Thread: How Long?

Freestyle Bodybuilder bigcityboy's Avatar
    bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow How Long?

I've been dieting and excersising for going on My 9th. Year. Every once in a while I like to see if anybody has any positive feedback on My current diets or excersise programs.
    Or is thier a secret to getting ripped abbs while maintainning quality Mass gains. This is my current diet.
    I'm basically eating all day long. I am currently cutting. Doing at least 1 hour of cardio per day 6 times per week the fat is comming off slowly and I have not lost any of My hard gained Mass. I have however contemplated fasting. since I am only doing cardio I dont beleive it will affected My recovery time ie. if I was bench pressing I would not be able to fast.
    I do hard core body build. I was up at 211lbs. in 2004 than in 2005 I was 205lbs. This Year I am only about 196lbs. But My maxes are all up My endurance is up and I am holding a steady between 15" and 14 1/2" in My arms. When I was 211lbs My arms were definitely almost 16" But I did change My diet and stepped up on the cardio.
    Before this in 2002 My arms were only 11 1/2 inches.
    I don't believe that I will lose anything while cutting alltough some shrinkage has allways occured. After I stop cutting and go back to My General Volume Trainning routine My size usually comes back within 2 weeks and usually gains are evident.
    My question is Basically a need for general reconciliation.
    Am I on the right track? Will I gain More mass in the years to come on diets and exercise programs like these?
    Breakfast: 1 cup cereal
    Snack: Cottage cheese 8 oz.
    Lunch: 2 baked potato 1 can of beef.
    Snack: cottage cheese 8 oz.
    Dinner: 2 cans tuna 1 stack of crackers.

Total calories 1850 cal
    Total fat 20gs fat g
    Total protein 165 g

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Forgive me, but your post is really hard to read. It looks like you cut & pasted the thing together.

Considering, from what I could pull out of there, that you are not lifting, just doing cardio, then NO, you won't gain mass on a diet & exercise plan like what you posted.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

edawgz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more...

Xstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Instead of doing cardio so long, you should really try to build some muscle by lifting weights, or at least do pushups, pullups, and situps. After that do some cardio, maybe 30 minutes at a moderate-intense pace. I would reevaluate your diet too because while the stats may look good the meals dont sound very pleasing. Maybe throw in some chicken and brocolli or something. Also for breakfast replace cereal with oats, egss, and banana.
    "Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment"

bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigcityboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WTF? Youse Guys really lost Me with these replies.
    Cut and pasted? Eat more?
    Dudes I've been at this for 9 Years. I've made My gains.
    Where do these people come from?
    Xstar, Your 6" and 207? dude that is really skinny.
    edawgz, You are 5' 7" and 150lbs. and You are telling Me to eat more?
    Scottc, You can't be serious.
    Thanks Guys for nothing.
    Anybody else?

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigcityboy View Post
    Thanks Guys for nothing.
    Anybody else?
    I'll write this slow so you can understand it.

If you created a post which was legible, didn't jump all over the place, and actually made sense, then maybe you would get the answers you're looking for.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been dieting and excersising for going on My 9th. Year. Every once in a while I like to see if anybody has any positive feedback on My current diets or excersise programs.
    Or is thier a secret to getting ripped abbs while maintainning quality Mass gains. This is my current diet.
    I'm basically eating all day long. I am currently cutting. Doing at least 1 hour of cardio per day 6 times per week the fat is comming off slowly and I have not lost any of My hard gained Mass. I have however contemplated fasting. since I am only doing cardio I dont beleive it will affected My recovery time ie. if I was bench pressing I would not be able to fast.
    I do hard core body build. I was up at 211lbs. in 2004 than in 2005 I was 205lbs. This Year I am only about 196lbs. But My maxes are all up My endurance is up and I am holding a steady between 15" and 14 1/2" in My arms. When I was 211lbs My arms were definitely almost 16" But I did change My diet and stepped up on the cardio.
    I don't believe that I will lose anything while cutting alltough some shrinkage has allways occured. After I stop cutting and go back to My General Volume Trainning routine My size usually comes back within 2 weeks and usually gains are evident.
    Am I on the right track? Will I gain More mass in the years to come on diets and exercise programs like these?

