chief714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question for the Trainers

I'm somewhat of a new trainer,

I have a client that is a 32yr Female whose Calorie intake is maintained at about 1400 calories per day. She weighs 187lbs & stuck there.

for the first 6 weeks she only worked out with me 2x's a week. Tuesday & Thursday. I had her doing Box jumps, push ups, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, mil. press, body weight squats, sit ups, oblique crunches, 5 minutes HIIT Jump rope and she was pushin about 4 100 yard sprints on Thursdays.

Recently she's pushed to 3x's a week with me. (adding Saturday). I've gotten her into a local gym and we work upper body, tuesdays.
    Jumping Jack/push ups = 10 jumping jacks/10 push ups, 9 jumping jacks/9 push ups. All the way to 1.
    Bicep curls with lunge 3x10
    tricep kickback
    Mil. press on swiss ball
    30x box jump straight
    bench press at 70% of max
    cable rows (70%)
    sit ups & obliques

Thursday
    Quad Stalls= hold squat for 20 sec. Jump once. hold squat for 20 sec. jump twice. all the way to five.
    box jumps
    squats at 70%
    hamstring curls on swiss ball.
    hip abd 70%
    hip add 70%
    hamstrings on machine (70%)

Saturdays
    jumping jack pushups
    quad stalls
    box jumps to 30
    hamstring swiss ball
    8 100 yard sprints
    5min HIIT jump rope

problem... she's stuck at the current weight and BF% over the last 4 weeks.
    on the days she isn't training with me, she's doing pilate's and 30 minutes of cardio.

Any thoughts? i'm getting a little frustrated

Makes the boys blush. LittleCharlie's Avatar
    LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chief714 View Post
    Personally I started losing weight when I put in big, compound lifts. Squats, deadlifts, cleans, upright rows etc.

Have you thought about doing a more traditional weight lifting program with her? Any reason for so many jumpy things?

Also get her to completely change her diet up for a few weeks. Eat a little more, even. Replace all her carbs with a couple of kg of green veggies or something mental, ala fighterdiet.com. To get past plateus you have to do something drastic sometimes.

flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LittleCharlie View Post
    Personally I started losing weight when I put in big, compound lifts. Squats, deadlifts, cleans, upright rows etc.

Have you thought about doing a more traditional weight lifting program with her? Any reason for so many jumpy things?

Also get her to completely change her diet up for a few weeks. Eat a little more, even. Replace all her carbs with a couple of kg of green veggies or something mental, ala fighterdiet.com. To get past plateus you have to do something drastic sometimes.
    Better not do too many more of those lifts charlie you might blow away.

MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I have a client that is a 32yr Female whose Calorie intake is maintained at about 1400 calories per day. She weighs 187lbs & stuck there.

for the first 6 weeks she only worked out with me 2x's a week. Tuesday & Thursday. I had her doing Box jumps, push ups, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, mil. press, body weight squats, sit ups, oblique crunches, 5 minutes HIIT Jump rope and she was pushin about 4 100 yard sprints on Thursdays.

Recently she's pushed to 3x's a week with me. (adding Saturday). I've gotten her into a local gym and we work upper body, tuesdays.
    Jumping Jack/push ups = 10 jumping jacks/10 push ups, 9 jumping jacks/9 push ups. All the way to 1.
    tricep kickback
    Mil. press on swiss ball
    30x box jump straight
    cable rows (70%)
    sit ups & obliques

Thursday
    Quad Stalls= hold squat for 20 sec. Jump once. hold squat for 20 sec. jump twice. all the way to five.
    box jumps
    squats at 70%
    hip abd 70%
    hip add 70%

Saturdays
    jumping jack pushups
    quad stalls
    box jumps to 30
    hamstring swiss ball
    8 100 yard sprints
    5min HIIT jump rope

on the days she isn't training with me, she's doing pilate's and 30 minutes of cardio.

It's her Diet. How long has she been eating 1400 cals a day for?
    Mastering Yourself Makes You Fearless

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here is a sample of part of a program I would use in your situation.

Workout A: Perform 5 sets of 10-15 reps per exercise. Rest 15 seconds between exercises. Rest 90 - 120 seconds between sets.

1) Alternating 1 Arm DB Deadlifts

2) Crossover Lateral Bench Step ups ( Holding DB`s)(Week 1 = 20 reps, Week 2 = 30 reps, Week 3 = 40 reps)

3) SeeSaw Incline DB Bench Press

4) Floor Pull Up/Bicycle Crunch Combo (ie: perform 3 pull ups followed by 10 Bicycles. 5 times through = 1 set)

5) Alternating Forward-Reverse Lunge Combo ( Holding Medicine Ball Overhead)

Utilize full body /Combonation/Compound lifts to burn as many calories as possible in the time you have.

BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How intense is her cardio? She might be working too hard. I know some people swear by HIIT, and some people swear by staying below AT for most of their cardio. For me personally and most of my clients, I have seen far better results with the moderate intensity, below AT cardio for 30 minutes immediately following a strength training/plyo workout.

If you have any questions, google anaerobic threshold...it could be why we see 350lb. people sweating their asses off and never losing a lb.

chief714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    It's her Diet. How long has she been eating 1400 cals a day for?
    somewhere around a year

Professional Powerhouse TheChest's Avatar
    TheChest is just really nice. (+1000) TheChest is just really nice. (+1000) TheChest is just really nice. (+1000) TheChest is just really nice. (+1000) TheChest is just really nice. (+1000) TheChest is just really nice. (+1000) TheChest is just really nice. (+1000) TheChest is just really nice. (+1000) TheChest is just really nice. (+1000) TheChest is just really nice. (+1000) TheChest is just really nice. (+1000)
    In my opinion, it seems as though you're incorporating a lot of cardio into your training sessions. This is good, however, I've found with a few of my clients, they've seen some decent success doing a little bit more lifting and adding a little bit more muscle mass. For every 1 lb of muscle, you're going to theoretically burn 50 cals/day @ rest. The more muscle on the body, the more calories burned. The more calories burned, the more body fat burned. I realize that she probably doesn't want to bulk up, but there's a big difference between lifting to put on mass and lifting to add lean, hard muscle mass. 10 lbs of muscles is a heck of a lot smaller and more compact than 10 lbs of fat. Adding more muscle to the body will not only help her shed body fat, but it will also tighten and tone her up. Compound lifts are huge for both adding muscle and burning calories. I'd suggest redesigning her workout program a little but and gear it more towards adding muscle.
    AKA TheBack.

taylorf16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body adjusted

Whenever I hit a plateau I eat like crap for 4 days and don't workout. Your body will adjust to that, then on the 5th day, back to healthy and hit the gym strong. the first day or 2 is a little tough, but your body just drops the fat and you're good.
    At 140 calories per day, her body has adjusted to utilizing only that amount for energy and storing everything she can. That's why she isn't losing weight.
    Allow her 4 days to throw her body off. 2500 calories should be alright, then get back into it.

sissy_squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissy_squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissy_squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

tricep kickback
    Mil. press on swiss ball
    30x box jump straight
    cable rows (70%)
    sit ups & obliques

Thursday
    box jumps
    squats at 70%
    hip abd 70%
    hip add 70%

Saturdays
    jumping jack pushups
    quad stalls
    box jumps to 30
    hamstring swiss ball
    8 100 yard sprints
    5min HIIT jump rope

Quite obvious she's under eating. She should be eating closer to 1800 calories per day.

She should also be zig zagging her calories: days she's not training less, days she is training, more.

Makes the boys blush. LittleCharlie's Avatar
    LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by flexapeal View Post
    Better not do too many more of those lifts charlie you might blow away.
    Or fit into my weight class for competition. ;-)

Ok.
    I'm going to switch up her diet for her. Bump her to 1800 cal.

I'll redesign her regimen with more compound exercises and keep the sprints.

Anything else?

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If she's trying to lose weight, why are you splitting up her workouts by body part? I'd also get rid of the curls and tricep extensions. Isolation has no other purpose other than to make that particular muscle grow. Give her a circuit comprised of major compound lifts.

Squats
    push ups
    bent over row

or

lunges
    band pull ups or jumping pull ups
    standing overhead press

you can add a fourth exercise that's a bit cardio-ish to get her heart rate up like box jumps or jumping jacks for time, eg 45 seconds or something.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.