Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question sucking in stomach = works abs ????

im just curious if sucking in your stomach works your abs
    its weird how your abs get sore if you do it for ages
    "If it helps them to justify why I am a pro and they are not, they will believe that I walk around with a blatter pack of test on an I.V. drip all day long" - Lee Priest

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it put my money on the crunches

Kutulus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its the same idea as if u keep ur biceps flexed all day they will be sore...

i doubt this helps muscle growth...

Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs down

i doubt it

i might work ure diagphragm tho (that how u spell diagphragm)
    The human body is the best picture of the human soul.

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff
    Nah it doesn't. I've been sucking in my stomach for a while and it doesn't work a damn thing. Maybe if you flex it, but sucking in is completely different.
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

Mickey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I once read something about it. Some pleople say it works for the inside. They say it can make your stomach flatter. Some BB swear by it...But nothing is ever proven.

JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JollySwagman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ok thanks
    interesting
    "If it helps them to justify why I am a pro and they are not, they will believe that I walk around with a blatter pack of test on an I.V. drip all day long" - Lee Priest

=w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) =w= is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Vacums do work your abs - try to suck your belly button back to your spine try 10 sets of 10 secoond holds.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    vacuums don't build muscle but can be useful for tightening up your waist. They are also good in contests. Judges love em' if you can do them and not many people can. There was only one other guy in my contest who could do them besides me. (they aren't easy;, at least doing them where i can suck in so far that i can push my diaphram back and up a couple of inches)
    Peace

Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000) Tony is just really nice. (+1000)
    I cant do crunches because of a back problem, so I just felx my abbs as hard as I fuking can for 4-5 seconds 3 sets of 12 and over the summer when I was cut up I had an 8 pack, now that I am bulking again I am down to 4

jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i've been doing vacuums for a month now. it's supposed to be good for flattening your stomach. i think it's working..not 100% sure though because i'm cutting at the same time
    *** BMB Founder and President ***

Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

littleguy123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) littleguy123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) littleguy123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) littleguy123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) littleguy123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) littleguy123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) littleguy123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jehst
    i've been doing vacuums for a month now. it's supposed to be good for flattening your stomach. i think it's working..not 100% sure though because i'm cutting at the same time
    How are you doing them?

jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jehst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by littleguy123
    How are you doing them?
    here is a site with info, instructions, and a video on vacuums

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm
    *** BMB Founder and President ***

Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

D-Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    they are listed under the ab exercies for bb.com

Registered User SilvrBckGorilla's Avatar
    SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    vacuums don't build muscle but can be useful for tightening up your waist. They are also good in contests. Judges love em' if you can do them and not many people can. There was only one other guy in my contest who could do them besides me. (they aren't easy;, at least doing them where i can suck in so far that i can push my diaphram back and up a couple of inches)
    Peace
    x2.

Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hav0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IMO getting size for the abz, its all about the squeeze and contraction.

Works for me and i only use bodyweight.

Airjordan1984 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Vacuums will shrink your waistline. They do give you better control of your abs though. Try them in different positions, standing upright, bent over, and once you can hold those for at least a minute try doing them while sitting it is very hard to master

MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No it doesn't lol. I naturally suck in my stomach and find it uncomfortable to not suck it in. It straightens my lower back though.. lulz..
    *****OFFICIAL MISC PHOTOGRAPHY CREW*****
    ◄FILMM∆KERS CR€W►
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ

"You don't need God to know good people exist, but you need good people to know God exists."
    -MarkA15

majjohnsmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JollySwagman View Post
    Huh

arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) arctic_wave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    strong bumps
    www.********.com/Uprisingfitness

Got a Fitness Page. Plz 'Like'.

I wrote a eBook called "Getting Workout Ready In A Jiffy" for old newbs

thank you.

noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobkins is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yup, it helps a lot.
    Also, suck it in when doing ab work outs
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm
    United States Marine Corps
    Chesty Puller FOR PRESIDENT.

Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Airjordan1984 View Post
    Vacuums will shrink your waistline. They do give you better control of your abs though. Try them in different positions, standing upright, bent over, and once you can hold those for at least a minute try doing them while sitting it is very hard to master
    i do it while sitting all the time.

different positions "standing upright, bent over, sitting" I lol'd

lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10) lefthookright is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah it works the transversus abdominus.
    Last edited by lefthookright; 10-07-2009 at 07:50 PM.

nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    you can feel the muscle get tight so maybe i have the book. "THE BOOK OF MUSCLE" and one of the exercises it has you do is the tummy tuck and hold for five seconds and it has you do it for a lot of the program too

jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcolson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by =w= View Post
    Vacums do work your abs - try to suck your belly button back to your spine try 10 sets of 10 secoond holds.
    Exactly

It isnt going to work your abdominals. but it works deeper muscles that actually wrap around your waist much like a belt. As it gets stronger, it sucks the waist in.

Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    Peace
    So is it just sucking in your gut? i don't understand what it is..

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No it works your Transversus Abdominis.

This exercise is actually called stomach vacuums, its a very good exercise for developing the adonis belt and also tightning the waist as the TA muscle pulls the abdominal wall back, if one has strong ab muscle but a weak TA muscle due to the fact they dont train it then there abs will start to protrude, often seen in pro wrestlers and some bodybuilders these days.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Holty View Post
    So is it just sucking in your gut? i don't understand what it is..
    Suck in your stomach as far as you can trying to pull your belly button through your back, you should be able to feel your transversus abdominis muscle contract if you have a good MMC (muscle mind connection) going on.

When i suck in tight i cant relly focus on squeezing and contracting my TA muscle, espically in the lower area of the TA muscle which creates the adonis belt.

Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scarfdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Contracting the ab muscles and holding this contraction for an extended duration of time.

The benefit to this is that it will help the abs learn how to remain contracted, which will help when it comes to keeping them slightly flexed, allowing the muscularity to show even more.

As you’ve likely done before, if you stand in the mirror and flex your abs they look better, right? Well, the more isometric contractions you do, the more habitual this type of positioning will become, and you’ll likely start to keep them contracted to a slight degree all the time without really noticing it.

This could include performing the plank exercise and variations of that or simply tensing your abs, holding for 10 seconds and releasing. Repeat this tense/hold combo 5 to 10 times a couple of times a day and you should notice a difference in a few weeks.
    "Pain is temporary, but failure lasts a lifetime"

http://www.brunosfitness.com/

Hop on the juice because of severe insecurity issues and continue on that downward spiral.

I do look down on people who juice recreational (a.k.a people who juice simply for looks and do not get paid for it) and consider myself better than them automatically.

If your worrying about the size of your biceps (instead of the size of your testicles)... you're probably a failure at life on many levels.

DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Contraction in itsel is isometric resistance and it works.
    It's like pushing with your hands at the sides between a doorway.
    That works your chest.

But what sucking the stomach is very good for is training your body to get the abs activated in every movement you do. They train your mind-to-muscle link. People with a bloated round belly are not only fat but they also have unresponsive dead abs.

Last edited by DorianJ; 03-04-2010 at 08:29 PM.