BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face 5-Day to 3-Day Routine. Thoughts?

I was doing each body part per day, with cardio every other day and one day with a burnout of cardio.

It looked something like this:
    -Monday-Cardio
    -Tuesday-Shoulders
    -Wednesday-Legs
    -Thursday-Back
    -Friday-Chest
    -Saturday-Arms
    -Sunday-Rest

This routine was all done at home, but I recently gave into buying a gym membership so I could use more equipment because you can only do so much at home.

Now I'm at a 3-Day Split and currently it is this:
    -Monday-Rest
    -Tuesday-Cardio
    -Wednesday-Shoulders/Arms(in that order)
    -Thursday-Cardio
    -Friday-Chest/Core(I do core about 3 time a week but this day it has more of a focus on it)
    -Saturday-Cardio
    -Sunday-Legs/Back

Currently, it's been working pretty well. I warm up on the treadmill or bike for a half on hour to get blood moving and then hit the weights. Haven't felt like I've been overtraining or undertraining. The soreness doesn't carry over where it effects my next session.

Reasons for the awkward groupings though:
    -The shoulders and arms routine may seem like I'm over training my triceps but it hasn't. If anything, my shoulder routine warms them up after I do my biceps.
    -Chest and Core routine is pretty standard.
    -Legs and then back is pretty different I know. With some research I found out that with the build up of acids from your legs(quads), it's beneficial for the growth of other muscles you work out that day after you do your leg routine. You do have to stretch to release the acids, but you should do this anyway after your workout. And with the back being a harder section to grow, I decided to group the two.

My supplementation:
    -I only take my whey post workout when lifting and before bed on cardio days. Right now I'm using ON's Pro-Complex since it was on sale. I really dig the complex protein grouping and the added BCAAs. I will purchase this again for sure. I get the rest of my protein from food.
    -I also take my multivitamins and fishoil everyday.
    -I have looked into other supplements but I rather have the results come from my workout and not the supplements. Some have peeked my interest though. Maybe creatine and a intra-workout drink I can use for both the gym and my cardio days. I heard Xtend worked well for both.

Other notes:
    -I lost over 110 pounds and I'm dedicated with my nutrition and exercise habits. I've been serious the past two and a half years.
    -I'm not into becoming a bodybuilder but defiantly want to have a larger(healthier lol) physique.

Your thoughts on my workout routine and supplement use?
    Serious comments too.

Repps will be given if you share some of your knowledge with me.
    Thanks

BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BareMyTeeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And I should have typed my physical stats as well.

Height-6'4''
    Weight-188
    BF-14%

Sorry.

XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    3day routine is good if your beginner, maybe 4 day if your intermediate?

Is your goal losing fat or building muscle ??

Originally Posted by XxDecayxX View Post
    3day routine is good if your beginner, maybe 4 day if your intermediate?

Is your goal losing fat or building muscle ??
    I'm not doing a 3-day split because I'm a beginner. I needed a split so I could rest more because 5 straight days ruined my performance. I don't think a fourth day wouldn't do much because I'm getting all the variable exercises I need for each muscle group. And my goal is to fill out my size more with dropping bodyfat. Maybe you should have read. Not trying to come off as an a**hole.

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BareMyTeeth View Post
    -Legs and then back is pretty different I know. With some research I found out that with the build up of acids from your legs(quads), it's beneficial for the growth of other muscles you work out that day after you do your leg routine. You do have to stretch to release the acids, but you should do this anyway after your workout. And with the back being a harder section to grow, I decided to group the two.
    dont group legs and back together on a body part split. they are the most demanding exercises. one will suffer

Originally Posted by james0566 View Post
    dont group legs and back together on a body part split. they are the most demanding exercises. one will suffer
    Any other information with that reply?