LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Critique my low bar squat form as much as possibly

Go guys!
    I know my heels get off the ground a bit, will fix on next session. What else should I work on? How does the form look? Critique it as hard as possible

I hit the safety bars on the 5th rep and lost balance so had to drop the bar.
    dl 180kg
    s 150kg
    b 112.5kg/102.5kg x5

My lifting log: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166940041

dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    other than maybe pushing off your heels a bit more, your form looks good! you hit depth etc! i personally couldnt tell if your heels came up cuz the vid kinda cuts half your foot off but im taking your word for it!
    Originally Posted by LeanAsFuark View Post
    Go guys!
    I know my heels get off the ground a bit, will fix on next session. What else should I work on? How does the form look? Critique it as hard as possible

I hit the safety bars on the 5th rep and lost balance so had to drop the bar.

mrcseo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hello guys i'm a new user of this forum please guide me to be a good user

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    No offense man, but you've got a lot of work to do before you get a hard critique.

1. Sit back; your knees come forward like a front squat. That is why you're rocking forward off your heels. Strengthen your hamstrings.
    2. I hope those are flat soled shoes
    3. Posture is rough. Your head is REALLY far forward before squatting.
    4. Rack is too high. You were on your tip toes with feet together to unrack. You should be in the same stance you squat and actually squat the weight off the rack.
    5. Buttwink
    6. Watch some squatting videos.

You're doing some things very well like not good morninging the weight and holding your breath so it isn't all bad. Best of luck man. Keep working hard and you'll get there before you know it.

Edit: Why didn't I give you a hard critique? If I listed out the dozen things you're doing wrong you'd be focusing on a bunch of stuff all at once. You don't fix your form like that. You focus on 1, maybe 2 things at a time for months until they are SOLID. Then you move onto other issues. This is why a hard critique would literally make your form worse.
    Last edited by davisj3537; 12-16-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    Experience, not just theory

LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LeanAsFuark is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    No offense man, but you've got a lot of work to do before you get a hard critique.

1. Sit back; your knees come forward like a front squat. That is why you're rocking forward off your heels. Strengthen your hamstrings.
    2. I hope those are flat soled shoes
    3. Posture is rough. Your head is REALLY far forward before squatting.
    4. Rack is too high. You were on your tip toes with feet together to unrack. You should be in the same stance you squat and actually squat the weight off the rack.
    5. Buttwink
    6. Watch some squatting videos.

You're doing some things very well like not good morninging the weight and holding your breath so it isn't all bad. Best of luck man. Keep working hard and you'll get there before you know it.

Edit: Why didn't I give you a hard critique? If I listed out the dozen things you're doing wrong you'd be focusing on a bunch of stuff all at once. You don't fix your form like that. You focus on 1, maybe 2 things at a time for months until they are SOLID. Then you move onto other issues. This is why a hard critique would literally make your form worse.
    Thanks for the critique, and I will take it with me, but that being said
    1. I agree I need to sit back more but I have very long femurs so that's not quite helping me but agreed that I definitely need to work on that.
    2. It's not flat sole shoes. Why?
    3. I realised once I got home I placed the bar too low on my back (Right in the middle of my rear delts) and I should of placed it on top of my rear delts (Watched Mark rippetoe about bar placement). My head is not far forward at all? Except for when I'm taking a breather.
    4. Agreed, this was the settings I usually have when highbar squatting but it was too high for low bar.
    5. I don't have butt wink? This looks more like buttwink to me

6. Agreed bro, This was first time low bar squatting, but appreciate the feedback.
    dl 180kg
    s 150kg
    b 112.5kg/102.5kg x5

SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1. I agree I need to sit back more but I have very long femurs so that's not quite helping me but agreed that I definitely need to work on that.
    3. I realised once I got home I placed the bar too low on my back (Right in the middle of my rear delts) and I should of placed it on top of my rear delts (Watched Mark rippetoe about bar placement). My head is not far forward at all? Except for when I'm taking a breather.
    4. Agreed, this was the settings I usually have when highbar squatting but it was too high for low bar.

6. Agreed bro, This was first time low bar squatting, but appreciate the feedback.
    If you don't have flat sole shoes, don't wear shoes at all. Do Squat with your current shoes, and then try it with just socks on. You'll notice a huge difference, while you're wearing shows (assuming tennis shoes) the shoes will flex and your ankles will not be stable, etc. I personally just kick my shoes off to the side on leg day (back day as well, at least for deadlift), or you could buy some shoes. A lot of people seem to like converse although i'm not sure which version to recommend, perhaps Davis can give you some advice there.
    BioGro Log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165915501
    Evol Log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166305071
    Speed X3 Log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167131681
    Controlled Labs Fanboy!

