rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rock23242 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Am I Overtraining?

I've just been getting back into lifting seriously over the last few weeks - most consistently over the last two weeks. I used to lift a lot in high school and university fifteen to twenty years ago and little thereafter. I switched mostly to running the last five to ten years. Recent ACL replacement surgery has me still recovering and only able to run a couple miles at a time so far.

I missed lifting and am loving the gains I'm experiencing getting back into it. I think the supplements have come a long way also since my recovery time is very short and I don't recall ever gaining this much quality muscle this quickly those times when I did get back into it. This No-xplode & Cell Mass must be helping.

I've been going about it pretty haphazardly and am wondering if I might be over training. Back when I worked out the thing to do was 3 days on 1 off. I also throw in cardio in there every second workout at least for my knee recovery and strengthening.

Generally I do:
    Day 1 - Chest / Triceps, Cardio - maybe 4 exercises per body part
    Day 2 - Back / Biceps
    Day 3 - Shoulders / Legs, Cardio
    Day 4 - Rest, Cardio sometimes

Although, sometimes I haven't been resting much on the fourth day and do some weights.

Is the above split too much? My goal is to gain quality mass which I feel I have been and can do with intensity, consistency, strict form above all and extended sets (dropping weight going to failure). I also don't go terribly overboard on the heavy weight since I run into a neck/trap problem when I do.

Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks.
    -Rock