Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10)

need help with routine

day1=chest
    day2=back
    da3=shoulders/traps
    day4=bis and tris
    day5=legs
    day6=of
    day7=start repeat

chest i do chest press, bench, incline bench,dumbell flies, and pullovers

back i do lat pulldown, lat machine, dumbell rows, seated rows and supported rows

bis and tris i do dumbell curls, barbell curls,preacher curls and ez bar curls, tris i do close grip bench, skull crushers, triceps extension and rope pushdowns

shoulders i do dumbell shoulder press,military press, front raise and lateral raise then traps i do dumbell and barbell shrugs

legs i do squats, leg press, lex extensions,deadlifts,seated leg curl

also jog every morning and night because i need to keep fit and need to start working abs, whats the best way to work abs? my abs are apparantly pretty strong but i havent worked them for a while, i was thinking 2 times a week and doing crunches, leg raises and decline sit ups? maybe 3 sets of 15 each?

btw i do 3 sets of 8 reps for my exercises and 3 sets of 15 for legs

is my program any good?
    cheers

Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its okay, however, you might need more days off to recover.

I use:
    Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Arms
    Thursday: Back
    Friday: Legs

All other days are rest. But if you recover quick then I suppose its okay.

Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Push
    day1=chest
    day2=back
    da3=shoulders/traps
    day4=bis and tris
    day5=legs
    day6=of
    day7=start repeat

chest i do chest press, bench, incline bench,dumbell flies, and pullovers

back i do lat pulldown, lat machine, dumbell rows, seated rows and supported rows

bis and tris i do dumbell curls, barbell curls,preacher curls and ez bar curls, tris i do close grip bench, skull crushers, triceps extension and rope pushdowns

shoulders i do dumbell shoulder press,military press, front raise and lateral raise then traps i do dumbell and barbell shrugs

legs i do squats, leg press, lex extensions,deadlifts,seated leg curl

also jog every morning and night because i need to keep fit and need to start working abs, whats the best way to work abs? my abs are apparantly pretty strong but i havent worked them for a while, i was thinking 2 times a week and doing crunches, leg raises and decline sit ups? maybe 3 sets of 15 each?

btw i do 3 sets of 8 reps for my exercises and 3 sets of 15 for legs

is my program any good?
    cheers
    Way too many isolation movements and volume. There's no need to do so many movements. I'd do more compounds and stay away from all those isolations, cut out a lot of volume. You'd be better off looking for a program then creating your own. It may be working for you but I don't like the look of your program.

Good luck,
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete5; 11-04-2006 at 05:43 PM.

Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think i recover quickly, when i go to the gym the next day i feel great and not tired, and when i start my routine again my muscles are recovered from there previous work out so i think no worries there.

what are some exercises i could do to replace some of these isolation movements?

or is there a program you could recommend? basically im just looking to bulk up

m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're giving enough time in between muscle groups, while you're only taking a day off you're still giving multiple days in between hitting the same muscle twice... my exact split but my actual lifts are different, the split is good too lazy to look at the lifts heh
    Workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=265614091#post265614091

Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pete5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know it's been beat to death but Rippetoe's is a real good program. Another good one is Westside for Skinny Bastards. If you want the URL for these programs shoot me a pm.
    Compound Movements
    Bench Press-Triceps, Chest
    Incline bench press-shoulders/triceps/chest
    Pullups/chinups-back/biceps
    bent over rows-back/biceps
    deadlifts- legs/back
    Romanian deadlifts-^^
    Cleans-shoulders/traps
    Squats-entire leg
    Lunges-balance, knee, quad strength