Closed Thread
Page 161 of 332 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,830 of 9931
    im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Because people accidentally end up responding to old posts and those people will never come back to read the replies. It's annoying.

I'm not endorsing the stream of stupid threads but at least there's a chance the OP or person you're quoting will read your reply.
    eh I guess. To me, at least, it sounds like it promotes people to post less. This may be just a wild ass guess but I'd assume bb.com would want people to post as much as possible. Furthermore, the person may need clarification on a question he has. So in lieu of posting a new thread, he researched and found a thread. I am just more understanding of the "noob". And I seethe benefit of them from bumping old thread > the negatives that come from it.

I do agree though, the majority of bumps are retarded. But it's the "minority" of posters we are supposed to protect/nurture, not the majority.

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by im2manly View Post
    you people don't want people starting a new thread asking a question that's been asked before. You don't want people to bump old threads relevant to their interest, answer, or question. Why even have a forum at all?
    How would it be better to keep threads open that have been inactive for 3-6 months (or more)?
    the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by theshoupguy View Post
    How would it be better to keep threads open that have been inactive for 3-6 months (or more)?
    Because it may spark further conversation. Or the person may have had a question directly from a post in that thread, that some one else could answer (not just the OP). What is the two other alternatives to the above? He can't make a new thread since it's been covered. And if you just so "go research and don't ask questions" would make the point of the ex. section moot.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    eh I guess. To me, at least, it sounds like it promotes people to post less. This may be just a wild ass guess but I'd assume bb.com would want people to post as much as possible. Furthermore, the person may need clarification on a question he has. So in lieu of posting a new thread, he researched and found a thread. I am just more understanding of the "noob". And I seethe benefit of them from bumping old thread > the negatives that come from it.

I do agree though, the majority of bumps are retarded. But it's the "minority" of posters we are supposed to protect/nurture, not the majority.
    If we're going to split hairs, creating new threads that suck > bumping old threads that suck. Can't speak for the BB.com admin, but I'd imagine he'd rather see new threads than old threads being bumped all day long by an army of Tyciols.

It's also clear that some new posters are bumping old threads to increase their post count so they can embed images, etc. Not something we want to encourage or turn a blind eye to.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Because people accidentally end up responding to old posts and those people will never come back to read the replies. It's annoying.

I'm not endorsing the stream of stupid threads that could be avoided if they read the stickies and used the search but at least there's a chance the OP or person you're quoting will read your reply.
    This exactly.

I'm all for using the search button to find stuff you're curious about. Then you can make a new, more informed thread with the information that you've found but need clarity on.

However, bumping a five year old thread just to tell someone that they should really use DBs instead of BBs or to say "lol me 2" or to have some excuse to e-stat is obnoxious.
    -

If we're going to split hairs, creating new threads that suck > bumping old threads that suck. Can't speak for the BB.com admin, but I'd imagine he'd rather see new threads than old threads being bumped all day long by an army of Tyciols.

It's also clear that some new posters are bumping old threads to increase their post count so they can embed images, etc. Not something we want to encourage or turn a blind eye to.
    Fair enough. Like I said, for the most I agree that those bumps are stupid. But I don't think a blanket rule of locking threads after 6 months is a good idea either.

Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    This exactly.

I'm all for using the search button to find stuff you're curious about. Then you can make a new, more informed thread with the information that you've found but need clarity on.

However, bumping a five year old thread just to tell someone that they should really use DBs instead of BBs or to say "lol me 2" or to have some excuse to e-stat is obnoxious.
    lol people get told to use the search function all the time. People just assume they didn't. I mean, lets be real medjen, people get flack all the time for asking questions that have already been answered.

therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why even have a forum at all?
    cuz the rant
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Missed this earlier

Good suggestion. Closed a bunch of them.
    Thanks!

This is going to annoy seasoned necroposters like Tyciol.
    An excellent reason to anything, really.
    -

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 400Lb Gorilla View Post
    Chazzy's liquor stash caught fire?
    Why would you even joke about such things?!?!?!
    Good suggestion. Closed a bunch of them.

This is going to annoy seasoned necroposters like Tyciol.
    awesome
    you people don't want people starting a new thread asking a question that's been asked before. You don't want people to bump old threads relevant to their interest, answer, or question. Why even have a forum at all?
    I am all for people bumping old threads. But usually they are bumping retarded, random threads. Threads that should've never been made in the first place.

Or like others have said, someone will reply to a 4 year old thread to tell the op "Try dumbbells instead. It helped my plateau."

Really? Let's go back in time to give the OP that nugget of wisdom.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    I am all for people bumping old threads. But usually they are bumping retarded, random threads. Threads that should've never been made in the first place.

Or like others have said, someone will reply to a 4 year old thread to tell the op "Try dumbbells instead. It helped my plateau."

Really? Let's go back in time to give the OP that nugget of wisdom.
    lmao yea that is pretty dumb.

lol people get told to use the search function all the time. People just assume they didn't. I mean, lets be real medjen, people get flack all the time for asking questions that have already been answered.
    Sure they do.

In a perfect world, questions wouldn't be repeated, but clarified further for that particular poster.

So instead of "how do I get abs" we might get "I know I need to control my diet and build my abdominal muscles for my abs to show. Ive tried blah blah blah and am having blah blah blah problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?"

It'll never happen, but a girl can dream.

