Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50)

445lb Deadlift at 155lbs

Totaled 1015 6 weeks ago. Brought that total up to 1100 even after my six week program. Don't have vids for everything but here is one for my deadlift. It was the last thing and my hips were kind of sore after my squat, I feel like I got this up fairly easy. After this rep some guy convinced me to go for 5 plates and after that I was toast. Looking forward to doing 3x bodyweight sooner rather than later! Let me know what ya think guys!

Body Weight - 155

Current PR's -

Bench - 285//Squat - 370// Deadlift - 445

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looked smooth. You are good for 465, I reckon.

Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bryanbeid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah it was my 6th or 7th pull, after working my way up to 370 on squats. If I went in there and did it right off the bat I figure that I could make that pull. Moved my feet and arms a little closer together and it felt really awesome and I just kept adding on the weight.
    Body Weight - 155

Current PR's -

Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    strong! very nice.

Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good work.
    The more I eat and the heavier I train - the better my 'genetics' get.

Penn State Alumni Crew

thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Damn, strong man good work. What program are you referring to if you don't mind me asking?

Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mt.Hoodlum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can you elaborate on how moving your feet and hands closer together helped?

Skullz83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've just started working out and same height as you and 59kg, how long did it take you to get to where you are and do you have a journal on here??

artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice pull. Lose those straps!!
    Deadlift: 575x1
    Squat: 425x1
    Bench: 260x1

182 lbs.

"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson

Go Seahawks!!

jiggawattz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jiggawattz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jiggawattz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jiggawattz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jiggawattz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jiggawattz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Strong lift!

Keep on keeping on notdisappoint's Avatar
    notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strong lift indeed, however:

Difficult to judge from the angle, but aren't you rounding your back a tad too much?
    50% fact.
    50% magic.
    100% results.

Know who invented deload week? Haters. People who want to slow you down, so they can catch up.

Originally Posted by thegreatest911 View Post
    Damn, strong man good work. What program are you referring to if you don't mind me asking?
    Look up Johnny Candito's 6 week program, not sure if I can link to it.

Originally Posted by Mt.Hoodlum View Post
    Can you elaborate on how moving your feet and hands closer together helped?
    It's just what works for me. Ive seen people deadlift in competition with their feet practically touching.

Originally Posted by Skullz83 View Post
    I've just started working out and same height as you and 59kg, how long did it take you to get to where you are and do you have a journal on here??
    Ive only been seriously lifting for about 2 years but I had a solid base from sports my entire life.

Originally Posted by notdisappoint View Post
    Strong lift indeed, however:

Difficult to judge from the angle, but aren't you rounding your back a tad too much?
    Form is going to compromise on a max pull, its just going to happen, the weight is about 2.9 times my bodyweight so its hard to maintain complete rigidity but I generally always put form first. I don't ever lift with a belt to develop a stronger core but threw it on here for added safety as well. That being said Im still going to work on it, does look a little too round for my liking but I did feel perfectly fine after all the pulls.
    Body Weight - 155

Current PR's -

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by artvandelay02 View Post
    Lose those straps!!
    Why?

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks to be mainly upper back rounding as opposed to lower. Great lift, congrats.

jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayareohh924 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strong lift to bw ratio. repped. Hoping to get there before summer myself!
    IG: JayAreOhhh
    S:320 B:225 D:315

Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Form should be #1 when lifting. Yeah your back may have rounded a little bit which is hard to tell from the angle, but if it is then I personally wouldn't count it. That would be like me loading 500 pounds for a squat and go down half way and call it a squat. Form is going to compromise on a heavy lift but I didn't do it properly so I won't count it. Same with something like a DB bent over row. I could throw my entire back and body into it and pull up a 120lb DB but you bet your ass I won't be able to do it with a straight back.

Never the less, strong lift. I am sure you could get it with a straight back with 10+ more pounds if you went in fresh. How is your diet? And what BF% are you at?

Originally Posted by Dontmatterok View Post
    Form should be #1 when lifting. Yeah your back may have rounded a little bit which is hard to tell from the angle, but if it is then I personally wouldn't count it. That would be like me loading 500 pounds for a squat and go down half way and call it a squat. Form is going to compromise on a heavy lift but I didn't do it properly so I won't count it. Same with something like a DB bent over row. I could throw my entire back and body into it and pull up a 120lb DB but you bet your ass I won't be able to do it with a straight back.

