Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile The Final Cut ~Ouchburns~ Log

So Ive been all over this board for the better part of a year and a half and have made alot of progress using the Ketogenic lifestyle change.

I began my journey on November 11, 2006 at a weight of 320lbs and have managed to drop down to a weight of 215lbs as of Friday (before my dirty, dirty carb up). The scale this morning read 220lbs which I know is mostly water.

Ive finally decided to start a log because Im ready to get SUPER serious about my nutriton and training. As of last week I hadnt done a minuite cardio to lose any of my weight, it has all been with weight training, combining high rep, low weight training for fat burning and low rep, high weight for strength building. I started adding in HIIT cardio into my routine and I feel that it is really going to put my body into fat burning mode.

My goal isnt really a set weight, its to get to where I feel happy with my bodies size and shape, so this log may include a cutting phase and a bulking phase along with an additional cut(so it may not be the final cut) :P

Let me lay out my body stats, diet and workout routine for everyone who wishes to know.

Male
    Age 24
    6' tall
    215lbs
    approx body fat is tough to tell because of loose droppy skin (gross!) but I would say anywhere from 15-20%

I will now list my daily routine of eating/training. Just as a sidenote, Iam a believer of eating foods as raw as possible, therefore you will see quite a few raw eggs in my diet and the occasional raw steak.

Wake up 6:30am:
    -1 scoop progressive vege greens 3g carbs
    -15 minutes HIIT cardio

Meal One 7:00am:

Raw egg shake consisting of 3 whole raw XL eggs, 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 4 drops stevia extract, 1 tsp fish oil and 1/2 scoop of protein powder.
    -1 Progressive MV

400 Calories

Meal Two 10:00am:

Ground beef patty with 30g cheddar cheese 1 cup of steamed broccoli

500 Calories

Meal Three 1:00pm

60 grams of cheddar cheese, 15 pecan halves.
    -1 progressive MV
    400 Calories

Meal Four 4:00pm

Raw egg shake consisting of 3 whole raw XL eggs, 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 4 drops stevia extract, 1 tsp fish oil and 1/2 scoop of protein powder.

400 Calories

Workout 5:15pm - 6:00pm Chest/Triceps/Shoulders/Abs

Meal Five 7:00pm:

Raw egg shake consisting of 3 whole raw XL eggs, 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 4 drops stevia extract, 1 tsp fish oil and 1/2 scoop of protein powder. 1 cup of steamed broccoli

400 Calories

Meal Six 10:00pm

3 tbsp Natty Peanut butter

300 Calories 3g carbs.

Total Caloric intake for the day = 2400

I do a two day split for my weight routine doing chest/tri/shoulder/abs Mondays and Thursdays and Legs/Back/Bi's Tuesdays and Fridays, resting on Wednesdays. HIIT is done everday of the week except Sundays.

I would also like to add that I drink quite abit of water (4L) and matcha green tea as well as about one large black coffee per day.

Thank you for visiting my log, I will post up my pics, progress as well as my trials and tribulations.
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

"Eat, Train, Rinse, Repeat"

"There is no treatment or drug which can overcome or negate the effects of a poor diet, inadequate nutrition, lack of exercise, and an unhealthy lifestyle." David Getoff

Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Haha, so off to a rough start today, slept through my alarm which made me miss my HIIT session this morning, I will try to get it in tonight to help make up for it though. Trained my Legs, Chest and Tri's last night but some how totally forgot about shoulders (very unlike me), I guess Im still getting used to a 2 day split workout, I used to do a full body workout 3x a week.

