SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100)

FootBall Question

I am a junior in High School plaining on tryingout for football next year or maybe Spring Ball this year. I want to become running back or full back. I was wondering besides the powerlifts, what RUNNING practices or drills should I work on or do? Please explain the drills also.

Bulking March 21, 2005
    Weight: 150lbs
    Height: 6'1
    BF%: ~20%

Chyno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100) SKtreat is not very well liked. (-100)
    bump to a question? Whatever.
    Bulking March 21, 2005

futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont mean to bust your bubble but im just going to hit you with a reality stick, if your football team is any good at all you wont jump on the football team your senior year and become a running back.

anyways to condition yourself get on the BFS program www.biggerfasterstronger.com
    "My problem is that my parents are here and so is my brother. It will look kind of suspicious with me walking into the bathroom with a frozen chicken breast. We have no salmon here either, but I can get the salmon fillets this weekend and stick it in my ass on Monday morning when everyone is gone.

I don't mind sticking the fish in my ass (no homo) its just getting it past my parents that's going to be the delay."

- sXeWarrior

our school football team was 4-5
    been open for 20+ years and last year they finally won the schools first homecomming game.

They aren't all that, but they are decent NOW.
    Bulking March 21, 2005

I am not expecting to start, I just want to make Varsity. IF I could play it would be great, but I don't think it will happen.

By the way,
    what position do you play?

And do you have to get a magazine subscription to get the program? or is it just hidding somewhere on the site.
    Bulking March 21, 2005

futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) futballman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you can find the weight lifting chart somewheres online im sure..

i am a sophomore im 2nd string linebacker and guard for varsity

however on junior varsity i start both linebacker and guard our record is 2-0 right now woohoo

i bet your wondering how the hell do i start on the offensive line and as a linebacker because in most offences guards are big fat guys.

our highschool runs the Wing-T which needs quick strong guards who can pull and trap people

my stats are in the sig.
    "My problem is that my parents are here and so is my brother. It will look kind of suspicious with me walking into the bathroom with a frozen chicken breast. We have no salmon here either, but I can get the salmon fillets this weekend and stick it in my ass on Monday morning when everyone is gone.

I don't mind sticking the fish in my ass (no homo) its just getting it past my parents that's going to be the delay."

- sXeWarrior

My friend plays for another school around my area and its his first year ever and he made varisty. He is 2nd string Defensive tackle (which is the Backup Captain for his team) and a backup TightEnd aswell in his first year.

I know I could make JV football right now. They are all like 5feet tall and weigh around 130 pounds of fat.
    Bulking March 21, 2005

at my school you have to be damn good to be 2nd string as a sophomore, my school is always deep into the playoffs ever year.. quarter or semi finals but i dont plan on settling just for that my senior year

- sXeWarrior

yea, our school team doesn't make it to the playoffs, I don't think they have in history. They might this year though.

Does the BFS magizine have the workouts in them? and like tips/drills?
    Bulking March 21, 2005

yea i guess i dont know, my school is on that program, i dont know how my head coach has all the **** for it. but the website has info just look around on it

- sXeWarrior

I don't see anything for programs. Only like the CD/Videos you need to buy and magizines.

Can you tell me what you do for football? and how many reps per set on most things? and any werid workouts?

My friend on the football team told me about this werid workout its like. Grab the barbell with weight, and then throw it in the air like a military press but not over your head, Just infront of you and up like \o that
    Bulking March 21, 2005

bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    quit being a bitch and play this season, coach will still let you if you bust your ass all the time, unless youve had cuts already, then play rugby in the winter

1: we don't have rugby
    2: season has started Already finished preseason and the first game
    3: coach won't accept anyone now(i have already talked to him about that)
    Bulking March 21, 2005

bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok, in that case, sorry

no problem, i would love to join now if I could but I personally don't think I am the shape to join half way threw the condictioning
    Bulking March 21, 2005

Hannibal18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello there,
    here is a good football program. http://bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi44.htm . if i where you i would do the stage 2-3 program for about 4 months then just follow up on the program till next year.

if you want to be a RB or FB i would run 40 yard dash's and some 100 yard sprints... also make sure you do track this spring

football is all about haveing good legs.. so make sure you push yourself on squats and Power Cleans.. no slacking or else you have no shot at playing.

