401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Anyone paying for ads on ********?

If so...give us the skinny .

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I paid a few time but very small amounts.
    I run a hometown boot camp and so I paid like $1/day for 7 days. It actually got a fair amount of interest but then ppl really didn't show up like they sd they were going to (new ppl I mean). For the price it wasn't bad at all considering it got my name out there and got some convos going w ppl I never would have spoken to otherwise
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dwill094 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am going to start budgeting myself and seeing how they work for me.

The organic thing has been okay, but eventually you start to hit that ceiling.

Building an audience on instagram and ******** is one of my top goals right now.

I'll probably start slow with just a $5 boost per week and then see how that plays out with engagement and gaining new followers.
    ACE CPT | StrongFirst SFG I | Student Physical Therapist

Instagram: @dannywfitness
    ********: /dannywilliamsfitness

Helping people to live a balanced lifestyle, move better, and achieve their ideal bodyweight.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've done it a lot. It doesn't work. It's like kitpapa said - you get people talking to you, but none of them show up.

I'm sure it can work for places with recognised brand names - the crossfits or fitness firsts - the places people will have found by a google search or drive through their neighbourhood anyway. I don't think it works well for black iron gyms, boutique places, etc.

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kitpapa View Post
    I paid a few time but very small amounts.
    I run a hometown boot camp and so I paid like $1/day for 7 days. It actually got a fair amount of interest but then ppl really didn't show up like they sd they were going to (new ppl I mean). For the price it wasn't bad at all considering it got my name out there and got some convos going w ppl I never would have spoken to otherwise
    How did you specify who saw your ads...by their listed current city on fb?

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    I've done it a lot. It doesn't work.
    Then why did you do it a lot, haha .

I thought about trying it, but have never done it and know little about the price/process, other you can only promote a business page.

With my last business I had much, much better results from a personal fb page run by the business that was maxed out at 5,000 friends at all times (I would routinely filter out less desirable friends for friend requests that were more likely my target market). I did get a few thousand 'likes' on my business page, and I usually posted similar things on both pages, but never had near the response from it that I did with the personal page. It was also harder to get 'local' likes on my business page than on my personal page.

If you can select your audience by current city it might be worth it to me...I'm in a VERY small town within a bigger town and would be able to select people just within 5 miles of me.

KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I tried it many times because I was trying it different ways. Go for likes, go for "hit the call now button", share interesting article, target this or that demographic, target this or that area, and so on.

You get tyre-kickers.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    I tried it many times because I was trying it different ways. Go for likes, go for "hit the call now button", share interesting article, target this or that demographic, target this or that area, and so on.

You get tyre-kickers.
    So, you're saying that actual worthwhile clents are unlikely to be swayed by a fb ad? I can see that...I pay little thought to the 'paid advertisement' I see anywhere. Maybe I'll just wait and only run some outlandish ads on there...'Bangin' Bikini Body in 12 Weeks' or 'Build A Bigger Booty Workshop', lol, where at least the tire kickers will be more fun to talk to, hahaha .

It's possible that ads just get the half-arsed. Clicking "like" gives me no sense of investment. Rocking up and lifting and talking to people does. What I find is that if we get them in the gym and teach them to squat, press and pull, 2/3 of them sign up. There are plenty of dedicated people out there, the trick is finding them.

For my gym, the enquiries come from, over the past 3 years,
    • Personal & previous clients - 20% - they know and trust me already. This was 50% in the first 6 months, for obvious reasons.
    • Promotions - 10% - fb, fliers etc
    • Referrals - 55% - a current or former member points them to us. This is mostly women - women are more likely to tell their friends to come than men, and women are more likely to come and give it a go.
    • website - 15% - this has been almost entirely male. 1/2 are, "I've been doing Starting Strength for a while and just need a few sessions to check form", and they almost never sign up; the other 1/2 are, "I was doing SS and hurt my back deadlifting", these almost all sign up. In other words, the googled "starting strength melbourne" or something.

About 2/3 of the enquiries end up coming and visiting, and about 2/3 of those who visit sign up. Those who do sign up are mostly the referrals. "A friend said it was good, I went and tried it out and it was."

As well, as I've said before, only 1/3 of the males last more than 3 months, but 2/3 the women do. Women are also more engaged on social media, with more "friends", more often clicking and liking and sharing and all that - and thus, as I said above, referring friends.

So 4 enquiries becomes 2 signups which becomes 1 person lasting 3+ months.

Women are more reliable than men, and couples are more reliable than people coming on their own. So your ideal clients are lesbian couples, I suppose.

jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had hit or miss success with them over the years. 5 years ago, it was hard not to be successful with them. Often you could pay as little as $20 and get 5-10 quality leads. Over the years, ******** has changed it's algorithms, making it harder to reach people.

Now, if you don't do your homework on the front end, you'll waste a lot of money. Knowing who you want to reach and having a really clear message is important. As far as the content, less is more. Use a high quality picture or video that appeals to your audience with a clear call to action. People have an attention span of about 3 seconds, so you're wasting your time posting long videos and blocks and blocks of text.

Having a quality landing page to collect their information is crucial as well. Don't just send them to your homepage.

Lastly, no one is going to buy 1-on-1 personal training through ********. To spend $500-1000/month on a service, people need much more of a connecting to the person, so they can be confident they are spending their money wisely. Instead, you'll want to promote some sort of "4-week weight loss challenge" that has a low price point. If you do a good job, then you can sell them on something bigger.
    www.dreesperformance.com

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 401Delta View Post
    How did you specify who saw your ads...by their listed current city on fb?

Then why did you do it a lot, haha .

I thought about trying it, but have never done it and know little about the price/process, other you can only promote a business page.

With my last business I had much, much better results from a personal fb page run by the business that was maxed out at 5,000 friends at all times (I would routinely filter out less desirable friends for friend requests that were more likely my target market). I did get a few thousand 'likes' on my business page, and I usually posted similar things on both pages, but never had near the response from it that I did with the personal page. It was also harder to get 'local' likes on my business page than on my personal page.

If you can select your audience by current city it might be worth it to me...I'm in a VERY small town within a bigger town and would be able to select people just within 5 miles of me.
    Sorry. Just saw this. I love working with all kinds/ages of ppl so I just did it within a certain mileage of my hometown
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter