Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Shiverin' since '92 Mr.PissShivers's Avatar
    Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheAdlerian View Post
    That's me.

I'm immortal.
    From what I can tell from your avi, you look like actor Patrick Kilpatrick...

TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CoolHandTodd View Post
    Right on. Was it your first audition, and How did you find the audition? How many times were you called back before they offered you the part? Did they say how much they would pay you?
    I was getting very bored with psychology and thought for the hell of it I'd do some extra work.

In philly there's several talent agencies since commercials and films are frequently made there. By chance, the one bigger agency was having a casting call and I decided to go.

I was sweating bullets due to hellish nervousness, but when the chips are down, I'm always brave. I have been in massive arguments with killers, had guns turned on me, and been in blackouts in prison surrounded by a hundred murderers, and I never felt scared, so why should I be scared of acting? There was no reason and I just memorized the scenario and ab libbed like a motherf@cker!

It was awesome.

Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zirkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you planning on becoming the next arnold op?

know this feel
    One more for the mass.

TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.PissShivers View Post
    From what I can tell from your avi, you look like actor Patrick Kilpatrick...
    I'm more of a:

mixed with Jack Palance:

And it's funny, but I talk like Patrick Bateman, from American Psycho.

Not on purpose though.

CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was getting very bored with psychology and thought for the hell of it I'd do some extra work.

In philly there's several talent agencies since commercials and films are frequently made there. By chance, the one bigger agency was having a casting call and I decided to go.

I was sweating bullets due to hellish nervousness, but when the chips are down, I'm always brave. I have been in massive arguments with killers, had guns turned on me, and been in blackouts in prison surrounded by a hundred murderers, and I never felt scared, so why should I be scared of acting? There was no reason and I just memorized the scenario and ab libbed like a motherf@cker!

It was awesome.

Awesome. How did you find out about the casting call? Did they have you cold read from a script or did you have the script to go over before hand? Did they offer you the part after the first audition? How much money would you have been payed?

Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Jack Palance has one of my favorite movie faces ever.

RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RussianGerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just pretend you're an actor, it will work out better for you.

Awesome. How did you find out about the casting call? Did they have you cold read from a script or did you have the script to go over before hand? Did they offer you the part after the first audition? How much money would you have been payed?
    It was crazy and because of that I did even better.

The call was on their website.

A friend of mine stopped by and got the scene description for me. I read that and thought about what I would do. But, I got there and was handed an entirely different one. I quickly read it and thought about it. The casting people paired me with another group of actors, pros, who supposedly had the same script.

We were told to talk about it and discuss our plan. The other actors didn't really want to talk to me about it, and then minutes later we were on.

I was playing a cop and began doing my thing. They starting answering in a bizarre way and I realized they actually had the OTHER script. There was no cop in their script and I had a second of nerves but just went with it pretending they were crazy criminals with something to hide.

When it was done, I explained to the audition panel what happened and they liked how I didn't get scared and made something sensible out of it anyway.

The first part I had paid about a thousand, and I don't know how much the lead part would have paid, I assume a lot more.

I was an extra on the Muppet Movie.

Jack Palance has one of my favorite movie faces ever.
    He was Eastern European and I'm part.

Also, my mom worked in this plant store and he used to come in all the time. He had a farm in PA and she said he was a very nice man who treated people in the store very kindly.

Charles Bronson, also Eastern European was also from PA.

I was an extra on the Muppet Movie.
    I can confirm, I am muppet.

xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol TheAdlerian, that's a coincidence because I had a teacher that was CEO in the entertainment industry back in the days, and she is also in the field of psychology.

CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolHandTodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It was crazy and because of that I did even better.

The call was on their website.

A friend of mine stopped by and got the scene description for me. I read that and thought about what I would do. But, I got there and was handed an entirely different one. I quickly read it and thought about it. The casting people paired me with another group of actors, pros, who supposedly had the same script.

We were told to talk about it and discuss our plan. The other actors didn't really want to talk to me about it, and then minutes later we were on.

I was playing a cop and began doing my thing. They starting answering in a bizarre way and I realized they actually had the OTHER script. There was no cop in their script and I had a second of nerves but just went with it pretending they were crazy criminals with something to hide.

When it was done, I explained to the audition panel what happened and they liked how I didn't get scared and made something sensible out of it anyway.

The first part I had paid about a thousand, and I don't know how much the lead part would have paid, I assume a lot more.
    Man that's cool as hell. Good job.

It's worth noting that making the show I was on was heinously boring, like mega boring!!

We filmed at a prison in PA and did so at midnight when the inmates were asleep. Just to film a few minutes of the show it took four hours.

You have to freeze in place while different angles are filmed over and over so they can decide which one to use. When you aren't freezing you're doing the same thing over and over at different angles.

I have a lot of energy and don't get tired, but most of the other actors were losing it and getting sleeping so I was trying to keep people talking, they were falling asleep on their feet!

I had nothing to do with this, but in an apartment where I lived they were shooting a commercial in the lobby, and it took EIGHT HOURS to do one twenty second commercial.

I can confirm, I am muppet.
    lol...It was a location shoot at the El Captain theater in LA, and a friend and I snuck (more like walked directly in the side door) into the theater and actually made the trailer and the movie for several seconds.

Originally Posted by xslick View Post
    lol TheAdlerian, that's a coincidence because I had a teacher that was CEO in the entertainment industry back in the days, and she is also in the field of psychology.
    Yeah, to be good at psych you have to be an actor, because you're acting to help your clients. You can't say, hey I don't give a f@ck today, or maybe you SHOULD kill yourself, you have to keep it together. I can also think of a good writer who has a psych degree too.

Man that's cool as hell. Good job.
    Thanks bro, it was an Alpha moment born from complete boredom and not giving a crap.

lol...It was a location shoot at the El Captain theater in LA, and a friend and I snuck (more like walked directly in the side door) into the theater and actually made the trailer and the movie for several seconds.
    Wow!

I thought you were kidding.

I love the muppets.

Wow!

I thought you were kidding.

I love the muppets.

My friend went to a movie at the El Capitan, and when it was over Hollywood blvd was closed off. So he ran back to the hotel and got me.

All the extras were self important douche bags talking about their drug addictions or where they went to theater school. There was even a guy there that said he was working as an extra as a favor to the producer.

My friend went to a movie at the El Capitan, and when it was over Hollywood blvd was closed off. So he ran back to the hotel and got me.

All the extras were self important douche bags talking about their drug addictions or where they went to theater school. There was even a guy there that said he was working as an extra as a favor to the producer.
    That was kind of my experience. That's why our scene got messed up because everyone, but me, was unwilling to talk about it.

There was a crazy looking girl who I believe was sexually attracted to me, and I was like, god help me!

That was kind of my experience. That's why our scene got messed up because everyone, but me, was unwilling to talk about it.

There was a crazy looking girl who I believe was sexually attracted to me, and I was like, god help me!
    Yeah, a bunch of weirdos.

It kind of turned me off to acting at first, but if I had the balls I would try it.

Yeah, a bunch of weirdos.

It kind of turned me off to acting at first, but if I had the balls I would try it.
    You should try what I did, if it exists in you area.

Really, there is nothing bad that can happen if you view it as an adventure.

You should try what I did, if it exists in you area.

Really, there is nothing bad that can happen if you view it as an adventure.
    Well there is a school near me that teaches the Meisner technique.

And I suppose there is plenty of small stuff going on here.

Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just pretend to be someone else.

Well there is a school near me that teaches the Meisner technique.

And I suppose there is plenty of small stuff going on here.
    Why not?

Look online for talent agencies too.

Originally Posted by Temuz View Post
    Just pretend to be someone else.
    That's what it amounts to, but you have to have some insight into the type of person.

If asked to act like a modern Mongolian business man, I'd try but it would have no basis in reality.

Why not?

Look online for talent agencies too.

Yeah, I just have anxiety and other mental issues to deal with.

neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000) neowolfe is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Be related to someone in the biz. If you're not, claim you are. Most people in movies are related to someone else in movies.

Yeah, I just have anxiety and other mental issues to deal with.
    I was sweating like a motherf@cking, getting the chills, and wanted to run away. I simply would not allow it and as I said, I remembered that I am a brave person not afraid of the most dangerous situations, then I calmed down.

Anxiety is entirely in your mind and based on the fear that you are inadequate.

Note: I've written many novels and tried two times to send stuff to a publisher. That scared me. The first liked the story but didn't care for the ending. The second didn't explain the rejection. I'm going to publish to Amazon, but I'm scared for no real reason!

It makes me anxious just admitting it.

Everyone has things they're scared of but all of us can get over it. Don't let sociopaths who don't care have all the fun!!!

Originally Posted by neowolfe View Post
    Be related to someone in the biz. If you're not, claim you are. Most people in movies are related to someone else in movies.
    That's the top movie people, but I think there's room for others.

Ugly Models:

Last time I checked, there's an agency for ugly or harsh looking people. They look to fill movie and TV commercial roles.

So, you're weird looking fat guy, you might get a commercial or a small movie role as an oddity. I saw this cool looking albino dude on the site and he was handsome but demonic looking, but he's trying to work it.