Karlo717 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Help a begginer out

Hello im trying to get back to the gym consistently after falling off for a long time, at the beginning i winged it and didnt calculate my calories because i was new to all this fitness stuff. Now im trying to calculate a deficit and i stumbled apon this so just asking for some help. Does anyone know how to calculate a deficit actually accurately? There seems to be alot of inaccurate information and formulas because ive tried a couple and they either make me lose a lot of weight or no weight and i just seem to be losing water weight.

IF you guys have a formula that actually works or can give me a rough start point or a calculator that would be appreciated so much

Thanks

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Karlo717 View Post
    Hello im trying to get back to the gym consistently after falling off for a long time, at the beginning i winged it and didnt calculate my calories because i was new to all this fitness stuff. Now im trying to calculate a deficit and i stumbled apon this so just asking for some help. Does anyone know how to calculate a deficit actually accurately? There seems to be alot of inaccurate information and formulas because ive tried a couple and they either make me lose a lot of weight or no weight and i just seem to be losing water weight.

IF you guys have a formula that actually works or can give me a rough start point or a calculator that would be appreciated so much

Thanks
    Maintenance calories / deficit calories are always a guessing game.
    You need to use real life data to have an accurate base.

Here's my suggestion:

A ballpark average for maintenance calories is: Bodyweight in lbs x 15.
    Whatever number that spits out, take 20% off and have your cutting calories.

Weigh yourself every day (on an empty stomach) in the morning & write down the weight.
    Do this for 3 weeks & calculate the weekly average. Compare the weeks & see how much you lost a week.
    Increase or lower calories accordingly.

(Macro's suggestion : 0,82 grams of protein per pound - 20% of daily caloric intake from fats (minimum) - rest can be whatever you like)
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ginalina is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hello! Me is fattened by my fat. Weighing always upsets, where to start, which is more effective?