BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100)

Some people are just A**holes

Ok so I am in my gym doing some wide chest presses. The machine goes only to 200 lb so, I add 70 more pounds with those 7 1/2 and 5 pound weights that you can place on the stack. These weights are scattered around the gym so, I go around and collect them to do the exercise.
    Anyway, I am doing my four sets of 12 reps ; I finish and soon after this guy comes up to me with one ear phone hanging out of his ear , saying how rude it was of me to take all those weights when others want to use them. He does not say : May I please work in or could I use a couple ; He just walks up to me with an attitude.(nobody else asked for the weights)
    I could not believe it! I have been at this gym for eight years and this is the first and only time someone has ever complained about me useing all the extra weights.

Am I over reacting or should I have bitch slaped this a-hole like I wanted to?

paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you are jacked...he prolly thought u were a meat head....prove him wrong and explain urself in the most direct and straight forward way possible...that will **** his head up...and think twice....

anywayz if u arent jacked and he is....runaway and hide
    Stats:
    Months of Training: 18
    Start Weight:110
    Height: 5'7
    Weight:158
    Bench: 205 x 2
    Squat: 185 x 8 :( injury
    Deadlift: 225 x 6
    Curl : 50 x 5
    Dip:Body plus 55 x 7
    Bent Over Row: 155 x 6

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    F*** em...

You're going to run into a million more *******s over the course of your life time so don't stress it! He was just being a dick.

CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycloneJack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unless you took the weights off a machine he was using at the time, smack him with the weight and tell him to wait his goddamn turn like everyone else...Then take his iPod

Upgraded to kettle bells Lights Out's Avatar
    Lights Out has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lights Out has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lights Out has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Yeah, *******s are everywhere. Not that long ago, an old dude was on the treadmill I had signed up for from 10:30 on (or whatever time). Anyway, after a few minutes after the designated time, I reminded him really politely (and believe me, because I was actually in a good mood at the time, I was being polite!) that his time was up. The gym wasn't too busy, but it was busy enough, and people had signed up for other machines, but even still, I thought he should be the one to go hunting. I thought he was just oblivious, and had forgotten to get off, so I was just reminding him. So, long story short, he gets all up in my face and starts yelling about how he has been coming to this gym for 30 years, and that I should show him some respect, and that I can have my damn machine.

I was so surprised that I just blurted out what came to mind: "I don't have time to deal with your emotional problems," which is probably the weirdest response that I could have come up with, not macho or clever, and a little embarrassing. Truth was, the whole time he was yelling, I was thinking, "wow, this guy must be really upset about life," so it just came out. The whole room was looking at us. I felt like a jackass.

Your story is much better--at least you didn't get owned by a f***ing 75-year old.
    6'
    Jan. 2006: 216lbs., flabby.
    Jan. 2007: 186lbs.
    Feb. 2007: 195lbs (bulking)
    Immediate goal: clean bulk back up to 200 or so (hopefully!)

dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Lights Out
    Yeah, *******s are everywhere. Not that long ago, an old dude was on the treadmill I had signed up for from 10:30 on (or whatever time). Anyway, after a few minutes after the designated time, I reminded him really politely (and believe me, because I was actually in a good mood at the time, I was being polite!) that his time was up. The gym wasn't too busy, but it was busy enough, and people had signed up for other machines, but even still, I thought he should be the one to go hunting. I thought he was just oblivious, and had forgotten to get off, so I was just reminding him. So, long story short, he gets all up in my face and starts yelling about how he has been coming to this gym for 30 years, and that I should show him some respect, and that I can have my damn machine.

I was so surprised that I just blurted out what came to mind: "I don't have time to deal with your emotional problems," which is probably the weirdest response that I could have come up with, not macho or clever, and a little embarrassing. Truth was, the whole time he was yelling, I was thinking, "wow, this guy must be really upset about life," so it just came out. The whole room was looking at us. I felt like a jackass.