Originally Posted by SavageNerdz View Post
    If you don't have flat sole shoes, don't wear shoes at all. Do Squat with your current shoes, and then try it with just socks on. You'll notice a huge difference, while you're wearing shows (assuming tennis shoes) the shoes will flex and your ankles will not be stable, etc. I personally just kick my shoes off to the side on leg day (back day as well, at least for deadlift), or you could buy some shoes. A lot of people seem to like converse although i'm not sure which version to recommend, perhaps Davis can give you some advice there.
    I'm using Adidas WL Shoes..
    dl 180kg
    s 150kg
    b 112.5kg/102.5kg x5

SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SavageNerdz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm using Adidas WL Shoes..
    Call me sheltered but i've never seen those before haha. Hmm, I don't know enough about those shoes to say much in particular about them. Davis pretty much covered everything else i can think of.
    Controlled Labs Fanboy!

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz

They don't seem that long, but I only watched a single video. Kalieda has a good thread on long femur squats. It would be worth reading for you. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...g+femur+squats

When your head comes WAY forward for a breath you're losing tightness in your upper back that you never get back. Once you unrack everything should stay tight and in place. You do have buttwink...I wouldn't worry about completely getting rid of it, but I'd work on minimizing it.

I also kick my shoes off for squats despite my gym's policy on it. No one has ever said a word. There are a few shoe ideas in the link I'm gonna add at the end. Good info in the thread. Take things one step at a time. Good luck.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...at+form+thread

Edit: Your shoes are good.

They don't seem that long, but I only watched a single video. Kalieda has a good thread on long femur squats. It would be worth reading for you. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...g+femur+squats

When your head comes WAY forward for a breath you're losing tightness in your upper back that you never get back. Once you unrack everything should stay tight and in place. You do have buttwink...I wouldn't worry about completely getting rid of it, but I'd work on minimizing it.

I also kick my shoes off for squats despite my gym's policy on it. No one has ever said a word. There are a few shoe ideas in the link I'm gonna add at the end. Good info in the thread. Take things one step at a time. Good luck.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...at+form+thread

Edit: Your shoes are good.
    Will definitely read both later, bout to hit the bed now though. But check my log for high bar squats to get more of a visual of how long my femurs are.

Edit: Already read her post before. and also incase you're too lazy here's a video.

Last edited by LeanAsFuark; 12-17-2014 at 02:28 PM.
    dl 180kg
    s 150kg
    b 112.5kg/102.5kg x5

Call me sheltered but i've never seen those before haha. Hmm, I don't know enough about those shoes to say much in particular about them. Davis pretty much covered everything else i can think of.
    A lot of people in my gym use them actually
    dl 180kg
    s 150kg
    b 112.5kg/102.5kg x5

A lot of people in my gym use them actually
    Interesting, i live here in the states and never seen them! Haha, most people in my gym either wear Tennis Shoes, and the majority of them don't squat. I have one friend who uses olympics for his squat, but the rest of them that i've seen squat in tennis shoes lol.
    Controlled Labs Fanboy!

Interesting, i live here in the states and never seen them! Haha, most people in my gym either wear Tennis Shoes, and the majority of them don't squat. I have one friend who uses olympics for his squat, but the rest of them that i've seen squat in tennis shoes lol.
    His shoes are oly shoes. Notice the raised heel.

OP, your stance is quite narrow. That is contributing to forward knee travel. IF you were to widen up a bit you'd cut several inches off your ROM as well as reduce knee travel.

Indeed, i've only seen one pair of oly shoes in person. I assume the raised heel is a good indication of this? The oly shoes my buddy uses aren't quite THAT raised.
    Controlled Labs Fanboy!

OP, your stance is quite narrow. That is contributing to forward knee travel. IF you were to widen up a bit you'd cut several inches off your ROM as well as reduce knee travel.
    Yes I agree. I need to work on adductor+abductor stretching.
    dl 180kg
    s 150kg
    b 112.5kg/102.5kg x5

Indeed, i've only seen one pair of oly shoes in person. I assume the raised heel is a good indication of this? The oly shoes my buddy uses aren't quite THAT raised.
    Yes sir. They are commonly used by taller lifters and people doing front squats or oly lifts. It puts a lot less stress on ankle mobility.

Most oly shoes are in the .75 inch ballpark, but some are down around a half inch. I call them all oly shoes, but some people may differentiate based on heel size.