Train4Life221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Parents won't let me lift

I weigh 110 lbs, my max for Dead lift is 205, squat 140, bench 125, and pullup with 50 lbs. I did these at school after I discovered the weight room there for 2 weeks, and I mostly train calisthenics because I have no weights. My mom is extremely stubborn and won't let me lift even though I have shown her multiple articles about how lifting won't stunt my growth. When I talked to a fitness instructor at my gym, he agreed and wanted me to wait until 18 to lift. I don't want to wait, what should I do?

Registered User BodyBuildingg19's Avatar
    BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyBuildingg19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Train4Life221 View Post
    I weigh 110 lbs, my max for Dead lift is 205, squat 140, bench 125, and pullup with 50 lbs. I did these at school after I discovered the weight room there for 2 weeks, and I mostly train calisthenics because I have no weights. My mom is extremely stubborn and won't let me lift even though I have shown her multiple articles about how lifting won't stunt my growth. When I talked to a fitness instructor at my gym, he agreed and wanted me to wait until 18 to lift. I don't want to wait, what should I do?
    lift behind her back. sneak a pair of Dumbbells under your bed, go to the gym without your mom knowing, go to a friends home gym, stuff like that

Registered Alpha TimeToMakeGains's Avatar
    TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000) TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000) TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000) TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000) TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000) TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000) TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000) TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000) TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000) TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000) TimeToMakeGains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    not much u can do lil squirt" if ur living under her roof u must go by her rules! understand ?
    *Team Seid*
    Follow on ig for car/misc/lifting stuff... ig:TimeToMakeGains

-Never Home Crew - FA crew - Virgin Crew -

Current BW: 13 stone

S:30 stone (atg)
    B:15 stone (atg)
    D:30 stone

DimQ is not very well liked. (-100) DimQ is not very well liked. (-100) DimQ is not very well liked. (-100) DimQ is not very well liked. (-100) DimQ is not very well liked. (-100) DimQ is not very well liked. (-100) DimQ is not very well liked. (-100) DimQ is not very well liked. (-100) DimQ is not very well liked. (-100) DimQ is not very well liked. (-100) DimQ is not very well liked. (-100)
    Personally I do not see much of a reason to actually bodybuild at your age of 14.
    1. your hormones are only on the rise
    2. because your hormones are only on the rise and your systems are maturing, you will want all of those hormones to support development of your body systems and not be partially directed elsewhere.

The only things that I think you could do for bettering your later physique is to perform movements that would stimulate increase in width of your frame.
    like:
    Scupular dips and overhand pull-ups with scupular depression.
    Perhaps dumbbell pull-over as well, if you want ribcage to expand.
    Lower back extensions would also be a plus for physique.
    Oh and practice vacuum.

That's as far as lifting goes... otherwise of course play your favorite sports, it will keep your body engaged and cardiovascular system will develop well.

Then start to bodybuild at like 18ish. By then you'll have every ace up your sleeve to boom with miraculous results.
    Natural Athlete
    110lbs 6% to 230lbs 10% and progressing further.
    2FITBODY
    Nutrition Calculator: http://www.2fitbody.com/calculator.php

DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000) DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000) DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000) DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000) DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000) DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000) DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000) DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000) DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000) DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000) DoctorJihad is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Her house, her rules, buck-o. Unlucky that your mom won't let you lift, but I guess you'll just have to live with it.
    BLM

TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimSobk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    do push ups and own body weight training, like chin ups. and do some cardio running etc.

pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DimQ View Post
    Personally I do not see much of a reason to actually bodybuild at your age of 14.
    2. because your hormones are only on the rise and your systems are maturing, you will want all of those hormones to support development of your body systems and not be partially directed elsewhere.

The only things that I think you could do for bettering your later physique is to perform movements that would stimulate increase in width of your frame.
    like:
    Oh and practice vacuum.

That's as far as lifting goes... otherwise of course play your favorite sports, it will keep your body engaged and cardiovascular system will develop well.

