Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by youknowit84 View Post
    I'm going to give it a try but I don't understand this part..

"For the exercises in the 5 rep range add 1 rep per set during the weeks you aren’t increasing weight. For exercises in the 8-15 range add 2 reps per set during weeks you aren’t increasing weight"

aren't I suppose to increase weight every week? what does that mean to add 1 rep on weeks where you aren't adding weight
    A direct quote, I **** you not:

This is a question I'm repeatedly asked so here is a progression example:

Monday-Squat-200, Bench-150
    Wednesday-RDL-200, OHP-100
    Friday-Squat-200, Bench-150
    Weekend of rest

Monday-RDL-210, OHP-105
    Wednesday-Squat-210, Bench-155
    Friday-RDL-210, OHP-105
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    It's like someone who has never swam decides to write a book about how to swim, it's terrible.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...6216941&page=1

This may educate further ^

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631

This is the program you shoupd follow for at least several months ^

Good luck
    Thread should have stopped here
    531 Workout Journal https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179104531&page=1

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    aren't I suppose to increase weight every week? what does that mean to add 1 rep on weeks where you aren't adding weight
    I do the same weight each week, but I add one more repetition each week. I start at 12 repetitions, the following week is 13, then 14 and so on until I hit 20 reps. That takes about 10 weeks. Then I add the minimum weight I can with my equipment and start at 12 reps again and work my way up to 20. You can do this for years, literally. When you run out of capacity for plates on your dumb bell handles you can weld on threaded extensions. I had to do that when I needed more than 60 pounds.
    Funihe renal hoses in Cofevile Kasa. Washe/drye, ful kitcen, cale/wif, all bils paid. Weders, fiters, boiermakes, ecticians, inpecors the refiery, soybea plat, bio disel plat, piplie and anmal fod plat conracos.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Funihe renal hoses in Cofevile Kasa. Washe/drye, ful kitcen, cale/wif, all bils paid. Weders, fiters, boiermakes, ecticians, inpecors the refiery, soybea plat, bio disel plat, piplie and anmal fod plat conracos.

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    actually, that's exactly what that means lol. if you're not willing to provide any context then don't respond. it's that simple. grow up and develop some social skills.
    I agree with this 100%. There's no reason to post if all you're going to do is provide unconstructive criticism. It would be far more helpful if he were patient enough to explain to you what about your routine is bad. Then you could learn foundational principles that would benefit you for years to come.

I'm not a fan of the dogmatism of "just do fierce 5" either.

Finally, the attitude of "you're on trt so you may be fine either way" is straight up dumb af.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    I agree with this 100%. There's no reason to post if all you're going to do is provide unconstructive criticism. It would be far more helpful if he were patient enough to explain to you what about your routine is bad. Then you could learn foundational principles that would benefit you for years to come.

I'm not a fan of the dogmatism of "just do fierce 5" either.

Finally, the attitude of "you're on trt so you may be fine either way" is straight up dumb af.
    Advice you want is different than advice you need

The advice that was given was needed

The ability to differentiate between the two is wisdom, something the OP lacks

Your inability to discern the value therein reflects poorly on you
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► Progress Pictures

youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    A direct quote, I **** you not:
    that answers the question of when to add on weight, not adding on a rep. it says to add a rep to each set on the weeks you're not adding on weight. but based on how im understanding it, he's saying to add 5 lbs to upper body and 10 lbs to lower body exercises each week. so if i'm adding weight every week, then when are the weeks that i'm suppose to add a rep to each set?

that answers the question of when to add on weight, not adding on a rep. it says to add a rep to each set on the weeks you're not adding on weight. but based on how im understanding it, he's saying to add 5 lbs to upper body and 10 lbs to lower body exercises each week. so if i'm adding weight every week, then when are the weeks that i'm suppose to add a rep to each set?
    Monday:
    Exercise A + add relevant weight

Wednesday:
    Exercise B + add relevant weight

Friday:
    Exercise A + add relevant repetition
    ► Progress Pictures

youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youknowit84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Advice you want is different than advice you need

The advice that was given was needed

The ability to differentiate between the two is wisdom, something the OP lacks

Your inability to discern the value therein reflects poorly on you
    your last comment to me reflects poorly on you. i asked you a question on when to add a rep and you quoted his part that mentions on when to add weight. you can't even answer a simple question properly without a condescending answer. and what would make you think I'm looking for advice I want? i already said that i'm going to try the fierce 5 novice program. when i ask a question about it i get your smart ass answer that didn't address it at all.

Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000)
    dude, relax. jesus. you said the routine was crappy without adding any context whatsoever. all i'm asking you is why so that I can better understand how to train. you're not providing any help by saying "it's a crappy routine" so why even bother commenting if you're not going to help?
    I'll give you the same advice I give to anyone that this clown responds to, just ignore him, there's no point in talking to this miserable person.

so if i'm adding weight every week, then when are the weeks that i'm suppose to add a rep to each set?
    The Fierce 5 isn't written in stone. I add reps for about 10 straight weeks, and then add weight. Then I start with the reps I did the first week and add reps for 10 weeks, then add weight and start back over at the reps for week 1.

Example

Week 1, 12 reps
    Week 2, 13 reps
    Week 3, 14 reps
    Week 4, 15 reps
    Week 5, 16 reps
    Week 6, 17 reps
    Week 7, 18 reps
    Week 8, 19 reps
    Week 9, 20 reps
    Week 10, 12 reps plus 5 more pounds

One body part starts at week 1
    Another body part is in week 3
    Another body part is in week 5
    Another body part is in week 7
    Another body part is in week 9

Monday:
    Exercise A + add relevant weight

Wednesday:
    Exercise B + add relevant weight

Friday:
    Exercise A + add relevant repetition
    this makes no sense. he said to add a rep on weeks that you aren't adding on weight. in this example you gave, you're adding weight.

Good luck in your future endeavours
    ► Progress Pictures

Good luck in your future endeavours
    great, thanks for the ****ty advice. in the future, learn how to read before you give your snarky comments

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could just run your own thing. Anything that gets you into the gym is a win imo.

SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SaulGuzman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I do the same weight each week, but I add one more repetition each week. I start at 12 repetitions, the following week is 13, then 14 and so on until I hit 20 reps. That takes about 10 weeks. Then I add the minimum weight I can with my equipment and start at 12 reps again and work my way up to 20. You can do this for years, literally. When you run out of capacity for plates on your dumb bell handles you can weld on threaded extensions. I had to do that when I needed more than 60 pounds.
    Good approach Paul.

How would you do in the case of exercises where you can't add weight? Would you load by adding extra set when you hit 20 reps? I'm thinking of exercises like bodyweight movements that you can't add weight or doglifs.

Originally Posted by SaulGuzman View Post
    Good approach Paul.

How would you do in the case of exercises where you can't add weight? Would you load by adding extra set when you hit 20 reps? I'm thinking of exercises like bodyweight movements that you can't add weight or doglifs.
    I normally do 4 sets per bodypart, and increase the reps by 1 each week until I hit 20. But if I was using bodyweight exercises, this is what I would do. Once I hit 4 sets of 20 I would go back down to 12 reps but do 5 sets instead of 4. Then it would be 5 sets of 12, next week 13, next week 14, etc. In 3 years you're going to be about as big as you're going to get. Then I would just do maintenance.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Monkeybolbol View Post
    I'll give you the same advice I give to anyone that this clown responds to, just ignore him, there's no point in talking to this miserable person.
    Good job ignoring me and trying to troll me again on another thread, monkeyboy. You & OP are probably the same person, the way you ignore every piece of useful advice from everyone in your threads and bury your heads in the sand.

Have you figured out where to put lateral raises yet, or do you need to bump the question another 5x in your thread for an answer?

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Good job ignoring me and trying to troll me again on another thread, monkeyboy. You & OP are probably the same person, the way you ignore every piece of useful advice from everyone in your threads and bury your heads in the sand.

Have you figured out where to put lateral raises yet, or do you need to bump the question another 5x in your thread for an answer?
    not once did I ever ignore advice here. i simply asked a question about the advice given. that does not equate to me ignoring advice. that equates to you being an *******

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not once did I ever ignore advice here. i simply asked a question about the advice given. that does not equate to me ignoring advice. that equates to you being an *******
    Well I was talking to someone else in that comment (although I guess you really must be the same person), but regarding you, I gave my advice and then you demanded that I further debate your understanding of weightlifting and explain myself if I disagreed with you. I declined then you got all butthurt and apparently are still angry.

Again, you don't have to take my advice but I also don't have to engage in a debate with you either. It's that simple, get over it. Anyone reading this thread can see my responses above.

Well I was talking to someone else in that comment (although I guess you really must be the same person), but regarding you, I gave my advice and then you demanded that I further debate your understanding of weightlifting and explain myself if I disagreed with you. I declined then you got all butthurt and apparently are still angry.

Again, you don't have to take my advice but I also don't have to engage in a debate with you either. It's that simple, get over it. Anyone reading this thread can see my responses above.
    i asked you to explain because i didn't understand what to make of "you're routine is crap". were you really not loved enough as a child to be this insecure? how does asking you a question equate to "demanded to debate" to you? talk to a therapist, please. you're making up assumptions in your head to fit a narrative. nobody here is looking to debate. i came here looking for advice on a new workout routine because i didn't want to continue with something i made up.

