JustinT2391 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet advice please help!!!

Im currently trying to transform myself, iv lost 40 lbs so far but I need some diet advice. Im currently eating 2242 calories a day which was calculated using the guide on the forums. I'm currently 5' 9" 250lbs with a 56" shoulder width, so i have a very wide frame and endomorph body type I have met with my doctor and he said 200lbs would be and ideal weight are should be close to a 15% BF. I will post below my total calories, macros, and supplementation if you could give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I really need all the help I can get please and thank you in advance

Calories: 2242
    Protein: 40% (224g)
    Fat: 35% (87g)
    Carbs: 25% (140g) low carbs since endomorphs are sensitive to them and noticed that I maintain weight is i increase

Supplements:
    MP Hardcore Diesel 2x per day
    MP Hardcore Gainz
    MP Hardcore Wreckage
    JYM ZMA
    GNC Performance Multi
    Fishtail 3g

Workout:

I'm usually at the gym for around 1.5-2 hours and do 200 Abs reps every other day and 10-15 mins of cardio every other day as well

Day 1: Heavy
    Chest, Tri

Day 2: Heavy
    Back, Bi, Traps

Day 3: Heavy
    Legs, Shoulders

Rest

Day 4: Light
    Chest, Tri

Day 5: Light
    Back, Bi, Traps

Day 6: Light
    Legs, Shoulders

Rest

Then Day 1 again

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    https://www.muscleandstrength.com/wo...novice-workout
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

do a proper routine , eat less than maintenance calories. lift heavy or rest/do cardio. dunno what light is in your terms , but lifting light is pointless. dont waste your money on that many supplements. they are useless. instead of doing 200 reps with abs , go for half an hour walk, you will burn more calories. 15 % bodyfat for a 5'9 guy will be probably around 170-180 lbs if you dont have a long lifting history. so you got long way to go , but take on step at a time . go down slow and consistent. there is no such thing as an endomorph, you got fat because you ate too many calories. if you keep calories under maintenance, carbs dont make you fat, make you retain a bit water worst case, hence the weight spike

As I stated above Im not a beginner to lifting played football in college and high school with a very strict lifting regimen for strength rather than aesthetics, as far as light days i do higher reps 8-12 range rather than my 5x5 split for strength building. My body fat percentage is not extremely high and even at my current weight I have very good arm, chest, back, and leg definition, so don't just assume I'm fat simply by the measurement on the scale. I just need diet advice so don't just blatantly assume someone is fat because there weight is above the so called norm on some sort of graph that is probably outdated and from the 70s which assumes everyone of the same high has the same body structure and muscle density. The calories you see have been calculated using the forums and double checked by a dietitian and doctor. I weigh all my food and monitor my intake using a log just wondering and need a second opinion if my macros need tuning and decided to ask on here before consulting a dietitian/trainer.

BTW I have hyperthyroid if that helps at all

Ohh and the 200 ab exercises in a circuit is to build a strong core to increase overall strength, since a strong core will allow all your lifts to increase and is the base to all lifts to also prevent injury

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on the weight loss thus far. .

Have you plateaued??

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

NUTRITION

This is the largest factor in your success, learn the basics to get started and then move into more advanced if needed.

BASICS
    Spoiler!

Sources and More Information

TRAINING

Start with a solid beginner routine, these are designed to get the most for you; they are designed by professionals and use progressive overload. Read through them and pick the one you like most, follow it as it is written.

Why You Should Not Make Your Own Routine
    How To Perform Basic Lifts

Routines
    Starting Strength
    BabyLover's Starting Strength
    AllPro's Beginner Routine
    StrongLifts 5x5
    IceCream Fitness 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Coolcicada's Push Pull Legs

Calisthenics routines
    Spoiler!

SUPPLEMENTS

Remember one thing, supplements are only that; they supplement something and are never meant to be replacements. A multivitamin will not replace fruits and vegetables, a fat burner will not replace a caloric deficit, and a meal replacement is not meant to be your only source of calories.

This is a brief run down of the 'basics', for further breakdowns of specific ingredients (like Yohimbe, Forskolin, Glycerol, ect) more research on your part would be needed.

Protein
    Spoiler!

Multi-Vitamins
    Spoiler!

Fish Oil
    Spoiler!

Creatine
    Spoiler!

BCAAs
    Spoiler!

Fat Burners
    Spoiler!

Pre-Workouts
    Spoiler!

Meal Replacements/Mass Gainer
    Spoiler!

CLA
    Spoiler!

Glutamine
    Spoiler!
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JustinT2391 View Post
    As I stated above Im not a beginner to lifting played football in college and high school with a very strict lifting regimen for strength rather than aesthetics, as far as light days i do higher reps 8-12 range rather than my 5x5 split for strength building. My body fat percentage is not extremely high and even at my current weight I have very good arm, chest, back, and leg definition, so don't just assume I'm fat simply by the measurement on the scale. I just need diet advice so don't just blatantly assume someone is fat because there weight is above the so called norm on some sort of graph that is probably outdated and from the 70s which assumes everyone of the same high has the same body structure and muscle density. The calories you see have been calculated using the forums and double checked by a dietitian and doctor. I weigh all my food and monitor my intake using a log just wondering and need a second opinion if my macros need tuning and decided to ask on here before consulting a dietitian/trainer.

BTW I have hyperthyroid if that helps at all
    What are your lifts for Bench, Deadlfit, and Squat. . using full range of motion & proper form?
    And are you continuously progressing on them?

gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibbss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JustinT2391 View Post
    Ohh and the 200 ab exercises in a circuit is to build a strong core to increase overall strength, since a strong core will allow all your lifts to increase and is the base to all lifts to also prevent injury

Personally i think you Kcals are a bit low esspecially because you have your ''Heavy days" ( heavy training load in general )
    instead off decreasing the Kcal i would up your workload
    Do some HIIT training etc..

i mean find the balance in terms of reaching your goals while eating as many Kcal possible

+
    dooing a lot of repp work on abdominal excersizes will increase core strenght for sure but...
    * The best way to increase core strenght is to do the basic movements without a belt or etc.. ( ''Ed Coan )

And some things that may help :

- Standing dumbell/ barbel schoulder presses ( Bill Kasmaier)
    - Zydrunas press ( Zydrunas Savickas )
    - Standing static ab crunches with pulldown bar ( Louie simmons " west side Barbel )
    - Walking with barbell in stretched position overhead ( Misha koklyaev )
    Last edited by gibbss; 01-07-2016 at 05:55 AM.

I'm not sure if i plateaued or not it just seems like I'm not losing anymore fat and that im not tightening up anymore.

I lift all muscle groups twice per week to maximize results, I would like to build muscle while remaining on a calorie deficit which I know counteracts each other and makes both process slower but I'm willing to put in the work and wait to see the results. Plus I think it will be better to help me fill out while i lose fat.

I was a lot stronger before the calorie and carbs deficit but this is my current lifts

5X5 Lifts if i can get a extra rep ill push for it and then try to increase weight every 3 weeks
    Bench: 270-285lbs depending on the day
    Dead lift: 320-325 depending on the day
    Squat: 230-240 a knee injury so currently starting low to get good form and strengthen the ligament
    Barbell Curl: 100
    Leg Press: 705 Also low to reduce injury to my knee until ligament is strengthens

@Gibbss thanks I will defiantly be doing some HIT to balance the weight lose rather than decreasing my KCal. Also all my lifts are done with out a belt to help increase overall core strength, my ab cycle involves some of the items you listed while including some high rep excessive also such as leg lifts and abdominal raises and weighted side pulls (Obliques)