Thread: Meals on the go

SEADRA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Meals on the go

I start Grad school next week and I'm a little worried. I wont be at home so much and I'm on a really good eating schedule. Are there any good portable meals I can take, Protien bars what are the best kinds because my research says to try to stray from P. bars.

candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try beef jerky, tuna, boiled eggs, PB & J etc...
    Cutting
    164lbs. 9/11/03
    181.75lbs. 9/6/04
    6.5% BF 9/6/04

Mod @ http://www.bbforums.com

candle25@cyber-rights.net

Girlie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    will you have a main office you'll get to work out of?
    (for example, I'm in grad school now and I share an office with the other grad students. the office has a mini-fridge where I can put all my food for the day)

alternatively flourless peanut butter cookies, flourless oatmeal cookies, and meringue cookies made with splenda instead of sugar are portable and won't spoil.

a small cooller lunch box with an ice pack will keep hardboiled eggs, tuna or other lunch meat, or dinner leftovers from spoiling. I also like to bring soup in a thermos that I made the weekend before.

also, some schools have microwaves strategically placed around campus. . .

fruit or a plastic bag of veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and celery) are easy to throw in your bag. You could put peanut butter on celery and throw that in a bag. . . . the possibilities are endless. . . just pretend you're back in elementary school

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I carry a little cooler with me the days I have class. I make myself a low-carb pasta, tuna, cottage cheese combo and eat it cold like a pasta salad. I add in an apple, tub of yoghurt, the occasional protein bar, rice crackers with natural PB, nuts etc

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: Meals on the go

Originally posted by SEADRA
    I start Grad school next week and I'm a little worried. I wont be at home so much and I'm on a really good eating schedule. Are there any good portable meals I can take, Protien bars what are the best kinds because my research says to try to stray from P. bars.
    * Home made protein bars/slice - things like oats, oatbran, egg-whites, protein-powders, applesauce, nut butters etc can make pretty tasty and easily portable meals.

* Hard Boiled Eggs

* Tupperware is your friend - pre-make meals and store them in the fridge/freezer, then just grab one each morning before you head off. For example - Cook up a big pot of brown rice and steamed vegetables. Distribute into some containers (one for each day) and then, as you are heading out the door in the morning, grab one container and add a can of tuna (or grab a can to take with you) and away you go.

* Fruit and fat free yoghurt tubs are easily portable

* Small tins of legumes (chick-peas/beans) can easily be taken to work with a fork and a can of tuna. Just drain out the fluid when you get there... Or, alternatively, drain them of an evening and put them into a container with some chicken/tuna/egg whites, and some salad and just 'shake it all together' when you want to eat it.

* Tubs of cottage cheese are easy to take with you. A tub is ~ 1 cup worth (about 250 cals) and if you add 1 tbs peanut butter/1 tbs of almond butter (another 120 cals) you have a 'meal in a tub' (just open the tub, mix it through and close it back up again). If you want, take some vegetable strips (celery or cucumber - calorie free and filling) to 'dip' into the mix. Easy, quick and tasty.

* Add some berries, oats, yoghurt and cottage cheese to a container and take a fork. Easy meal.

* Take a shaker bottle with some protein powder in it. Take a tub of fat-free yoghurt as well. When you want a meal, add the yoghurt to the shaker, add some water as well and then shake it up - instant 'milkshake'. You could also take little 'poppers' of skim milk for the same purpose. Dry skim milk powder is also an option.

* Take a serving of nuts (walnuts are best ) and a 'no mess' 120g tuna pouch packet with a fork. Gives you a quick and easy meal of ~300 cals.

* Pre-make some protein pancakes and take these with you in a container.

The possibilities are endless!!

pipgarden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Emma Leigh-your ideas for meals on the go are so great!! I've been trying to get out of the "restaurant lunch" and these are wonderful! Thanks

candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000) candle25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can also try soy nuts & almonds.
    Cutting
    164lbs. 9/11/03
    181.75lbs. 9/6/04
    6.5% BF 9/6/04

Mod @ http://www.bbforums.com

candle25@cyber-rights.net

adamm311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    * Home made protein bars/slice - things like oats, oatbran, egg-whites, protein-powders, applesauce, nut butters etc can make pretty tasty and easily portable meals.

* Hard Boiled Eggs

* Tupperware is your friend - pre-make meals and store them in the fridge/freezer, then just grab one each morning before you head off. For example - Cook up a big pot of brown rice and steamed vegetables. Distribute into some containers (one for each day) and then, as you are heading out the door in the morning, grab one container and add a can of tuna (or grab a can to take with you) and away you go.

* Fruit and fat free yoghurt tubs are easily portable

* Small tins of legumes (chick-peas/beans) can easily be taken to work with a fork and a can of tuna. Just drain out the fluid when you get there... Or, alternatively, drain them of an evening and put them into a container with some chicken/tuna/egg whites, and some salad and just 'shake it all together' when you want to eat it.

* Tubs of cottage cheese are easy to take with you. A tub is ~ 1 cup worth (about 250 cals) and if you add 1 tbs peanut butter/1 tbs of almond butter (another 120 cals) you have a 'meal in a tub' (just open the tub, mix it through and close it back up again). If you want, take some vegetable strips (celery or cucumber - calorie free and filling) to 'dip' into the mix. Easy, quick and tasty.

* Add some berries, oats, yoghurt and cottage cheese to a container and take a fork. Easy meal.

* Take a shaker bottle with some protein powder in it. Take a tub of fat-free yoghurt as well. When you want a meal, add the yoghurt to the shaker, add some water as well and then shake it up - instant 'milkshake'. You could also take little 'poppers' of skim milk for the same purpose. Dry skim milk powder is also an option.

* Take a serving of nuts (walnuts are best ) and a 'no mess' 120g tuna pouch packet with a fork. Gives you a quick and easy meal of ~300 cals.

* Pre-make some protein pancakes and take these with you in a container.

The possibilities are endless!!
    awesome Emma Leigh, thanks!

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adamm311 View Post
    awesome Emma Leigh, thanks!
    nice 10 year old thread bump

Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheese cubes and nuts is a great option loaded with protein.

and holy cow it this thread old! lol

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    nice 10 year old thread bump
    Originally Posted by Britanica View Post
    Cheese cubes and nuts is a great option loaded with protein.

and holy cow it this thread old! lol
    *hobbles in*
    Who are you young'ns calling OLD!
    *waves cane frantically in your direction*
    *hobbles out*

Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    *hobbles in*
    Who are you young'ns calling OLD!
    *waves cane frantically in your direction*
    *hobbles out*
    Made me lol haha