Never the less, strong lift. I am sure you could get it with a straight back with 10+ more pounds if you went in fresh. How is your diet? And what BF% are you at?
    Just to be clear rounding your back a little is not even close to doing a half rep on squats.
    Body Weight - 155

Current PR's -

Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dontmatterok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Bryanbeid View Post
    Just to be clear rounding your back a little is not even close to doing a half rep on squats.
    Incorect form = incorrect form

Incorect form = incorrect form
    If you round your back in a competition and complete the lift you get the lift. If you half squat somebody beats you with a sack of oranges.
    Body Weight - 155

Current PR's -

Indeed but I said I personally wouldn't count it. It is just something I do to myself for self security. If I do a 1RM bench for say 250 and then try for 255 and get it all the way up till say lockout and it starts to come down and my spotter just sticks as a little as a finger under the bar, I don't count it. If I do a squat and don't come below parallel, keep back straight, keep knees in line with feet and not past toes, or look up I don't count it as a proper squat. These are just things I do for myself to know that I use just myself and properly.

Not trying to dog on your DL just saying that I personally prefer to perfect my lifts before I count them.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Indeed but I said I personally wouldn't count it. It is just something I do to myself for self security. If I do a 1RM bench for say 250 and then try for 255 and get it all the way up till say lockout and it starts to come down and my spotter just sticks as a little as a finger under the bar, I don't count it. If I do a squat and don't come below parallel, keep back straight, keep knees in line with feet and not past toes, or look up I don't count it as a proper squat. These are just things I do for myself to know that I use just myself and properly.

Not trying to dog on your DL just saying that I personally prefer to perfect my lifts before I count them.
    None of your analogies are applicable, and good luck squatting high bar oly style to depth without your knees going over your toes.
    Who was this love of yours?

Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Qxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

A tiny bit of form breakdown is unevitable when going for a max attempt. Fine that you're always on point with form, but let me guess: you're not even close to 2x BW deadlift?

OP, strong. Very strong. Mirin'.
    "The best BOSU ball workout is one max rep of throwing it across the gym so you have place to deadlift". - Chris Shugart

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Form is going to compromise on a max pull, its just going to happen....
    ^^^^THIS.

OP, you and I have had our differences in this forum, but props to you for a heck of a lift.

And disregard the form criticisms of anonymous naysayers, especially when you never asked for a form critique in the first place.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look up Johnny Candito's 6 week program, not sure if I can link to it.
    Will do. Thanks man.

ahhh sweet, sweet green. Thanks to all for the props! Maybe 5 plates in another six weeks? We'll seeeeeeeee.
    Body Weight - 155

Current PR's -

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

After further review, I've determined that you are genuinely an idiot.

To those questioning the rounding. Upper back rounding can and almost always will happen on a near-maximal lift. Lower back rounding is a legal lift, but is something most will want to stay away from to try to lessen the chance of injury.

Moving feet and hands closer together is smart for most people. Generally, people will have a stronger lift with their feet outside or inside of shoulder width, while being weaker at shoulder width. Going narrower, should allow a person to raise their hips higher at the start, putting more of the ROM/load onto the back/glutes portion of the lift, as opposed to the legs in the beginning.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you round your back in a competition and complete the lift you get the lift. If you half squat somebody beats you with a sack of oranges.
    this

KJ1224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats man, keep up the good work! I'm roughly around the same size as you (weight and height) and this gives me some motivation for the next time I do deadlifts. Repped!

rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjohndrew13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Reds will be reds. Count it, as it's a very good lift. Just be aware of it moving forward, no worries.
    "Strength is the product of struggle. You must do what others don’t to achieve what others won’t" – Henry Rollins

The stronger you are, the lighter the world feels.

Recovering from surgery on my femur.
    Going for 300/400/500 by 9/11/2014.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160872501

Registered User lightweightiron's Avatar
    lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000) lightweightiron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very nice lift.

What workout did you do prior to the Canditio workout?