View Poll Results: Jessica Biel's Diet - Good or Bad for a cut?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

34 58.62%
  • Awful

3 5.17%
  • Okay but could be better...

21 36.21%
    tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question Jessica Biel's diet - good or bad?

So I think Jessica Biel looks pretty good, apparently this is what she eats while doing insane amounts of training:

Breakfast: Oatmeal made with skim milk. Add diced apple and pinch of cinnamon. Glass of orange juice. Slice of whole-wheat toast with one small can of sardines in tomato sauce. Glass of apple juice. Omelette made with three egg whites, filled with tomatoes. Glass of grapefruit juice.

Mid-morning snack: A handful of unsalted almonds or a banana.

Lunch: Four ounces of lean chicken, with small handful of whole-wheat pasta and chopped vegetables. Half a baked potato filled with tuna and corn. Serve with salad of green leaves dressed with lemon and teaspoon olive oil.

Mixed bean salad made with one 14 oz. can of mixed beans, celery, grated carrot, sliced peppers, lemon juice and teaspoon of olive oil.

Mid-afternoon snack: Tablespoon mixed seeds (sesame, pumpkin or sunflower seeds). Piece of fruit.

Dinner: Medium-sized salmon fillet, baked in foil with lemon or lime juice and teaspoon olive oil. Mashed sweet potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Small cup of low-fat yogurt for dessert.

Small grilled lean pork steak with roasted vegetables. Fruit salad topped with three teaspoonfuls low-fat cream. Four ounces diced lean meat or Quorn with stir-fried vegetables and whole-wheat noodles or brown rice.

Evening snack: Two whole-grain crisp breads or oatcakes topped with hummus. Glass of fruit juice.

Opinions?
    Pain is Weakness Leaving The Body

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    damn that sounds like a lot of food. i wish i could eat like that and still lose fat. salmon AND pork for dinneR? are u sure??
    i guess she must be exercising like crazy then.
    "Be willing to be uncomfortable. Be comfortable being uncomfortable. It may get tough, but it's a small price to pay for living a dream."

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cardio_girl View Post
    damn that sounds like a lot of food. i wish i could eat like that and still lose fat. salmon AND pork for dinneR? are u sure??
    i guess she must be exercising like crazy then.
    The way I read it, I guessed that the lunch had 2 options and the dinner two options, not both.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    The way I read it, I guessed that the lunch had 2 options and the dinner two options, not both.
    ohhhh gotcha!!
    im sleepy
    "Be willing to be uncomfortable. Be comfortable being uncomfortable. It may get tough, but it's a small price to pay for living a dream."

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sounds great to - big breakies I wish I could get half that stuff in
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And the breakfast definitely looks like it was 3 separate meals too. I mean, she's not having 3 glasses of juice

Good looking diet.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah thats what I thought but I thought I'd post it to get input from you guys because usually celebrity diets are really bad!

...and yes I think she eats either/or for the breakfast lunch and dinner options not all

strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10) strivefwd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Has anyone seen her in Chuck&Larry? Her body is awesome!! She could compete in figure competitions!

Her results speak for themselves and her diet looks pretty delicious to me...though I'm not one for fruit juice-uck! I'd rather have a peice of fruit.

I totally agree strivefwd! She looks amazing, but I'd go for smoothie's instead of fruit juice. I worked out macros for a typical day and they work out at about 1860cals, 50g fat, 203g carbs and 176g protein (24/38/38)

Seems pretty awesome to me!

Official Fitness Fanatic trainwithrae's Avatar
    trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50) trainwithrae will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    NEVER believe what they put in the media for celebrity "diets". They are usually full of BS.....
    MuscleTech Sponsored Athlete
    Want your best body?
    www.trainwithrae.com

Yeah I did think that, just looking at the diet it looks pretty decent...

moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is the kind of stuff they should be advertising as "celebrity diets". It's refreshing to see real food rather than a 'diet' consiting of rice cakes, yogurt, diet coke, and celery sticks. Just goes to show that you CAN (and SHOULD) eat up if you want to look great.

tse - where did you read this? I'd like to pass this on to some friends, but I'd like to tell them the source.
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3521621

thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500) thediabolical is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by tse View Post
    So I think Jessica Biel looks pretty good, apparently this is what she eats while doing insane amounts of training:

Breakfast: Oatmeal made with skim milk. Add diced apple and pinch of cinnamon. Glass of orange juice. Slice of whole-wheat toast with one small can of sardines in tomato sauce. Glass of apple juice. Omelette made with three egg whites, filled with tomatoes. Glass of grapefruit juice.

