T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

help with a new program

I used to use the MAX-OT guidelines for a few years and had excellent strength gains with it. I want to pack on size and strength. What is the best program for that? reps.

Ryanous_Ryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanous_Ryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanous_Ryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanous_Ryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not as simple as there being a single best program for everyone. Everyone's body develops differently. But the one thing that remains true for all bodies is that the more total overload the muscle takes, the more it will need to recover, and thus the more it will develop. This may mean doing sets of 5 reps, 8 reps, or 20 reps, depending on your own naturally development. Usually, the heavier, the better. If you can't do heavy wihtout losing technique though, then you'll have to go lighter, because technique is much more important than the actual weight. When deciding on your program, you may consider Static Contraction Training (where you put the maximum amount that your muscles are capable of moving on the weight, and lift about 1 inch in the strongest point of the muscle, then simply hold it for as long as possible - any more than 30 seconds, and it's definitely time to increase the weight, aiming for about 10 seconds). Also, make sure you train your lower body. When muscles are worked out, it boosts overall testosterone, so including leg exercises will indirectly help build every muscle that you work out.

Falgo77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I borrowed a book from a buddy of mine called "Static Contraction Training" or something like that. It makes a lot of sense but I'm still not convinced. I guess it's hard to believe that just holding a weight in the strongest range would do a whole lot. The other thing I've heard is that it doesn't do a whole lot to increase your full range of motion strength. The author of the book swears that it does (something like 60% of the strength gained transfers over to your full range of motions according to him...Pete Sysco is his name, I think).

I don't know. I'm trying it. I guess we'll see.

badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Like was said above everyone is different. But usually to gain size you want to keep your reps between 10-15. rest about 30-45 seconds between sets. For strength personally I'd go as heavy as I could 2-6 reps with short rest periods 30-45 seconds tops. This will naturally boost your testosterone levels and make you stronger.