user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user461782 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Bill Starr's 5x5 Program Assistance work

For the Assitance work of the 5x5 program I have a few questions.

For Tricep Extensions, what version of these do I do? BB or DB or what?

For weighted dips, I don't have a chain to attach to weight plate so how else do I do them? Is the seated machine dips ok?

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post

Whichever version you like. Doesn't matter much.

For weighted dips, I don't have a chain to attach to weight plate so how else do I do them? Is the seated machine dips ok?
    You could hold a dumbbell between your legs, this works OK until you're adding lots of weight.

I've rigged up a belt from one of those "ab" straps, and clip one of the various straps that go with the cable machines to it. Not too hard to pug something together.

Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post

you could do decline bench press for the dips