Lunch: Four ounces of lean chicken, with small handful of whole-wheat pasta and chopped vegetables. Half a baked potato filled with tuna and corn. Serve with salad of green leaves dressed with lemon and teaspoon olive oil.

Mixed bean salad made with one 14 oz. can of mixed beans, celery, grated carrot, sliced peppers, lemon juice and teaspoon of olive oil.

Mid-afternoon snack: Tablespoon mixed seeds (sesame, pumpkin or sunflower seeds). Piece of fruit.

Dinner: Medium-sized salmon fillet, baked in foil with lemon or lime juice and teaspoon olive oil. Mashed sweet potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Small cup of low-fat yogurt for dessert.

Small grilled lean pork steak with roasted vegetables. Fruit salad topped with three teaspoonfuls low-fat cream. Four ounces diced lean meat or Quorn with stir-fried vegetables and whole-wheat noodles or brown rice.

Evening snack: Two whole-grain crisp breads or oatcakes topped with hummus. Glass of fruit juice.

Opinions?
    Please remember this; unless u r training for the same thing or look...DO NOT FOLLOW A PERSON'S DIET PLAN!!!!

Example: I have a dear friend that is following the diet plan of some "Strong Man" that he read about in a magazine. I then asked him if he was planning on doing "Strong Men Competitions"?

The point is...if u r not going to go to a licensed sports nutritionist to get a real diet plan for what u desire ur results to be, find a diet plan from someone that has the same or close to goals as u.
    so i have done it all...now what?!

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Best celebrity diet I've ever seen listed...note that her body is more to our standards than most celebrities' bodies, too.

The thing I like most about it is that she EATS. LOL The next thing is that the foods sound enjoyable and she has a good amount of variety without things looking too complicated. Hopefully we'll start seeing more diets listed in magazines (other than oxygen and M&F Hers) that look like that.

Just noticed the "good or bad for a cut" part of the question. Hard to say without exact macros, but I'd at least up my protein sources and get rid of processed grains on an actual cut. I'd also ditch as much carbs from sugar as I could (wouldn't eat so much fruit or yogurt). I'd say this is a good diet for getting lean (like we've seen Jessica Biel), but not necessarily "cut." In other words, I think it's realistic to think you could look like Jessica Biel in "Chuck and Larry" by eating the way that's listed.
    Last edited by Amanda76; 02-14-2008 at 09:15 AM.

coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10) coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10) coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10) coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10) coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10) coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10) coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10) coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10) coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10) coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10) coffeebean is on a distinguished road. (+10)

S

Opinions?
    So, this looks pretty good to me. I think I will type in cals and macros in Fitday to see what she is eating. I had to go look her up on-line though because I don't know who she is beyond name. She looks good and fit but not ripped by any means. Nice figure but she is tall and young which usually means it is easier to look the way she does with less work. I was curious to know where the info on her "diet" came from. The site I am on right now lists her workout and diet as well but it is different than what is listed above.
    Jessica Biel?s Diet:

?Clean foods?? those that aren?t processed?are on the menu Walsh created. ?She eats complex carbs at the beginning of the day,? he says, ?and tapers off by the end.?

Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal with handful of berries.
    Snack: 1 slice whole wheat toast, 1-1 ? tbsp. of almond butter and sliced bananas on top.
    Lunch: Salad with 5-6 oz of chicken, vinaigrette dressing.
    Snack: A banana, apple or strawberries.
    Dinner: 6oz. of fish, plate full of veggies, 1/2 cup of low-glycemic basmati rice. Sweets A couple of pieces of dark chocolate.

