damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff

Question What's wrong w/this picture?

I've noticed that alot of you guys bulk for like 2 months and then cut and then bulk again in another month.

I've been bulking since July and plan on starting my cutting phase on March 1.

I've made these gains:

Arms - +2.5 inches
    Chest - +7 inches
    Legs - +6 inches
    Calves - +1.5 inches
    Forearms - + 1 inch
    Waist - + 2 inches

and I've gone from 10% bf at 170 lbs to 12% bf at 201 lbs.

I'm curious as to why you guys bulk for short amounts and then cut and then bulk again.

Does anybody do it like me?
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff
    BUMP. going to bed. HOLLA!
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

Registered User Matthew Shepard's Avatar
    Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah jeff..I usually bulk for extended periods of time. The only way I stop is if my BF gets insanely high.

Jeff I'm curious...what bf% do u intend to have by march after all that bulking?
    Last edited by Matthew Shepard; 01-06-2002 at 01:50 AM.
    RIP Matthew Shepard--gone but NEVER forgotten!

Check Out My Transformation Photos! (305lb-159lb) : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152603323&p=1043189043&viewfull=1#post1043189043

TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im going to start doing longer bulking periods. Short ones jsut don't seem to be as effective.

I hope to be at about 13 bf maximum by March. Then I'll cut. I wanna have abs for summer.

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Id bulk almost year round. Maybe not quite as hardcore during the summer, but last year i had to cut way down a few times to do some modelling. Only way im cutting down that low is if i get some real money thrown at me. Like...more then 150/shoot. I'll prolly stay around 6-7% during the summer, cutting and staying lean is no problem for me. Im at like 8-9% now.

Br

GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think the more time you bulk/cut, the better results you'll get...
    It's better to be weigh more and be cut at doing bulking/cutting longer, and you'll get results at once, than weighing less, then bulk alittle, then again cut alittle... Thats just a waste of time...

I choose to bulk/cut more time, and have better results at once, than bulk/cut for short period of time, and have results 2 times less than the longer period...

Click Here to visit my article on Insulin
    And please post your comments on my article
    ...Loved by many, hated by few...

ain't nuttin but a peanut AznBB's Avatar
    AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    EXACTLY JEFF!

I started bodybuilding last year (beginning freshman year) at 103 lbs....and i have been bulking for over a year and i just finished my first cut on new years(started cutting beginning of december)...i went from 103lbs freshman(small) to 166 lbs(alot better!) and from a bodyfat of 6% to a body fat of 10.2%(10.2 because i just had it done in health class so i know what it is exactly) So i suggest people bulk for extended periods of time until they are satisfied or they get a little too high of bodyfat.
    PEACE

Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Being such a skinny guy my whole life, ever since i've been bb, i've been bulking (so about 1 1/2 years) I've never had to cut up, but i agree with bulking longer periods of time to see better results

the no1 geordie hunk bass generator's Avatar
    bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bass generator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i usually bulk for the winter(long time here in england),and cut at the first signs of good weather,from now on tho im just gonna bulk till i get as big as i wanna be,like the old age bodybuilders,i can live without taking my **** off this year(thats what vests are for)

Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tyler_SJI has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "I'm curious as to why you guys bulk for short amounts and then cut and then bulk again."

I am a mesomorph, big boned, extremely dense person. Anything I eat becomes muscle or fat. For example, I'm starting a cutting cycle tomorrow, I have been bulking for the last 2-3 months, my weight shot up from 173 to 204, I'd say about 1/4-1/2 of the new weight is fat though I have been eating very clean (except today, seeing as I'm cutting tomorrow, I had a long john and a boston cream doughnut, I need to treat myself every once in a while ) and all I have been using for supps was a single 1 kg bottle of protein powder.

I'm new to the game and am still learning how my body acts though, I'm not sure whether to stop eating as much for my next bulking cycle or do moderate cardio while bulking or continue this and later burn off the fat as fat is fairily easy to get rid of with enough hard time on treadmill/crosstrainer. But then again that is my particular problem.
    "Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach."
    - A. Einstein

Crash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: What's wrong w/this picture?

Originally posted by damnJeff
    I've noticed that alot of you guys bulk for like 2 months and then cut and then bulk again in another month.

I've made these gains:

Arms - +2.5 inches
    Chest - +7 inches
    Legs - +6 inches
    Calves - +1.5 inches
    Forearms - + 1 inch
    Waist - + 2 inches

I'm curious as to why you guys bulk for short amounts and then cut and then bulk again.

I've also noticed all the bull**** some of people are posting. Keeps the entertainment value high I suppose.
    If you aren't prepared for the answer, don't ask the ****ing question.

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why do you say it's bull****, Crash? I find it pretty believable.

Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: What's wrong w/this picture?

Originally posted by damnJeff

I've made these gains:

Arms - +2.5 inches
    Chest - +7 inches
    Legs - +6 inches
    Calves - +1.5 inches
    Forearms - + 1 inch
    Waist - + 2 inches

Nice dude, sounds like you made some good gains.

peace
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it- Farma
    "Wanna get big? stop lookin and start workin!"- Farma
    "Quality not quanity applies to a lot of things; bodybuilding is one of those things" - Farma
    Psalm 23 "Fear No evil!"
    "The O.S.R has begun, we're taken out anyone in the way!!" - Farma

Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bulking for short time, then cutting and so on is called..

CALORIE CYCLING

Its great thing for shocking your organism so he doesnt get used to bulking/cutting and loosing efficenty