blazin_billy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow How do Deadlifts work?

I have always wondered what deadlifts really do? I mean, isn't it a sqaut but the weight is just infront of you instead of above?

I keep hearing ppl say it works you hams and overall back!

How!?!?

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: How do Deadlifts work?

Originally posted by blazin_billy
    I have always wondered what deadlifts really do? I mean, isn't it a sqaut but the weight is just infront of you instead of above?

How!?!?
    best way to answer your questions is to try it out, and make sure you read up on how to do them properly:

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....rticle=194dead

http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthl...s.asp?exid=164

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I have always wondered what deadlifts really do? I keep hearing ppl say it works you hams and overall back!
    deads work your grip, traps, abs, lumbar, glutes, hamstrings, quads, and to some extent your biceps, hips, and entire back.

a must have in every workout routine!

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

How!?!?
    your legs are pushing backwards...by simple biomechanics, the hamstrings MUST contract

your back starts with your torsoforward, as you pull back, the back must work

leg press works hammies, squats work hammies, all those motions work hammies

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re: Re: How do Deadlifts work?

Originally posted by SDFlipStyle
    deads work your grip, traps, abs, lumbar, glutes, hamstrings, quads, and to some extent your biceps, hips, and entire back.

a must have in every workout routine!
    ^^

FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FF Punk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up Re: Re: How do Deadlifts work?

Originally posted by unity
    best way to answer your questions is to try it out, and make sure you read up on how to do them properly:

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....rticle=194dead

http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthl...s.asp?exid=164
    Great post.