hossy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hossy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hossy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hossy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

just HOW far on dips.....

curious as to how low you are supposed to go on dips. I'm performing it mainly as a tricep excercise (yes I know it works other groups).....currently I am dropping pretty far, but notice an uncomfortable stretch in my shoulders/chest......I don't want to cheat though on ROM.....or should I just be dropping enough to slightly beyond 90 degrees between forearm and bicep???

The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Unforsaken is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    90 degrees is the goal, but never go any further than your shoulders allow. Do not work through the shoulder pain!

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your upper arm should never go lower than parallel to the ground.

best,
    lifer
    They ARE who we THOUGHT they were.....

John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John Fenwick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    NEVER EVER go below parallel on these, can't stress this enough if you don't want a 1st shoulder dislocation in the making.
    2nd place is the 1st loser.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    upper arms ~parallel to ground
    <->

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Full range of motion. Your upper arms should be vertical and elbows pointing at ceiling. . .

Just Kidding Upper arms parallel to floor like everyone said.
    neg reds on sight crew

failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    go to where its comfortable. If you do these with proper form and your shoulders still dont feel right you might not have strong enough shoulders yet. if this is the case stay away from them until you get your military presses and lateral raises stronger and then come back to the dip bar.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Rocky_Maivia
    Full range of motion. Your upper arms should be vertical and elbows pointing at ceiling. . .

<->

Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

your forearm should make complete contact with biceps, hands almost touching shoulder with elbow pointing at the ceiling.
    Self improvement is masturbation.

hossy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hossy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hossy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hossy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Saviour
    your forearm should make complete contact with biceps, hands almost touching shoulder with elbow pointing at the ceiling.

hey saviour you were about 20 minutes late on that attempt dude.....someone else already beat you to the punch....

nice try though.....

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hossy
    curious as to how low you are supposed to go on dips. I'm performing it mainly as a tricep excercise (yes I know it works other groups).....currently I am dropping pretty far, but notice an uncomfortable stretch in my shoulders/chest......I don't want to cheat though on ROM.....or should I just be dropping enough to slightly beyond 90 degrees between forearm and bicep???
    the upper part of arm parallel to ground
    if you want good training advice , dont ask the biggest guy in the gym. ask the guy who's made the most improvement

MoGame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Saviour
    OMG, don't tell me you read the first joke, then you made this one.

Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saviour will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Originally Posted by MoGame
    OMG, don't tell me you read the first joke, then you made this one.
    nah...I was serious
    Self improvement is masturbation.

lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lonewolfshome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    upper arms parallel to the ground no further
    if you want good training advice , dont ask the biggest guy in the gym. ask the guy who's made the most improvement

Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50) Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50) Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50) Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50) Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50) Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50) Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50) Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50) Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50) Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50) Molester will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What most other people have said - upper arms parallel, so the elbows form a 90 degree angle.