Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Belted VS. Unbelted

Is squatting or deadlifting without a belt better than squatting with a belt? Which one is better and why?

And is squatting or deadlifting without a belt more dangerous? Can not using a belt stunt growth?

Thanks.

Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Solid0Snake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is squatting or deadlifting without a belt better than squatting with a belt? Which one is better and why?
    Sq or Dl with belt is certainly better. Why, you ask? Because the belt supports your back.

And is squatting or deadlifting without a belt more dangerous? Can not using a belt stunt growth?
    Well, at the light weights it wouldn't be a problem, that is if you dl somewhere like 45lbs or something...which I highly doubt unless you're lifting when you're like 5 years old :P
    Yes, without a belt it can be very dangerous. Heavy weights might break your back if you dl or squat without a belt.
    As for stunting the growth, no, it doesn't stunt the growth unless you count dying as a stunt of growth :P

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    as for is it better to have a belt? It sorta depends. When i warm up I dont like to use the belt, to get a little added strength in my back. But once I start with my workout i put the belt on to make sure i stay safe, better safe then sorry.

No, your growth will not be stunted, just make sure to use the belt when using weights heavier then your warmup.

Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Samyooehl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't wear a belt unless I'm getting within around 85-90% of my 1rm. Just take a deep breath and push out your stomach, then tighten your entire midsection. That's all the belt you really need.

Squatting or dling with a belt doesn't allow your core muscles to be exercised properly. Doing so without a belt will also give you good lookin abs and a rock-hard lower back (assuming your bf is low enough)
    Mitch: There's two kinds of people in this world: Those who get stomped on and those who do the stomping.
    Kathy: Where'd you come up with that theory?
    Mitch: That famous guy said it. What's his name? Uh... Oh, yeah: Jesus!

One that never quits Winterlong's Avatar
    Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Winterlong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It depends on the person. Some people are genetically gifted to have a stronger core which allows them to not need a belt, but for people like me, my core is weak so I always wear on when I go heavy.

GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GermanBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wearing a belt supports your back during heavy lifts. it's nice to have, but don't use it as a crutch to lift more weight.

when your body is still growing vertically, it is possible to stunt growth through heavy deadlift and squats. when your still growing, the growth plates are not solid. the compression that the weight drives on your spine could cause you to not grow as rapidly.
    We need systems approach to government, no longer partisan patchwork
    adios guys, ill lurk 2/15

Shittygeneticsomorph BBing_Addict's Avatar
    BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Solid0Snake
    Sq or Dl with belt is certainly better. Why, you ask? Because the belt supports your back.

Well, at the light weights it wouldn't be a problem, that is if you dl somewhere like 45lbs or something...which I highly doubt unless you're lifting when you're like 5 years old :P
    Yes, without a belt it can be very dangerous. Heavy weights might break your back if you dl or squat without a belt.
    As for stunting the growth, no, it doesn't stunt the growth unless you count dying as a stunt of growth :P
    no........................

squat or deadlift with a belt is not better. you should only use a belt if you are going low-reps with heavy heavy weights (1-3 reps) or maxes, as it will allow to maintain form a bit better as well as it will allow you to lift a bit more.

squatting or deadifting does not stunt your growth, but as an advice, just avoid very low reps or maxes, just to be safe.

doing SQ or DL without a belt is not "very dangerous", if you can do it with proper form.

also squatting and deadlifting with out a belt allow you to build your core strength, so if you use and depend on a belt you miss out on that benefit from SQ and DL

so....if you are maxing, 1-3 reps with very heavy weights, use a belt. but if you are going for reps 4+ reps, there is no need for a belt. i actually strongly suggest not to use (you dont wanna depend on it).
    Last edited by BBing_Addict; 05-26-2006 at 05:23 PM.

curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    As long as you keep your form the same you don't need a belt.

If you were ever going to try for a PR or something then you better buckle up.

I always use to wear a belt when i started squatting.

I don't use it anymore, and i think it has helped me get stronger.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3&q=ivan+squat

^^^^^my inspiration^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by curb0303; 05-26-2006 at 05:21 PM.

USMC-SpidaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC-SpidaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC-SpidaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC-SpidaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC-SpidaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC-SpidaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC-SpidaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) USMC-SpidaMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hey guy with the weak core!

If you didnt use a belt to begin with , your core wouldnt be so weak....... I thought i had a weak core till i started over squating with low weight and no belt and worked my way up.

Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know using a belt causes the core muscles to net get worked. But I'm already doing a PowerWheel workout and I'm doing some core excercises 3x a week. Will not wearing a belt harm me?