Location: somewhere in the fedal position recovering from lactic acid
    StrungOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Full Diet and exercise routine - please critique

Alright, my goal is to cut my bodyfat while retaining as much muscle as possible so this is my first attempt at cutting and naturally the only people i can ask diet questions dont know near as much as you guys. so spread the knowledge and enlighten me.

right now, i am 21 yrs old 5'10" and weigh 180lbs and have yet to get bf% checked yet but will soon(when i think the # is low enough to hear!:O)

my workout schedule is as follows:
    monday: back and biceps day
    Lat pull down
    Seated row
    shoulder raise
    back raise
    reverse sit ups
    behind neck press

tuesday: cardio
    this basically consists of any cardio i can fit in between classes. last time it was a 5 mile run and yesterday it was hiit for 20 minutes.

wednesday: chest and triceps day
    incline bench
    iso-lateral bench(regular bench but with a machine, no one to spot me)
    tricep pull down(cable)
    skull crushers
    dips

Thursday:cardio
    again same schedule as tuesday, whatever i can fit in.

Friday: leg and ab
    weighted incline sit ups
    chair leg raises
    sit ups with cable weight(ask me if you dont know, i could explain)
    calf raises
    squats

saturday and sunday i dont do much which may become a problem but my body needs time to recover.

an example of one day of my diet is as follows(this is not what i eat every day but an example of one day)
    8:00am - 2 eggs 1/4 cup shredded cheese 2 srv sausage patties

12:00 - salad w/ bacon bits turkey cobb cheese and ranch dressing

1:30 - workout ended at 1:30 then salted peanuts - immediatley post workout

2:00 - breaded chicken fingers with ranch dressing (soonest i could find real food after workout, hope breading would be my post workout carbs)

4:30 - 8 0z chicken breast with 2 slices bacon

7:00 - 1 srv sausage links 1.5 srv sausage patties
    I lost the paper that broke down fat cal carb and protein individually but held onto paper with totals which are:
    Cal - 1860
    fat - 137
    carb - 9.5
    protein - 160

supplements that i use include: thermodynamx - multivitamin(centrum w/ lycopene) - b complex and ground flax seed - also 6 grams prolab glutamine.
    my water intake exceeds 1.5 gallons daily

If any of the experts or members willing to lend some constructive criticism or comments see anything wrong or needing to be changed i would greatly appreciate it as this diet can be disasterous if not done properly. THANKS A TON FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE AS THIS BOARD IS MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGABLE THAN MOST!!
    also, i will get some pics soon to for critique. thanks again!
    Last edited by StrungOut; 09-22-2004 at 05:47 PM. Reason: forgot to add supplement

bigbruiser56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not really an expert here bro, but I have read a lot about the keto diet and have been on it for a few weeks, but your diet doesn't look bad. Imo, you need some more fat, I have trouble with that, too. It's hard to get the fat you need w/o boosting your protien up, but once again that's just me. I'm not going to critique your workout, b/c I think that's up to you. It looks good, I do more cardio, but I am also a bigger guy and I don't run 5 miles in one cardio workout (that's just a lil nuts for me). But I would just try to get more fat in your diet. Hope this helps bro, and like i said i'm not an expert.

Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ditch the peanuts for almonds. Get rid of the breaded chicken. You need some kind of decent post w.o shake. Too many sausage links and patties. There are much better, cleaner protein/fat meats out there.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Haywood Jablome
    Ditch the peanuts for almonds. Get rid of the breaded chicken. You need some kind of decent post w.o shake. Too many sausage links and patties. There are much better, cleaner protein/fat meats out there.
    Bump this!

My comments are:

The breading will have to go.

Your back/biceps days is actually back/delts is that right?

How many sets of squats are you doing? Since from the looks of things you're doing more for tri's than legs.

You need some fish or something in there, and/or some omega three oils.

Hope that helps.

Location: somewhere in the fedal position recovering from lactic acid
    StrungOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys, the breaded chicken was a one time thing and only b/c i read that you need carbs after a workout. so that meal was after a workout. i have since learned that i need about 30g protein and 30g dextrose/maltodextrin pwo.

hollywood thanks for the tip about the almonds ill check that out.
    also, could you give me some examples of cleaner proteins/fats please, im having trouble finding clean meals.

thanks chimp - i am using ground flax seeds, but i have been told by chi_town that oil is much better more concentrated.

i will tweak my workout and see if the tips help. thanks so far guys.

Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some examples are salmon, cottage cheese, natural peanut butter, tuna (I mix mine with salad dressing), grill up some skinless chicken breasts and make your own chicken ceasar salad minus the croutons of course. Hope this helps. Udo's Choice oil is a good fat supplement for getting some more healthy fats in. Dont know if you have access to it.