Edit: the info is still there. It can still be linked to, but it'll be with the knowledge that it's old, rather than random thread necro due to blind flailing around.
    -

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Because it may spark further conversation. Or the person may have had a question directly from a post in that thread, that some one else could answer (not just the OP). What is the two other alternatives to the above? He can't make a new thread since it's been covered.
    If it's been covered, there's no need to post it.
    If it's something new, it could just as easily be made into a new thread.

... would make the point of the ex. section moot.
    The Ex section is mostly worthless after spending a week or so reading what few quality threads there are, anyway.
    ω

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I mean, lets be real medjen, people get flack all the time for asking questions that have already been answered.
    More like people get baited into replying to a thread sent to the top, and 5 people are now conversing with people which they don't know had posted 3 years ago. All to see the first recent post to be

Originally Posted by medjen
    should really use DBs instead of BBs
    , then proceed to flame said bumper.
    Costco junkfood warrior

kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

Searchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Seek and Destroy.

Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    Sure they do.

In a perfect world, questions wouldn't be repeated, but clarified further for that particular poster.

So instead of "how do I get abs" we might get "I know I need to control my diet and build my abdominal muscles for my abs to show. Ive tried blah blah blah and am having blah blah blah problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?"

It'll never happen, but a girl can dream.

Edit: the info is still there. It can still be linked to, but it'll be with the knowledge that it's old, rather than random thread necro due to blind flailing around.
    Originally Posted by theshoupguy View Post
    If it's been covered, there's no need to post it.
    If it's something new, it could just as easily be made into a new thread.

The Ex section is mostly worthless after spending a week or so reading what few quality threads there are, anyway.
    You guys are assuming the poster isn't retarded. On any given OP, he may be clarification or reassurances on even the simplest of issues. Honestly, I sort of prefer bumping old threads. You see great posts from people who don't post no mo.

kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Angry

We're scanning the scene, in the section tonight.
    We're looking for you, to start up a fight.

There is an evil feeling in our threads,
    But they're nothing new, you know it drives us insane.

Posting,
    In old threads,
    Bumping,
    You will pay,
    Replying,
    One thousand negs,

Searchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ng.

Seek and Destroy.
    Last edited by kvk1; 04-13-2012 at 12:52 PM.

You guys are assuming the poster isn't retarded.
    yes, I can see where this could be a problem...
    -

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You guys are assuming the poster isn't retarded. On any given OP, he may be clarification or reassurances on even the simplest of issues. Honestly, I sort of prefer bumping old threads. You see great posts from people who don't post no mo.
    noobs bump old threads. noobs act like they got something new to share to the forum population in general. noobs don't have anything new to share.

Posting threads saves OP about a couple months of trial and error of looking for the right answer in the gym, not 3 years.
    Costco junkfood warrior

therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) therorschach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kvk1 View Post
    Searchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Seek and Destroy.
    Speaking of Metallica, Fiona Last-name-that-is-fruit has a new album coming out.
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Exclamation

Originally Posted by therorschach View Post
    Speaking of Metallica, Fiona Last-name-that-is-fruit has a new album coming out.
    Oh I know, I've been on it since it was announced.

The new songs sound wicked. Couple of recent YouTube videos floating around of her singing them during a live concert.

<3 Fapple <3

Got pulled over for speeding today. I was coming back to work during lunch and pulled into a parking spot in parking lot. I open my door (to exit the car) and see police car with lights flashing. Not sure how I didn't notice the police car behind me. He says he got me on a road a few miles back but almost could not catch up with me. Then he gave me a ticket. The end.
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    noobs bump old threads. noobs act like they got something new to share to the forum population in general. noobs don't have anything new to share.

Posting threads saves OP about a couple months of trial and error of looking for the right answer in the gym, not 3 years.
    Blanket comments and thinking is never a good idea.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The more necro threads are bumped by dumbass new accounts, the less I post.

True story.

Got pulled over for speeding today. I was coming back to work during lunch and pulled into a parking spot in parking lot. I open my door (to exit the car) and see police car with lights flashing. Not sure how I didn't notice the police car behind me. He says he got me on a road a few miles back but almost could not catch up with me. Then he gave me a ticket. The end.
    I hate that little tidbit "you were blowing past people", "I could keep up with you". fuking bull shiit. I always get pulled over b/c they pace me those dumb fukkers.

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    The more necro threads are bumped by dumbass new accounts, the less I post.

True story.
    You have already been retained as a poster to the site. They want "new" posters.

I hate that little tidbit "you were blowing past people", "I could keep up with you". fuking bull shiit. I always get pulled over b/c they pace me those dumb fukkers.
    Oddly enough, he gave me a 54-in-a-40 ticket. I guess he didn't notice me going 85 in a 55 on the road afterwards. He said I flew like a bat out of hell on the onramp. I'm not a bat.
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz

the bumps i am referring to are the ones where a poster will bump the thread just to piss people off. see the "there is no lower chest, grrr" thread for reference lol
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have already been retained as a poster to the site. They want "new" posters.
    New posters who bump threads that were started in 2005-2008 and who post nothing worth a fuking sh.it don't deserve to be retained anyway.

They may very well be retarded if they think the OP is still keeping up with their 6+ month old thread.
    ω

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    You should have stepped on the gas and triggered an OJ style convoy with helicopters in pursuit. Then we could have watched you on the news.

You had to be a pussy and pull over.

Closed Thread
Page 161 of 332 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 ... LastLast