US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

if casein is in milk then..........

Then do you guys take your immediate post workout shake with water?...........Considering casein is slow digesting and in that instance you want fast absorbtion What do you use?

personally i use milk in my shake, but what would be better?
    Last edited by US-Marine; 12-23-2001 at 07:57 PM.

Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The best thing to use for post work out is whey protein. But people debate is it better to take the whey with water or milk. I say it doesn't matter, because I mean if the whey digest faster than the milk the whey will digest then the milk will digest after the whey. Some people say taking milk with the whey will slow the digestion of the whey, but I think that is wrong. Thats just what I think. But for post work out the best thing to take is whey protein.

Bounty Killer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use low fat milk to make my shake!

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I use non fat milk and whey..1 liter of skim milk with a serving of 100% optimum whey...tastes great and so cheap.

I really doubt that casein will interfere with the absorption of whey....
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McMahon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No its not the casein, its the lactose that slows digestion. Take about 40 grams of whey with 2 cups of water and then drink a cup of grape juice. Milk is good about an hour later with a big meal and right before you go to bed.

BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i use 2% milk...now granted it isnt the fastest digesting liquid in the world, but mixing it with water or milk should make no difference...thats like mixing alchohol and milk...the alchohol will still go to your head in 10 mins, no matter what you mix it with...

jimi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    speaking of whey after workouts.. how soon should it be taken after? immediately? cause if im at the gym, i gotta get home to take it

BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well yeah i take it immediately after working out...

Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I hear you should take it 20-30 minutes after workout, while I have heard from others take it within 10 minutes after you work out. I would say taking it when you get home from the gym is fine. I think Arnold said though that it is best to take it like 30 minutes after working out. Then to have a big meal like an hour after that.

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: if casein is in milk then..........

Originally posted by US-Marine
    Then do you guys take your immediate post workout shake with water?...........Considering casein is slow digesting and in that instance you want fast absorbtion What do you use?

post workout, i mix whey in water, any other time, its with milk
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the ideal post workout shake would have 40 grams of simple carbs(dextrose, maltodextrin, sucrose, etc.) and 50 grams of a fast assimilating protein(whey). taking milk with the whey will not hinder the fast absorption of the whey. the casein within the milk(75%) will just be absorbed slower. theoretically, the lactose(milk sugar) is a low glycemic carb and will not raise your insulin levels much, which(high insulin) is desirable after your workout, but will not negatively impact your post workout nutrition. and for anybody still unsure about it, post workout is the best time to take creatine for maximum absorption. i am not saying taking it before will not produce results, but the most efficient time is to take it afterwards. unless you're using the serum and you wont see results regardless of what time you take it.

got natural bodybuilding questions? ask ntrlmuscle

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Bump on Ntrlmuscle. I take about 40 grams whey, 2 cups milk, and 3 TBSPs Honey for my post workout shake.

norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10) norburt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i mix it with soy milk before bed

Originally Posted by US-Marine View Post

soy milk

LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    you have to digest milk. water goes a little faster
    180 Bench
    290 Squat
    300 Deadlift
    160 Clean

Im a wrestler, not a bodybuilder.

Dont make fun of me for being 130, make fun of me for being short

joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50) joetompkins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    strong 8 year bumps lol

Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i.....
    love......
    milk..........
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends" - One Stab, Legends of The Fall

"I try to **** once a week with no fap in between. Bishes love my passion. No fap is Spartan." -ErsatzSpartan

lol oh boy. i have red blocks. well i got news for you ****er, Gumby was green, and Gumby was a *******. cheeriy on mate. at the end of the day your still 152lbs lolz were had.-EHPMH400

mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by norburt View Post
    soy milk
    strong idiot nice 8 year bump