in no time.
    I hope so. I was really freaked out about having my calories low ans losing strength and so now it seems it isnt a factor. I am not sure about deads tho. I dunno what I would pull. I am gonna try 350. but I had to work HARD To get my deads over 415. I have really short legs and a very long torso, it seems like i would be able to do more but I have a hard time doing heavier weights.

Well, Tuesday isn't that far away, if you get leg DOMS something fierce, that is going to affect your dead test.

You know my view on things. Family and job are most important, after that, then lifting, then diet. Imagine how much easier it will be to work on your diet after 8 - 12 weeks of powerlifting again. You'll have more muscle to help burn fuel.

Well, Tuesday isn't that far away, if you get leg DOMS something fierce, that is going to affect your dead test.

You know my view on things. Family and job are most important, after that, then lifting, then diet. Imagine how much easier it will be to work on your diet after 8 - 12 weeks of powerlifting again. You'll have more muscle to help burn fuel.
    this is true. I like that philosophy. I wont have any doms from my squats today. I only get sore if I do excessive reps. Two thumbs up for me.

this is true. I like that philosophy. I wont have any doms from my squats today. I only get sore if I do excessive reps. Two thumbs up for me.
    In that case Tuesday will be another step in the right direction.

I can only speak for myself, but building up to heavy weights (relatively speaking) has had a profoundly positive effect on my attitude towards life in general.

Without going into details, you've been beaten around by life a little here lately... this job can be step one on the road to regaining yourself, consistent and heavy weight training will be step two.

In that case Tuesday will be another step in the right direction.

I can only speak for myself, but building up to heavy weights (relatively speaking) has had a profoundly positive effect on my attitude towards life in general.

Without going into details, you've been beaten around by life a little here lately... this job can be step one on the road to regaining yourself, consistent and heavy weight training will be step two.
    I will readily agree with you. I have never been so beat down mentally like this in my whole life. I feel like I have been given a rope and am pulling myself out of a pit. A feeling of relief, elation, and urgency. I know what needs to be done and now that this job is prety secure and a second one could be right around the corner. I am regaining a litle bit of me that had been lost.

It will come back, Fred. This journal will help.

There's some positive mojo goin' on in here! Glad to hear you've got things pushing in the right direction Fred!

(that eyeball freaks me out though LOL)
    David

It will come back, Fred. This journal will help.
    One reason I wanted to start a journal again, was, now that I wll be working one or 2 jobs, have newborn, and a preschooler, and I will still find time to do what needs to be done to get my big ass back into shape. Hence the title, I want anyone who is struggling to see that there is no reason that one cant do it.