flgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Daily Caloric Intake for Weight Loss...

I'm going to be logging my daily intake to get my last 15 lbs. off. Anybody have ideas for menu plans...Talked with someone at BB.com when purchasing my supp's and they recommended the Zone. I have Getting Lean too. I'm thinking 1500 cal per day. Anyone have any ideas...

muslgrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have to have a calorie defict to lose weight. How much cardo do you do and how often?
    My off season diet looks something like this:
    Meal 1: 1/2 cup oatmeal with protien powder & piece of fruit
    Meal 2: Protien bar or mabe rice cakes with peanut butter
    Meal 3 Turkey sandwich w/ 1 oz fat free chips
    Meal 4; Protien pudding
    Meal 5: this varies but lean protien and veggies

Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devisissy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow I eat way more and still maintain under 1500 calories a day. See that's where I differ from most. I am trying to eat as much as I can but still be under 1500 a day. I'm willing to not eat bread and salty pre processed foods if it means I can eat more and feel fuller. Well here is a typical day. I work 14 hour shifts at night so I eat 8 meals. The 8th meal is what would be the morning.

Meal one is the 1/2 cup plain oatmeal with a tad of splenda, 2oz of turkey that I pre make into patties the week before so they measure right, and half of a half banana cut into the oatmeal.

Meal two is a protein shake and the other half of that banana. (usually this is after my workout)

Meal three is 3oz of whatever protein I am having chicken usually, 1 cup of veggies, and 1/2 cup of Jasmine rice or brown.

Meal four is 2oz of tuna usually, I buy it fresh in fillets at the grocery store, nothing in a can, 1/2 cup strawberries, but usually half a grapefruit.

Meal five is 2 to 3oz of protein, fish, turkey, chicken, whatever, 1 cup of veggies again the good stuff, broccoli, carrotts, cabbage, cauliflower, either a small yam or 1/2 cup rice, or sometimes a small, very small potato.

Meal six is 2oz chicken or fish and the other half of that grapefruit.

Meal seven is a Protein Bar

Meal eight 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese

Hope that helps.

the bigger the better nicoledominique's Avatar
    nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by flgirl View Post
    I'm going to be logging my daily intake to get my last 15 lbs. off. Anybody have ideas for menu plans...Talked with someone at BB.com when purchasing my supp's and they recommended the Zone. I have Getting Lean too. I'm thinking 1500 cal per day. Anyone have any ideas...
    Just wondering where you got 1500 cals/day from? I suggest using the equation posted below to figure out where you need to be. Caloric needs vary from person to person because of height and weight differences. Once you figure out how many calories you need to maintain your current bodyweight, just subtract from this number, but not too drastically...Start off with a 200-cal deficit first, and stay there for 2-3 weeks or until you stop losing. Then subtract by another 200 and stay there for 2-3 weeks.

__________________________________________________ _____________
    Basal Metabolic Rate

This is a method that calculates your basal metabolic rate, based on your height, weight and age. You expend energy no matter what you are doing, even when sleeping. Thus your Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day.

Women: 661 + (4.38 x weight in pounds) + (4.33 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age) = BMR

Men: 67 + (6.24 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.9 x age)= BMR

Take a 200 pound male who is 22 and is 5-10.

67 + (6.24 x 200) + (12.7 x 70) - (6.9 x 22) - ( 6.9 x 22 ) = 1986

Next you need to calculate your activity level for the day by multiplying your BMR x's the following number that suits you.

1.2-1.3 = Very Light
    1.5 for Moderate -
    1.6-1.7 for Heavy -
    1.8-2.1 for Insanely Rigorous

If his energy expenditure is moderate than I would multiply 1986 by 1.5 and get 2,979 calories to maintain his current bodyweight weight.

beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nicoledominique View Post
    Just wondering where you got 1500 cals/day from? I suggest using the equation posted below to figure out where you need to be. Caloric needs vary from person to person because of height and weight differences. Once you figure out how many calories you need to maintain your current bodyweight, just subtract from this number, but not too drastically...Start off with a 200-cal deficit first, and stay there for 2-3 weeks or until you stop losing. Then subtract by another 200 and stay there for 2-3 weeks.

__________________________________________________ _____________
    Basal Metabolic Rate

This is a method that calculates your basal metabolic rate, based on your height, weight and age. You expend energy no matter what you are doing, even when sleeping. Thus your Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day.

Women: 661 + (4.38 x weight in pounds) + (4.33 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age) = BMR

Men: 67 + (6.24 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.9 x age)= BMR

Take a 200 pound male who is 22 and is 5-10.

67 + (6.24 x 200) + (12.7 x 70) - (6.9 x 22) - ( 6.9 x 22 ) = 1986

Next you need to calculate your activity level for the day by multiplying your BMR x's the following number that suits you.

1.2-1.3 = Very Light
    1.5 for Moderate -
    1.6-1.7 for Heavy -
    1.8-2.1 for Insanely Rigorous

If his energy expenditure is moderate than I would multiply 1986 by 1.5 and get 2,979 calories to maintain his current bodyweight weight.
    I think I read this on T-nation, what is the difference for woman?
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by beby24 View Post
    I think I read this on T-nation, what is the difference for woman?
    There is a separate formula for men and women. Both are included in the post.

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by flgirl View Post
    1500 is a bit on the low side to start with. I think the zone is a great macro ratio. The one thing I would recommend with any diet is to make sure you don't stay on it for too many days in a row. Every 3 or 4 days, have a re-feed day where you eat at least maintenance level or slightly above. This will help prevent your metabolism from adapting to the new calorie level.

checat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

So then a question plz-z..

Are my Calculations correct?

661+ (4.38 x 120pd) + (4.33 X 61 inches tall) - (4.7 x 36 age)
    661 + (525.6) + (264.13) - (169.2) = 1282 BMR

1282(BMR) X 1.2 very light activity
    Then per your suggestion to begin at a 200 cal deficit;
    1538.4 -200 (cal. deficit) = 1338?

Does a 1338 cal. meal plan for a 36 year old @ a light activity level seem a bit high?

the bigger the better nicoledominique's Avatar
    nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If the information you provided is correct, then your calculations would be right.

You can basically eat below 1666/day (BMR x 1.3) and lose weight, however, since your BMR is 1281.53, never allow yourself to lower your calories beyond this point -- that will only send your body into starvation mode and get you no where fast.

Good Luck!

checat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Thank-UUUUU!

Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ohh thanks for that info! That really helped me out! I was just browsing through the forums...great info!

Originally Posted by nicoledominique View Post
    If the information you provided is correct, then your calculations would be right.

You can basically eat below 1666/day (BMR x 1.3) and lose weight, however, since your BMR is 1281.53, never allow yourself to lower your calories beyond this point -- that will only send your body into starvation mode and get you no where fast.

Good Luck!