Meals today so far Include:

Meal One 8am:

Progressive Vege Greens
    Raw Egg Shake 400 Cals 1.5g Carbs
    Progressive MV

Meal Two 11am:

Egg Casserole 375 Cals no carbs

Meal Three 2pm:

Beef Patty with Cheese 500 Cals no carbs

Meal Four 5pm:

2 Cans of Tuna 1.5 tbsp mayo 400 Cals no carbs

Meal Five 8pm
    Last edited by Ouchburns; 07-15-2008 at 01:51 PM.
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

"There is no treatment or drug which can overcome or negate the effects of a poor diet, inadequate nutrition, lack of exercise, and an unhealthy lifestyle." David Getoff

Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    get back to this log and keep going
    giving up wont speed it up

lol, thanks man, Ive never really been able to keep a log going because noone responds, however, I have kept going inspite of not logging my progress. Ive been doing a raw PSMF with alternating raw fat/carb loading weekends. My body weight is down to 200lbs and my lifts keep going up, so I feel that Iam making good progress. The loose skin is still an issue and Ive been thinking about trying coconut oil to help firm the skin.

p.s. thanks for the push Jx
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jxstatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ouchburns View Post
    lol, thanks man, Ive never really been able to keep a log going because noone responds, however, I have kept going inspite of not logging my progress. Ive been doing a raw PSMF with alternating raw fat/carb loading weekends. My body weight is down to 200lbs and my lifts keep going up, so I feel that Iam making good progress. The loose skin is still an issue and Ive been thinking about trying coconut oil to help firm the skin.

p.s. thanks for the push Jx
    you bet man, thanks for the update.
    giving up wont speed it up

Continuing with my PSMF:

200.4lbs this morning

Woke up, drank 250ml of celery/parsley juice and Iam about to eat 12 ounces of top sirloin steak with the fat trimmed. Dinner will be the same. Tomorrow will be the raw buffet of milk, eggs, cream, fruit, cheese curd and about 8 ounces of steak.
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Finally hit the 190's on Sunday morning! 199.4lbs I cant remember the last time I saw the 190's! Did a little happy dance and started my fat loading stage and fruit buffet!

This moring I was 204, which was expected after all the fruit, milk and eggs I put back, not to mention mandarin buffet for dinner as a victory dinner (was something I was planning on doing once I hit the 190's). Still loading raw fruits and fats for 1/2 the day today and then back to the PSMF for the next 2 weeks! Hopefull see 195-196 by the end of that cycle.

Today is push day in the gym (chest, shoulders, triceps), meaning Im doing all push type exercises.
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Just finished my fat/fruit loading phase. Im feeling very energetic and feel that I should hit some new PB's in the gym tonight. Post workout I will be eating 12oz of top sirloin steak and getting back onto the PSMF for the next 12-14 days.
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Weight is the same today, Im still fairly saturated with Glycogen and retaining some water but I feel very energetic! This could be due to the recent saturation of raw carb sources or it could be due to the fact that Ive been getting a minimum of 9 hours of sleep a night.

Wake up I drank 250ml of parsley/Celery juice and I just ate 12oz of top sirloin steak, let the PSMF continue!

Last night I did my triples push routine (chest, shoulders, triceps) incorporating alot of compound type exercises. My muscles very very full during the workout and my lifts were good. Post workout I ate 6oz of top sirloin steak and did 1.5 hours of LISS, walking my dog. After the LISS I ate another 6oz of top sirloin steak.

I was in bed by 9pm, sleeping by 10pm and up at 6:45am, I took my dog for a short walking and headed to work.

Tonight I will be doing my pull routine which consists of deadlifts with trap bar, lat pull downs, curls using the big easy bar, rear delt raises and upright rows. I will be eating 12oz of top sirloin steak PWO.
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) em.pyre has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    good job man
    people like you motivate me.
    im soon to start dieting.
    E M P Y R E
    So-Cal!

Originally Posted by em.pyre View Post
    good job man
    people like you motivate me.
    im soon to start dieting.
    Thanks for the props man, comments like that keep me going

Last night I did my pull routine (legs, back, biceps) minus the deadlifts because I decided to go workout with my Dad at his gym and they did not have a trap bar. I was kind of out of my element so my workout was mediocre. Post workout I ate 12oz of top sirloin like usual and proceeded to start my liss by taking my dog to the dog park for 30 min (I walk fast) and walking him around the university campus for 1 hour (lots of good scenary if you catch my drift)

I was in bed last night by 930 and watched an episode of dexter till 10:30 and dont remember much after that except for my pooch waking me up every 2 hours! As a result I felt a little tired this morning. Not sure if it was the restless night or the fact that Iam back on to the PSMF.

