Jjaden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest Day and shoulder Protection

Ok I have no idea what the hell it is with my family but my oldest brother, myself and my youngest brother have all seriously screwed up our shoulders during chest excersizes.

We all have totally different workouts and different body types and we all adhere to using proper form the only thing we really have in common is that we are all 6'3 or taller.

I've always done flat bench but recently tried stopping the bar about 1-2" from making contact with my chest and this seems a LOT better on my shoulder, my main problem is my upper chest is really lagging yet whenever I try any form of incline benching I experience sharp pain in my right shoulder.

I also find that my left pec muscle is larger than my right and my right shoulder is larger than my left. It's not a huge obvious difference but being symetry minded it's something that I'm a little distressed with.

My current chest routine is as such:

*Warmup

Flat Bench 4x8
    Incline Bench 3x8
    (This causes soreness and I'm looking to replace this excersize)
    Dips 3x8

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The pain seems to occur right behind the bone which joins the shoulder to the chest

ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you tried using dumbells? It could also be the volume you are using, how often you hit failure ect. Try lowering the volume and hitting failure only ONCE per workout at most, never more.

Will try again

Yah I almost never have a spotter around so I rarely go to failure but I come as close as possible.
    I only hit chest once a week for 10 sets total so I think I should be doing ok as far as overtraining goes.
    I have tried dumbells for incline but still have the pain but it seems to really hurt the back of my right shoulder a ****load when I go heavy with incline dumbells.

ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wasnt refering to overtraining, I was more refering to volume hitting your chest to hard. Do you feel the pain right away in chest workouts or more into your 3rd or 4th set?

No pain right away

No pain at all in flat bench now that I'm stopping an inch off of my chest, I feel it immediately with any form of incline bench in my first set.

What grip are you using? How far apart is what I mean? Do you feel the pain in the front delt or the whole area?

SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Chest Day and shoulder Protection

Originally posted by Jjaden

Incline Bench 3x8
    (This causes soreness and I'm looking to replace this excersize)
    sorry for being off topic... but's what's wrong with soreness?

My apologies..

I should have used the word 'pain' instead of soreness. And generally even soreness isn't something I strive for during a workout, only after.
    As for my grip I use a wide grip which and to be most specific I guess the pain isn't right in the delt but right behind the bone that joins the delt to the pectoral.