Then start to bodybuild at like 18ish. By then you'll have every ace up your sleeve to boom with miraculous results.
    lmao I sincerely hope you're trolling.

OP, you said you did all this stuff at school, so continue to do stuff at the school

Edit: not that I advocate disobeying your parents. I'm just providing an option.
    Last edited by pogioli4; 06-14-2016 at 03:33 AM.
    40: 4.3s
    400m: 50.4s
    800m: 1:58.2s

Pro-Tip: always double check for errors when you post on forums.

I already do calisthenics :d

Originally Posted by TimSobk View Post
    do push ups and own body weight training, like chin ups. and do some cardio running etc.
    I feel like Calisthenics doesn't improve strength as much and I plateau during calisthenics training. My max is around 18 chinups, 35 pushups, and squats are too ez

Summer

Originally Posted by pogioli4 View Post
    lmao I sincerely hope you're trolling.

OP, you said you did all this stuff at school, so continue to do stuff at the school

Edit: not that I advocate disobeying your parents. I'm just providing an option.
    rip it's summer and I'm missing out on gains. I've never felt so bored in the summer

tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    do calisthenics i guess. i would disobey my parents if they told me not to lift though (no edgy). lifting at 14 won't stunt your growth AT ALL. tbh your mom is completely ignorant. if anything, lifting will help improve your health and probably encourage a very good diet that helps you gain weight - why would your mom want you to stay like 120 lbs?

do you have a friend who goes to the gym who can take you without your parents knowing?

Yes

Originally Posted by tc1203 View Post
    do calisthenics i guess. i would disobey my parents if they told me not to lift though (no edgy). lifting at 14 won't stunt your growth AT ALL. tbh your mom is completely ignorant. if anything, lifting will help improve your health and probably encourage a very good diet that helps you gain weight - why would your mom want you to stay like 120 lbs?

do you have a friend who goes to the gym who can take you without your parents knowing?
    I walked to the rec once and I lifted with friends, but she somehow found me

tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I walked to the rec once and I lifted with friends, but she somehow found me
    show her studies & videos pertaining to the benefits of lifting, INCLUDING dispelling the growth stunting myth. i was 105 lbs 0 muscle at all at 5'6 and once i started lifting weights i looked better and healthier (not necessarily healthy cause i was a twig but at least i looked better)

the only way you would probably stunt your growth is if you pinned at your age or you had a massive injury in the gym in your back or something. of course, that can all be prevented if you do everything with correct form and light enough weight that is still heavy enough to make you grow.

koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry to hear that. Lifting through high school was great and helped me mature somewhat into who i am still becoming.

Unfortunately alot of parents think theyre always right because theyre older when theyre just ignorant in one way or another.
    <Made by Koloxoid>

Originally Posted by tc1203 View Post
    show her studies & videos pertaining to the benefits of lifting, INCLUDING dispelling the growth stunting myth. i was 105 lbs 0 muscle at all at 5'6 and once i started lifting weights i looked better and healthier (not necessarily healthy cause i was a twig but at least i looked better)

the only way you would probably stunt your growth is if you pinned at your age or you had a massive injury in the gym in your back or something. of course, that can all be prevented if you do everything with correct form and light enough weight that is still heavy enough to make you grow.
    I have already showed her, but she never listens. It didn't help that a strength coach told her some bs about how it will damage everything and is bad while growing

I have already showed her, but she never listens. It didn't help that a strength coach told her some bs about how it will damage everything and is bad while growing
    lmao he shouldn't call himself a strength coach then, he doesn't know what he is talking about. i grew just fine even though some people might call me short but thats only because my parents are of average height, and I'm also skinny because i didn't really get my nutrition on point and a good lifting routine until recently

swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) swagaraswag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by DimQ View Post

like:
    Oh and practice vacuum.

fak you kunt

Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If i was you i would be mad as hell. Lifting stunting your growth that's the dumbest thing i have heard. I feel sorry for you bro. Just keep doing your calisthenics