Today is my day off at the gym but I will most likely still do 1-2 hours of LISS tonight with my dog. Same meal plan today as well, I started my day with 500ml of celery/parsley juice and will eat 12oz top sirloin at about 11am and another 12oz of top sirloin at about 6pm, thats it!

p.s. Friday night I intend to go for a 400lb trap bar dead lift Thats double my body weight! I eventually want to do a triple body weight dead lift!
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Last night was my night off from the gym, I still did about 40 min of LISS though. Weight is still dropping and my celebration meal from hitting the 190's has almost dropped off. Was a little tired yesterday but I think that it was more mental then physical. I borrowed a book from a friend for some more raw recipes that contains alot of sauces to eat with raw meat. I also did some raw pickling using raw apple cider vinegar, mineral water and raw honey, cant wait to put some pickles back.

I was short on sleep last night which made getting out of bed a little bit tough. Im estimating only about 7 hours of interupted sleep, I should be getting 9 of uninterupted.

Tonight is push night but I think Im going to move it to this afternoon and do it on my lunch break. Im feeling pretty good so Im going to go pretty high intensity/reps with a few heavy sets mixed in.

Also I think that Iam going to put up some progress pics for anyone that is following my log to see how far I have come since I started my journey.
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Hope you don't mind if I follow along in here!

Good luck with your goals!

By the way, I hear ya on the pooch waking you up... whenever I'm at my parents' house and can sleep in our dog wakes me up every morning without fail. She knows I'm in my room (I sleep with the door closed) so she whines outside my bedroom door until I finally get up.

Originally Posted by beyondthesmile View Post
    Hi Hope you don't mind if I follow along in here!

Good luck with your goals!

By the way, I hear ya on the pooch waking you up... whenever I'm at my parents' house and can sleep in our dog wakes me up every morning without fail. She knows I'm in my room (I sleep with the door closed) so she whines outside my bedroom door until I finally get up.
    Sure follow along, I love the support! x1000000 on the pooch whining until you get up! He does it to me every morning!
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Decent workout yester doing my PUSH routine, got a good chest pump after doing some heavy bench and high rep fly's. My weight was 199 this morning, not too shabby. I also plan on doing a little raw pickling (cucumbers, jalapenos, garlic and maybe some peppers or asparugus).

Continuing the PSMF today, had a little raw cheese this morning and just finished a 12oz top sirloin. I will pop 2 raw eggs 30 min prior to my workout and 2 raw eggs post workout, wait 30 min and then eat 12oz of top sirloin. I pick up my raw milk and cream tonight and plan on making some raw butter and ice cream for the weekend, this may vary though.

Tonight is pull night (Legs, Back, Biceps, Rear Delts) all pull compound movements, and Im going for a PB for deadlifts 400lbx3, Im pretty sure I can do it.

lol, my log sucks today, its Friday, dont blame me, blame the day!
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Friday night was a good workout for sure! Although I didnt reach my PB of a 400lb dead lift I had a really good workout. Nutrition was good throughout the whole day. Saturday is rest and then back to PUSH on Sunday. Meals stay the same on off days.
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like you had a good day yesterday...don't worry, I'm sure you'll hit that PB soon

How did you come up with the name Ouchburns? LOL!

Sounds like you had a good day yesterday...don't worry, I'm sure you'll hit that PB soon

How did you come up with the name Ouchburns? LOL!
    lol, thanks man, I actually never really tried to hit my PB, I just did 335 for 3 in deadlifts and then decided to do some higher reps with lower weights and exhaust my back.

I used to game alot and Ouchburns was my gamertag so it is what I use for most forum login names I guess it kinda works with weightlifting too though eh?
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

lol, thanks man, I actually never really tried to hit my PB, I just did 335 for 3 in deadlifts and then decided to do some higher reps with lower weights and exhaust my back.

I used to game alot and Ouchburns was my gamertag so it is what I use for most forum login names I guess it kinda works with weightlifting too though eh?
    LOL, yes, it really does!

user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000) user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000) user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000) user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000) user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000) user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000) user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000) user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000) user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000) user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000) user234984u5345 is just really nice. (+1000)
    the pink floyd is strong in this one...

Originally Posted by Sissy Squat Scott View Post
    the pink floyd is strong in this one...

