Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Dumbbell Side Bends

Whenever I do this exercise (which is supposed to target your obliques), I feel the burn in the sides of my lower back. Am I doing something wrong?

You say something!? Colossal Spoons's Avatar
    Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colossal Spoons is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I had the same prob recently. Just work on leaning 4ward a bit when you're bent all the way to the side. It's a slight change(don't lean all the way cuz then it'll be even more of a back workout). Hope that helps

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Majestyc View Post
    Whenever I do this exercise (which is supposed to target your obliques), I feel the burn in the sides of my lower back. Am I doing something wrong?
    The obliques extend slightly into the lower back. This is normal.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Waste of time doing these imo, all its going to do is make you waist larger.

Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DanCottle View Post
    Do you know any other exercises to develop the obliques?

NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NCK MIZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DanCottle View Post
    agreed. I always wondered why people do this exercise, but then again I have a naturally wide waist, so I stay away from most weighted ab exercises, especially oblique exercises.

As far as other exercises go I do twists and flex the obliques. It takes a while to get used to, but it really tightens the obliques.
    "When you get a BS you think you know everything
    When you get your MS you realize you know nothing
    When you get your PhD you still realize you know nothing but it is ok because now you know no one else does either"

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i do em... if youw want them to work better.... keep your other hand above your head..... (elbow @ ear height)

p.s. F the haters...
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=

DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vegasdsm View Post
    i do em... if youw want them to work better.... keep your other hand above your head..... (elbow @ ear height)

p.s. F the haters...
    what is the benifit of doing them??