jaysix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What am I doing wrong?

Hello guys, I've been lurking for a bit now and decided I finally need help from this amazing community.

I'm 26 years old, I work in an environment where this is little-to-no exercise involved, I currently weigh 217 lbs, and trying to get a bit more leaner and have my muscles defined. I've actually completed the "Shortcut to Size" program by Jim Stoppani (which was incredibly challenging, but worth it in the end), and feel as if nothing really changed. I felt more energetic afterwards but in terms of "results", I didn't really notice anything. I should mention, I tried the nutrition and supplementation part of the program but found the nutrition too hard to keep up with, and the supplements made my heart rate increase (more specifically the ANIMAL PAK from GNC).

I'm currently using MyFitnessPal to help track my caloric intake for the day, and been steadily monitoring it for the past two weeks. I'm currently intaking 2,170 calories for the day to drop my current weight of 217lbs to 185-190lbs.

I have belly fat, and fat on my thighs I just cannot get rid of, and I really feel annoyed considering how determined I am to get rid of it.

Here's my schedule for the past two weeks:

Sunday - Rest
    Monday - Chest, Triceps, Abs, Cardio (15 min jog @ 6mph on treadmill)
    Tuesday - Back, Biceps, Abs, Cardio (15 min jog @ 6mph on treadmill)
    Wednesday - Basketball game (Constant cardio of about 1.25 hours)
    Thursday - Shoulders, Traps, Abs, Cardio (15 min jog @ 6mphon treadmill)
    Friday - Light day of legs (don't really focus too much on legs because I'm trying to lose weight off my thighs)
    Saturday - Rest

With that being said I usually work 10-12 hours a day and currently getting between 4-6 hours of sleep a night.

I've attached some photos below to get the the best responses, please help!
    Attached Images

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Everything you need to know is right here https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jaysix View Post
    I have belly fat, and fat on my thighs I just cannot get rid of,
    Here's my schedule for the past two weeks:

Sunday - Rest
    Monday - Chest, Triceps, Abs, Cardio (15 min jog @ 6mph on treadmill)
    Tuesday - Back, Biceps, Abs, Cardio (15 min jog @ 6mph on treadmill)
    Wednesday - Basketball game (Constant cardio of about 1.25 hours)
    Thursday - Shoulders, Traps, Abs, Cardio (15 min jog @ 6mphon treadmill)
    Friday - Light day of legs (don't really focus too much on legs because I'm trying to lose weight off my thighs)
    Saturday - Rest
    I just find it real interesting: you have fat on your belly so you do abs 3 times a week. You have fat on your legs so you almost avoid them totally?

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    I just find it real interesting: you have fat on your belly so you do abs 3 times a week. You have fat on your legs so you almost avoid them totally?
    It's not interesting at all. It's just lack of knowledge and that's why I'm asking for help.

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    In addition to the sticky thread I already linked I just want to say that I think you'd do well to pretty much forget anything you learned from Stoppani's program, supplement suggestions or diet plan. It's all just horse sh*t.

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    In addition to the sticky thread I already linked I just want to say that I think you'd do well to pretty much forget anything you learned from Stoppani's program, supplement suggestions or diet plan. It's all just horse sh*t.
    Thanks I will be going over this whole thread tomorrow bright and early. I also think I may have posted this in the wrong section too.

Thanks I will be going over this whole thread tomorrow bright and early. I also think I may have posted this in the wrong section too.
    I'll move it to that section for you.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's not interesting at all. It's just lack of knowledge and that's why I'm asking for help.
    Hey man, I realized later that my post could have been more helpful.

You can't spot reduce fat. My belly is the first place fat goes and the last place it leaves. Your diet will control your weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race. Too many people get impatient and try to cut too many calories and end up doing more harm than good in that they starve themselves to the point that you almost anticipate the binging and rebound weight. If you are steadily losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, you've got that part dialed in.

My comment/observation on your workout is that you need a good balanced routine. A good fully body (3 days a week) will hit each muscle group 3 times a week - giving you adequate time for recovery and helping you to retain (maybe build a little) muscle. That way, you can be pretty confident that the weight you are losing is mostly fat and not muscle. The ADDED benefit to this approach is that you can work to avoid the common complaint of people who lose a bunch of weight but are still unhappy with how they look because they just look soft and "fluffy" due to lack of muscle.

met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250) met3ork has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Hey man, I realized later that my post could have been more helpful.

You can't spot reduce fat. My belly is the first place fat goes and the last place it leaves. Your diet will control your weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race. Too many people get impatient and try to cut too many calories and end up doing more harm than good in that they starve themselves to the point that you almost anticipate the binging and rebound weight. If you are steadily losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, you've got that part dialed in.

My comment/observation on your workout is that you need a good balanced routine. A good fully body (3 days a week) will hit each muscle group 3 times a week - giving you adequate time for recovery and helping you to retain (maybe build a little) muscle. That way, you can be pretty confident that the weight you are losing is mostly fat and not muscle. The ADDED benefit to this approach is that you can work to avoid the common complaint of people who lose a bunch of weight but are still unhappy with how they look because they just look soft and "fluffy" due to lack of muscle.
    This.

By not training legs, you will lose WEIGHT from your legs. But the weight will be muscle.
    As stated above, you cant spot reduce FAT by training or not training bodypart X.

Hop on a solid program, and keep your eyes on your diet.

Thanks I've looked into the fierce 5 program and looking to try it out. As for diet, I'm going to do some more reading up on those stickies. Thanks for the helpful insight guys.