to be a RB or FB you need to get your 40 time down to alteast 4.9

pure_power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, there is so much bullsh*t flying around in these posts that it's almost sickening. Running 40's, 100's, doing cleans, squats, etc. won't make you into the (fit in your adjective) running back alone. You need to train all aspects. It is not as simple as saying..."Hey...do 500 situps....run some 40's, 100's....follow the BFS program and you'll be on your way to a more talented you." To be honest, it's hard to fully describe what needs to be in a strength and conditioning program in a simple message over the internet. Simply said, it is a combination of speed, dynamic power, maximal power, strength endurance, flexibility, range of motion, strength mobility, positional work and overall conditioning. I'm sure I'm missing one aspect or another, but this gives you the general idea. If you're serious about wanting to train (and I do mean serious), just private message me and I'll try to help you out as much as possible. Cookie cutters programs don't always work for everyone....*cough* BFS.
    What motivates you?

yea i already spoke with the football coach, the wrestling coach, and the track coach.

I am signing up for track in spring and right now I am in wrestling condictioning for the free gym and just get a feel for the school sports and coaches.
    Bulking March 21, 2005

Registered User rawcanadamuscle's Avatar
    rawcanadamuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcanadamuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was a Linebacker and full back in college and highschool, for backs alot of squats and leg presses, for backers they need it all but consintrate on explosive power lifts

Originally Posted by pure_power
    Ok, there is so much bullsh*t flying around in these posts that it's almost sickening. Running 40's, 100's, doing cleans, squats, etc. won't make you into the (fit in your adjective) running back alone. You need to train all aspects. It is not as simple as saying..."Hey...do 500 situps....run some 40's, 100's....follow the BFS program and you'll be on your way to a more talented you." To be honest, it's hard to fully describe what needs to be in a strength and conditioning program in a simple message over the internet. Simply said, it is a combination of speed, dynamic power, maximal power, strength endurance, flexibility, range of motion, strength mobility, positional work and overall conditioning. I'm sure I'm missing one aspect or another, but this gives you the general idea. If you're serious about wanting to train (and I do mean serious), just private message me and I'll try to help you out as much as possible. Cookie cutters programs don't always work for everyone....*cough* BFS.

you guys should definately write a book. you could get rich. I mean i havent tried very many programs but i do know the BFS worked the best out of the ones i have tried. Also many highschool,college, and pro football teams use it.

maybe if you write a book every one will see that these "cookie cutter" programs are pure ****.
    BFS system focuses on the CORE of your body which is extremely vital for football. also on speed, and foot quickness

i dont want to seem like im trying to be the spokesman for BFS but the guy asked a question and i simply answerd it with my opinion. no place did i post bull****.

these are my gains for the summer on BFS
    bench from 250 to 300
    squat 340 to 385
    deadlift 385 to 420

40 time 5.1 to 4.8

if you ask me thats pretty damn good gains for not even 3 months on a "cookie cutter" program

- sXeWarrior

how the hell did you get a 50lbs gain on bench in less then 3 months...

Please teach me :-)
    Bulking March 21, 2005

pure_power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by futballman
    you guys should definately write a book. you could get rich. I mean i havent tried very many programs but i do know the BFS worked the best out of the ones i have tried. Also many highschool,college, and pro football teams use it.

maybe if you write a book every one will see that these "cookie cutter" programs are pure ****.
    BFS system focuses on the CORE of your body which is extremely vital for football. also on speed, and foot quickness

i dont want to seem like im trying to be the spokesman for BFS but the guy asked a question and i simply answerd it with my opinion. no place did i post bull****.

these are my gains for the summer on BFS
    bench from 250 to 300
    squat 340 to 385
    deadlift 385 to 420

40 time 5.1 to 4.8

if you ask me thats pretty damn good gains for not even 3 months on a "cookie cutter" program
    BFS is a good program for high school athletics. Basically you can throw kids into in and they'll get gains simply because it's probably the first program they're on. Knowing how I said this though, you'll come back with a witty retort saying, " I was on (x) program and didn't get the gains I do now with BFS." Ok, understandable. There are some positives to BFS though. They have a good beginner program and also condone variety in their workout selections, but why start something when it is destined to fail? BFS's system does not lend itself to individual's weaknesses, and I have some big time issues with they're beliefs on box squatting (hey...no bouncing and it should be at least within 2 inches of parallel). I find it funny how now they're advocating the use of chains as well (wonder where they got that from?). As for focusing on the core of the body, any program can do that if done correctly. Speed and foot quickness? Attributes that can be developed as well without the so called assistance of BFS. Hey, I'll admit the program can be good for beginners and those who are relatively inexperienced to strength training and conditioning, but it won't be very successful in the long run.

If you run with the lame, you'll develop a limp...
    What motivates you?