If people make fun of you in a weightlifting forum, maybe weightlifting isn't for you.

i asked you to explain because i didn't understand what to make of "you're routine is crap". were you really not loved enough as a child to be this insecure? how does asking you a question equate to "demanded to debate" to you? talk to a therapist, please. you're making up assumptions in your head to fit a narrative. nobody here is looking to debate. i came here looking for advice on a new workout routine because i didn't want to continue with something i made up.
    Again, your exact words below.

do you disagree with that? if so, why?
    I declined to debate further because you were focused on my comment about your routine, rather than the advice I was giving you - which was to run a proper novice program or if you wanted to run your program, to run it and adjust it later based on how happy you were with the results. That's advice even if you don't want to take it.

I didn't feel like your crappy routine was worth discussing further and don't like to debate people who just started lifting and defend their crappy routines with "based on what I read online...". For some reason this has sent you into a rage, as if I don't have the right to decline to answer a question of yours.

Not sure why it's so common for novices who make their own program based on "everything they read online" to react like this when people don't think their program is good. Although I do think it's funny that you and monkeyboy really do seem to be alt accounts for each other, since you forgot which account you were using above.

OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OGfrom06 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey OP, I am 38 too.

Just skimmed through this thread and it seems you're mentally challenged?

I'll be fking harsh. At 38 you're almost too late anyway.

I can't imagine starting at my age knowing how I fast recorved and gained in my 20s vs now.

lol no.
    39 years young (I identify as being 29)
    PRs: Squat 315, Bench 265, Pullup x25
    Fasted blood glucose 91
    Uncut Diamond

Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000) Monkeybolbol is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Same person lol, I live in his paranoid head on free rent.

Originally Posted by Monkeybolbol View Post
    Same person lol, I live in his paranoid head on free rent.
    Says the troll who follows me around to other threads including this one. How’s your assisted chin-ups going?

Again, your exact words below.

I declined to debate further because you were focused on my comment about your routine, rather than the advice I was giving you - which was to run a proper novice program or if you wanted to run your program, to run it and adjust it later based on how happy you were with the results. That's advice even if you don't want to take it.

I didn't feel like your crappy routine was worth discussing further and don't like to debate people who just started lifting and defend their crappy routines with "based on what I read online...". For some reason this has sent you into a rage, as if I don't have the right to decline to answer a question of yours.

Not sure why it's so common for novices who make their own program based on "everything they read online" to react like this when people don't think their program is good. Although I do think it's funny that you and monkeyboy really do seem to be alt accounts for each other, since you forgot which account you were using above.
    there is not one line that I said that remotely hints at me defending "my routine". that's just what you chose to think. i asked if you disagree because I want to understand why it was crappy, not because i'm looking to debate. this isn't hard to understand. you're a typical toolbag that thinks everyone in life is trying to fight with you. get a grip. you're not that big of a deal.

or if you wanted to run your program, to run it and adjust it later based on how happy you were with the results. That's advice even if you don't want to take it.
    got it. so one minute you're telling me to run it and adjust later based on results. then, when i ask a question about it so i know how to adjust it if need be, you respond "i'm not looking to debate dude!" lol you're unreal.

got it. so one minute you're telling me to run it and adjust later based on results. then, when i ask a question about it so i know how to adjust it if need be, you respond "i'm not looking to debate dude!" lol you're unreal.
    No, again I suggested you run a proper novice program because yours is crappy. You clearly want to run your own program instead of one of the many novice fb programs you already said you read online (since you could have just done one of them). That's why I said if you want to run yours, then run it since it's better than nothing - and LIKE I SAID AT THE BEGINNING, based on your TRT dosage and your response to it, your results might be fine even on a crappy program. Again, if you read any of my advice instead of concentrating on my one comment about your program being "kinda crappy", you'd realize this.

And yes, if you ran it for a few months and decided you're not happy and couldn't figure out adjustments on your own at that point, I would just tell you again to run a proper novice program. I don't have to give you further advice on your crappy program if I don't want to.

Regardless, why is the fact that I don't want to debate lifting with a newbie who can't write a decent program such an issue for you? This conversation could have been over 10x already if you'd accept that I can give (or not give) whatever advice I want, and you can ignore whatever advice you want.

I gave my advice - it is what it is. Don't take it if you don't want, it's fine dude. I sincerely apologize if you're severly offended that I think your program is crappy and isn't worth discussing further, I was just being straightforward and didn't mean to offend your honor.

didn't mean to offend your honor.
    Here's to you Kim, where ever you are now.