eeksthalocc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Help Getting Back Into It!!

HEY GUYS,
    My story is pretty much this, i am 26yrs old now, i was always a great athlete growing up(all state in baseball) was not all cut up or anything but if you looked at me you could tell i was an athlete. i used to workout every morning M-F 5am-6:30am normal size is 6'1" 228lbs approx 10-12%body fat. about 10 months ago i got real sick and had to go on disability for 3 months. i could not eat nothing or even move or get out of bed for a month and lost 20lbs of muscle in 3 weeks and 30lbs overall. doctors never found anything wrong with me. but anyway, i am having trouble getting back in the gym because everytime i try i get exhausted so fast. ill do 3-4 set of bench and almost have to throw up, or i can only jog maybe 0.4miles and be wiped out when i used to run 2-3 miles non stop. its very frustrating and hard because when i go to the gym i am used to a certain type of workout with heavy weights and some running. but i now realize i need to start very very slow and slowly work my way back, but i need help designing that sort of a gradual slow advancing workout plan. please any help would be greatly appreciated.

latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll gladly help you.. Just tell me what exactly your injury was, and how exactly you are feeling now..

if you can send me pics too..
    Offering online personal training.. please PM for rates and complete info

deadmicz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you need to recalculate your 1RMs and drop your set weights accordingly. If you go in there trying to do what you were doing, your going to fail. Loosing that much weight/muscle definately is a big setback, however keeping your calories up will get you there.

I would focus on doing very light running to get your endurance moving back to where it should be, and also start back on the weights with a small fullbody routine. Feel free to check out Starting Strength, however there are many routines out there.

Key things to remember are go slow, and keep them calories up.

Starting Strength
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    please don't listen to any schmo out there... like the poster above.. finding your 1 rep max in the condition that you are right now can be dangerous..

Based on your injury and how you are now, i'd like to see you start with a great bodyweight program +calisthenics, and gradually moving over to free weigths and working your way up to where you use to be without harming yourself.

I just need more info, but I'm glad to help you.

eeksthalocc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the reply. i did not have an injury. i have always had internal/stomach/intestine/possible nervous system problems my whole life and no doctor can ever find anything wrong with me. basically every once in a while when im trying to eat i just freaze up and can eat. no matter how hungry i am, its like im scared of food. i start sharking or more like twitching, my stomach cramps up and i can almost throw up. it so wierd because it is before i eat NOT after. most doctors try to go the heartburn or stress or something mental or whatever, but how can i have heartburn if i never ate anything. but anyway this would happen maybe 1 or 2 meals per week my whole life and i pretty much just trip out and have to get away from the sight or smell of food for a while, sometime i lie down on the concrete outside and it helps me. but like i said it was only 1 or 2 meals a week for 1 or 2 hours at a time, so it was manageble, but last december when it hit me it was 24 hours a day for a month straight, i couldnt even swallow a cracker, i just survived off of my juiceman, making carrot and celery type juice and ensure. so anyway that is my problem, i still get it once in a while now. the wierdest thing is now i am a puss, and it really pisses me off, i remeber before i used to get mad because i could drink caffine or red bull or any energy drink and i could never really feel the energy or buzz or nothing, but now i cant even have a sip of coffee without my body shaking.

your problem is really weird.. sorry for that..

please do not follow my advice, or anybody elses advice on this FORUM, as you need medical advice.. anything one of us say can cause serious damages, which can also lead to serious consquences.. Please seek medical attention and find what is wrong with you.. and please do not train, unless you are approved by a doctor..