Your story is much better--at least you didn't get owned by a f***ing 75-year old.
    Thanks for sharring your story, your right that is a really funny response. Sounds like he did have issues

BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffGuy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whocares man just ignore em dont waste ur time on losers like that, instead let that motivate u and train harder! thats what i do take the anger on the weights
    "Only The Strong Survive"

xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ya we all have those stories.. the best thing to do is just let it go, otherwise its going to ruin ur workout. I remember a while ago, there was this guy who was supersetting with freaking like 4 machines, and i was looking to use one of them. I went to ask him if i coudl use the rack and he replied, "No, im supersetting, i cant wait for you to finish". to add injurty to insult the guy was being a social butterfly taking ten minutes between sets.

SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50) SemiShred will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't do machine presses and you'll be fine.... he sucks cock also.
    Training in Budokai Do.

raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cool

Kick him in the nuts and throw him into the Thames.
    Ansew to the few pms I've gotten since popping back on-line...

NO I never got full amount back from 'him', still owed for FAKE t3 and wu fee... More than a year on I can't be bothered to carry on chasing it up.. Unfortunatly word is he is on another bb community forum still selling

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CycloneJack
    Unless you took the weights off a machine he was using at the time, smack him with the weight and tell him to wait his goddamn turn like everyone else...Then take his iPod
    lol
    National Competitor

SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000) SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000) SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000) SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000) SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000) SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000) SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000) SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000) SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000) SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000) SkeetSkeet is just really nice. (+1000)
    far as i can remember i've never had problem with anyone at my gym and its a moderately hardcore gym too (so i guess the guys just know the score and thas why no one acts up)...But when i went to this chump gym for a while some biker was doin front raises about...10 feet from the mirror and when i walkd past the dumbell rack in front of him to grab my weights he stops what hes doin and says in his best fatherly voice "hey junior, you never walk in front of a mirror when someones working out". All i could do was shake my head.

As for your story, i say your ok to take all the plates you want. Whats the diff between taking all the plates of that size VS taking say the only pair of 25lb dumbells...either way, its a gym and ppl have to learn to weight their turn or improvise or just move onto something else

rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockaphonics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    seriously.. u gotta whine over this..
    is this the first time u met a rude guy in the gym?
    if it is then welcome to the real world

RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500) RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500) RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500) RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500) RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500) RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500) RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500) RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500) RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500) RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500) RedDogDarren is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by BB fanatic
    Ok so I am in my gym doing some wide chest presses. The machine goes only to 200 lb so, I add 70 more pounds with those 7 1/2 and 5 pound weights that you can place on the stack. These weights are scattered around the gym so, I go around and collect them to do the exercise.
    Anyway, I am doing my four sets of 12 reps ; I finish and soon after this guy comes up to me with one ear phone hanging out of his ear , saying how rude it was of me to take all those weights when others want to use them. He does not say : May I please work in or could I use a couple ; He just walks up to me with an attitude.(nobody else asked for the weights)
    I could not believe it! I have been at this gym for eight years and this is the first and only time someone has ever complained about me useing all the extra weights.

Tell him that when he gets to your level in about 20 years he will have to deal with people like himself so be prepared.

TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10) TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10) TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10) TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10) TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10) TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10) TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10) TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10) TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10) TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10) TWright is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BB FAnatic, Hey man blow it off bro. It won't be the last time you offend some guy at the gym. He should just wait his turn.
    "what works for me may not work for you"

Average Joes DodgeBaller wide lats's Avatar
    wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Personally i would of pretended i was from Russia and not knew what he was talking about... or just told him to piss of plain and simple.

edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha i like that

oh and using a machine to work chest is weak...
    exceeding any and all expectations

hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BB fanatic

i do the same thing, but not quite 70 pounds, that would probably be like every single weight stack weight in the entire gym, but anyways no one ever bitched at me about it before, and i dont see a reason why that guy was bitchin about it, he was just being an *******

overall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why is this in the IFBB section? Just a thought.

oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100) oggie is not very well liked. (-100)
    Then take his iPod
    hahahahaha!!