Total calories 1850 cal
    Total fat 20gs fat g
    Total protein 165 g
    I am a learning noob who has spent the last 6 months obsessed with learning everything I can about everything I can to do with nutrition, cardio and lifting. I don't know everything and never will, but I have a pretty good understanding of what it takes to bulk or cut, as I have seen great success in that short time. I am 6'3", 245 pounds, 21%bf, following BFFM, losing bf consistently and keeping lean body mass in the process. I bust my ass in the gym and in the kitchen. I am a work in progress and about 6 months from the body of my dreams. That being said, take it or leave it. I will say that your post was little disjointed, with all due respect, which is why you may be getting the responses you are getting. I decided to give my take, against my own good sense, so flame me if you disagree......:-)

Is thier a secret to getting ripped abbs while maintainning quality Mass gains.
    I don't know what your body fat is, so it is difficult to say for sure, but you aren't going to get ripped abs until you get into the low teens in body fat.

Doing at least 1 hour of cardio per day 6 times per week the fat is comming off slowly and I have not lost any of My hard gained Mass.
    I am doing the exact same thing and am seeing the same results. I actually gained mass a few months out of the last 6.....on a cut.

I have however contemplated fasting.
    Extremely bad idea. Your metabolism will shut down and you will start losing your "had gained mass." Rethink this plan.

Will I gain More mass in the years to come on diets and exercise programs like these?
    If your macro is right, your total daily allowance for bulking calories (allowance + 500) is accurate and you are involved in a good lifting program, yes. If not, no.

Total calories 1850 cal
    Total fat 20gs fat g
    Total protein 165 g
    That seems low, but you can calculate your total daily allowance to confirm.

Have a good one.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your diet is atrocious. I find it hard to believe you've been doing this for 9 years.

Also if you've been doing it for 9 years and dont have a sixpack thats pretty weak.

Xstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    6' 207.... that is not skinny
    "Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment"

edawgz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Guys for nothing.
    Anybody else?
    I'm currently cutting right now to get a six pack...sooo...150 is hmm...reasonable for me...and i didn't have anything else to say cuz i didn't understand much in your post...

Thanks

Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post
    I am a learning noob who has spent the last 6 months obsessed with learning everything I can about everything I can to do with nutrition, cardio and lifting. I don't know everything and never will, but I have a pretty good understanding of what it takes to bulk or cut, as I have seen great success in that short time. I am 6'3", 245 pounds, 21%bf, following BFFM, losing bf consistently and keeping lean body mass in the process. I bust my ass in the gym and in the kitchen. I am a work in progress and about 6 months from the body of my dreams. That being said, take it or leave it. I will say that your post was little disjointed, with all due respect, which is why you may be getting the responses you are getting. I decided to give my take, against my own good sense, so flame me if you disagree......:-)

I don't know what your body fat is, so it is difficult to say for sure, but you aren't going to get ripped abs until you get into the low teens in body fat.

I am doing the exact same thing and am seeing the same results. I actually gained mass a few months out of the last 6.....on a cut.

Extremely bad idea. Your metabolism will shut down and you will start losing your "had gained mass." Rethink this plan.

If your macro is right, your total daily allowance for bulking calories (allowance + 500) is accurate and you are involved in a good lifting program, yes. If not, no.

That seems low, but you can calculate your total daily allowance to confirm.

Have a good one.
    seems right. Only everythime I'm on I learn something new.
    What is this about ?
    Please explain.

Lmao

Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    Your diet is atrocious. I find it hard to believe you've been doing this for 9 years.

Also if you've been doing it for 9 years and dont have a sixpack thats pretty weak.
    You are very funny. I did not say I do not have a 6 pack.
    As a matter of fact I have an 8 pack.

What is this about ?
    Please explain.
    If you are eating above your mainatnence cals (up to 500cals over), and your macros are in line with your calories, then along with a good lifting program you will continue to gain mass.

- Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

I Get It

Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    If you are eating above your mainatnence cals (up to 500cals over), and your macros are in line with your calories, then along with a good lifting program you will continue to gain mass.
    Yeah, Macrobolic Nutrition is Allways on My mind.
    Thanks for the info.

davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100)

Total calories 1850 cal
    Total fat 20gs fat g
    Total protein 165 g
    Hiya,
    hope i can help you.......
    ignore these arrogant sods and work out your RMR and BMR then eat more than you should ,500 cals more per day with at least 1.8 grammes per kilo bodyweight.drink at least 1 gallon per day of water,work out 3-4 times a week,cardio at end of every workout, and cardio on off days too.But your diet needs changing.make sure you aways eat lean protein with every meal,lots of veg and some starchy carbs,healthy oils.KEEP this up every meal ,add a mass gain drink to diet and see your body grow.
    hope it helps u.
    davesporty