jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Legs and Back have their own day? (reps)

Hey guys, sorry for the weird title, anyway, I workout 5 days per week and of course I do different muscle parts on different day. I have a day for chest, a day for biceps, a day for triceps, a day for shoulders and a day for my leg and back(same day). However, many ppl advice me to set a own day for my leg and back, instead of having them on the same day. Why? what's wrong with having them on the same day? Even pros tell me to do that? should i take their words or just continue doing what i am doing? And yea, if i want to put chest day with biceps or triceps, which should i put it with? chest and biceps or chest and triceps? Sorry guys for the noobish questions. Any help will be appreciated and yea...REPS will be given!! Thanks guys! peace~
    JC Fitness: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCewkynsCiJ-lJJqBDdYAzjw/videos

Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You give a tiny muscle group like your Biceps a whole day, and then have two HUGE muscle groups grouped together? How on earth do you plan to maintain the same intensity for your legs and back as you would for your arms?

Think about this rationally. By the time you would be done with your Legs, do you really think you would have enough steam left to do a quality back workout? (or vice-versa)

You should definately give your Legs and Back their own day. Put your arms along with Chest and Back.
    I prefer putting Triceps with the Back and Biceps with the Chest, for two reasons:
    1) You will be hitting those muscles as they are fresh, and not fatigued by the larger muscle, thus getting a more intensive workout.
    2) By doing it this way, you get a higher frequency. SO for example, say on monday you do Chest/Bis, then on Wednesday you do Back/Tris. Your Biceps will actually get stimulated on both of those days. This equals more growth.
    Last edited by Mysterious One; 08-04-2007 at 05:34 AM. Reason: spelling.

Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also, if you DO have enough energy to work those two muscle groups on the same day, you aren't working them hard enough.

bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you work everything once a week but bis and tris together. give legs and back their own day. The reason being if you train your legs hard enough the way you are supposed to there is no way in the world you are going to be able to have a even half decent back lift and vice versa.
    Just live your life with God inside. You wont regret one moment of it. Give all that you have for God.

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    legs
    chest ,shoulders, triceps
    back, biceps

rest
    repeat
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

Insert custom user title mark118's Avatar
    mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jackfast1 View Post
    legs
    back, biceps

rest
    repeat
    goood stuff!

crazy giving biceps or tris there own day
    ** I rep back **

If I havent repped back within a week, PM me, i'm on recharge now but working n it

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What about calves, neck, and forearms? They should each have their own day too.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Originally Posted by rockhuddy View Post
    What about calves, neck, and forearms? They should each have their own day too.
    While we're at it, what about fingers?

Toes too.

Genetically Challenged Determ1ned's Avatar
    Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50) Determ1ned will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Splits have always worked for me.

Chest/tri
    Back/bi
    Shoulers/traps
    Legs

By doing the heavy compound workouts, youre going to be hitting the smaller muscle groups like bi's and tri's anyways, so theres no need in giving those their own day.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jackfast1 View Post
    legs
    back, biceps

rest
    repeat
    yea good routine. i was on it. now i do this :

back + shoulder
    legs + tricep
    chest + bicep

AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Back definitely deserves its own day as do legs. In fact, I've even begun splitting quads and hams because I'm too spent after quads to do anything but abs. Here's my split:

1-Quads/Abs
    2-Back
    3-Chest
    4-Off
    5-Hams/Delts/Traps
    6-Arms/Calves
    7-Off
    Bonecrshr #9

"Do or do not. There is no try."
    -Yoda

I will rep you back if you send me a pm with a link to a post in it (yes lazy).

mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mplsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hmmm

I believe after legs, back is your biggest bodypart. Give the two their own day, or you just dont care about them? If your bombing legs how can you have enough energy to hit back on the same day, unless you're doing two a days (and I still couldn't do it). Unless your back and chest are really advanced and you have a baby arms, I'd switch it up. Your arms and everything else will probably get bigger anyways once you concentrate more on back and legs.

jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

If you are working with true high intensity for legs and back they need their own day. If you are doing squats, deads and rows they are very taxing to your CNS and should have their own day. You should be wiped out by the end of a session with proper intensity.

Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just leave a separate day for grip training.
    BTDT