Again this looks good but really light...I would have to type it into fitday to see but for her height, weight and activity level it looks pretty low cal.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
    So, this looks pretty good to me. I think I will type in cals and macros in Fitday to see what she is eating. I had to go look her up on-line though because I don't know who she is beyond name. She looks good and fit but not ripped by any means. Nice figure but she is tall and young which usually means it is easier to look the way she does with less work. I was curious to know where the info on her "diet" came from. The site I am on right now lists her workout and diet as well but it is different than what is listed above.
    Jessica Biel?s Diet:

?Clean foods?? those that aren?t processed?are on the menu Walsh created. ?She eats complex carbs at the beginning of the day,? he says, ?and tapers off by the end.?

Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal with handful of berries.
    Snack: 1 slice whole wheat toast, 1-1 ? tbsp. of almond butter and sliced bananas on top.
    Lunch: Salad with 5-6 oz of chicken, vinaigrette dressing.
    Snack: A banana, apple or strawberries.
    Dinner: 6oz. of fish, plate full of veggies, 1/2 cup of low-glycemic basmati rice. Sweets A couple of pieces of dark chocolate.

Again this looks good but really light...I would have to type it into fitday to see but for her height, weight and activity level it looks pretty low cal.

It'll still be kinda hard to say exactly what she's eating (what's "medium sized" when it comes to salmon filets, for example)?

I'm not digging the diet you found as much...but that's imagining it on it's own. If she rotated it in with the other diet listed, she'd be getting more protein with breakfast and the other meals would add a bit of variety.

pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A whole 14 oz can of beans? I hope she exercises alone...

Originally Posted by pgb2006 View Post

fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fitinidaho has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I totally agree strivefwd! She looks amazing, but I'd go for smoothie's instead of fruit juice. I worked out macros for a typical day and they work out at about 1860cals, 50g fat, 203g carbs and 176g protein (24/38/38)

Seems pretty awesome to me!
    If she is doing insane amounts of training...wouldnt she need more calories? I know at 1860 cals a day I would starve. I need at least 3200. Wonder what she weighs?

Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pgb2006 View Post
    lol

Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dangerousd37 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would be very leery of "celeb diets" in general. But this one does seem better than most I've seen. However, it does seem like she's eating a lot of carbs. We as the general public get a lot of misinformation about the stars and what they do or don't do. There are so many of them that will have trainers and have seemingly normal looking "diets" for a magazine, but what do they REALLY do? Just one instance was Britney Spears. She was eating cheetos, coffee and looking slim. Then it comes out she's taking diet pills. Then there are the celebs that have serious eating disorders like MaryKate and you see her with big cups of coffee. They may publish normal menus and exercise routinesfor magazines so their eating disorders and drug use isn't the focal point. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Don't try and compare yourself to the celebs. We are all differnt body types and so many factors factor in to them having the bodies they have. If you are looking for advice I would read the articles on here and ask some questions to the seasoned bb's than take something about a celeb. All the best!
    "NEVER GIVE UP AND NEVER STOP BELIEVING!!!"

"It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa

justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    Best celebrity diet I've ever seen listed...note that her body is more to our standards than most celebrities' bodies, too.

The thing I like most about it is that she EATS. LOL The next thing is that the foods sound enjoyable and she has a good amount of variety without things looking too complicated. Hopefully we'll start seeing more diets listed in magazines (other than oxygen and M&F Hers) that look like that.

Just noticed the "good or bad for a cut" part of the question. Hard to say without exact macros, but I'd at least up my protein sources and get rid of processed grains on an actual cut. I'd also ditch as much carbs from sugar as I could (wouldn't eat so much fruit or yogurt). I'd say this is a good diet for getting lean (like we've seen Jessica Biel), but not necessarily "cut." In other words, I think it's realistic to think you could look like Jessica Biel in "Chuck and Larry" by eating the way that's listed.
    2nd all this. and she has a great body, so glad to see someone with muscle be seen as a sexy hollywood bombshell. there's always curvy and there's always slender but there is rarely someone fit
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5975691 <my new superfly wellness journal

A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

One recognizes one's course by discovering the paths that stray from it.

Albert Camus

moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I too am weary of celeb diets ... but honestly even if she really does not eat that way all of the time ... it is a GREAT looking diet ... and it is well balanced. So in the big scheme of themes, she is promoting healthy eating ... and more importantly she is promoting EATING in general!!

She is a great role model for young girls because she is athletic, muscular and curvy all at the same time I wish there were more celebrities out there who looked like her and lived healthy athletic lifestyles like her to influence young girls.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing well!