Please elaborate! Not quite sure what you mean by that?

Anyways, as for my log....!

The weekend went good and I felt pretty good, stayed clean (which is my tougest task on weekends).

I did my push workout yesterday which includes a triples routine of chest, shoulders and triceps, most of the exercises are compound exercises so most muscles are being worked indirectly

Chests ='ed Dips and 45 degree flys
    Shoulders ='ed side delt raises and overhead press
    Triceps ='ed behind the head tricep press and tricep pushdowns

I took very little rest, 15-20 seconds max inbetween each set but still did heavy lifting.

My weight was slightly up this morning due to a little water retention from my carb/fat loading phase. I took in my raw dairly galore last night (aka carb and fat loading phase) around 7pm which equaled a gallon of raw milk, a quart of heavy raw cream, 250ml raw butter milk, 4 tbsp raw honey, raw cocoa powder. Remember, everything is 100% raw unpasturised and full of live cultures, caloric content is not something that I really need to think about when I take these products in. The raw honey contains very little carbs because of the fact that it hasnt been heated, its 100% bee puke :P The Milk is 50% fat and the butter milk is product of me making butter out of a pint of my raw cream.

I was in bed lasy night by 8:30, asleep by 9 and up @ 7am. I drank 250ml of celery/parsley juice and now Im at work

Pull night tonight, Legs, back, biceps and Im going to start throwing in a core routine as I think Iam very close to my abs showing! 20lbs or so and they are there!
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

I was in bed lasy night by 8:30, asleep by 9 and up @ 7am. I drank 250ml of celery/parsley juice and now Im at work

Pull night tonight, Legs, back, biceps and Im going to start throwing in a core routine as I think Iam very close to my abs showing! 20lbs or so and they are there!
    Sounds like you slept really well!

Have a good workout tonight!

Did you go to school in Waterloo? My sister is heading up there this weekend...but she's going to London from there, lol.

Sounds like you slept really well!

Have a good workout tonight!

Did you go to school in Waterloo? My sister is heading up there this weekend...but she's going to London from there, lol.

Thanks for the workout boost!

I did go to school in Waterloo, but I was also born and raised here. Is you sister going to McMaster?
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Thanks for the workout boost!

I did go to school in Waterloo, but I was also born and raised here. Is you sister going to McMaster?
    Oh that's cool I've been to Waterloo a few times, but that was years ago. No, she's just heading up to London to visit some friends at Western for the weekend

Oh that's cool I've been to Waterloo a few times, but that was years ago. No, she's just heading up to London to visit some friends at Western for the weekend
    Do you live in Ontario?
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Do you live in Ontario?
    Yeah, I do...fellow Canuck here, lol

Yeah, I do...fellow Canuck here, lol
    Haha, good stuff man.

My workout tonight was good, started with dead lifts. Couple warm up sets and did 335 x 2 then dropped the weight down to 2 plates per side and did some high rep deads to get the blood flowing. I blasted my back pretty good tonight doing all sorts of pulldowns with high reps and low weights along with heavy reps.

Diet was good today too, back to 2x 12oz steaks per day along with my green juices and a couple coffees here and there to keep me sane

Tomorrow is a rest day but I will most likely being doing some LISS with my pooch. Its starting to cool off here so I want to get as much cadrio in outside as possible before the snow comes!

Going to watch an episode of dexter, pass out and do it all over again!

Night!
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Haha, good stuff man.
    LOL, I'm a girl

I don't know how you guys manage to eat so much steak! I can never eat more than a few oz at a time.

Have a good night!

LOL, I'm a girl

I don't know how you guys manage to eat so much steak! I can never eat more than a few oz at a time.

Have a good night!
    O jeeze, Im sorry haha the meat is easy to get down because its all I eat!
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Mmmmm, rest day yesterday! It was nice doing nothin but working.

Today, however is a different story. PUSH today, chest, shoulders, triceps. Should be a decent workout because of the rest. Same old meal plan today, 2 raw 12oz steaks one around 12pm one post workout. Dont have much more to say other then I hit 197 on the scale this morning, an all time low.

I might write some more later, just not feelin it right now
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )